Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

Thank you Al. You’ve saved a couple of hours of life. Me and the Mrs were thinking of going to go see it in London one afternoon next week, only cos we usually take in a film when we’re down there and that was the one she suggested. But when our 16 year old saw it last weekend, she didn’t rate it so that was an alarm bell and so you’ve just killed the possibility. It can get to fuck. Never got into Agatha Christie anyway. Bitch.

Saw the posters for this one which is released in early January.

Apparently Gary Oldman is outstanding in the role of Churchill.

I'm going to The Florida Project tomorrow then The Death of Stalin and maybe Film Stars don't Die in Liverpool next week

Lat week I saw Call Me By Your Name - very much hyped and rave reviews but I didn't really see what the fuss was all about - wasn't overly taken with one of the main characters - would maybe not have gone if I had seen a trailer

• 4 weeks later...

Never seen any of the Star wars films so can't do any spoilers for you.

Went to Ai Weiwei's Human Flow tonight. Harrowing. Sobering.

Not that "sobering" as such in that we were able to buy and drink alcohol during the film!

Never done that before. Belmont.

Very pleased that I went to the film but can hardly recommend it to you. Not that kind of film.

Gives a real and very hard-hitting perspective of one of the biggest human tragedies on the planet today.

The last jedi is awesome manc.

It brings back the magic of the jedi powers which was lacking in the previous 2 films.

Probably the best star wars film to date.

Loved it!

Highly recommended.

The last jedi is distinctly fucking average at best and a total mess in places.  To describe this the best star wars film ever is utterly ridiculous.  Seriously, you think this is better than empire? Jesus wept. :hammer:

The last jedi is distinctly fucking average at best and a total mess in places.  To describe this the best star wars film ever is utterly ridiculous.  Seriously, you think this is better than empire? Jesus wept. :hammer:

It was a great movie imo. Chillllll.

My favourites are empire strikes back and return of the jedi as are probably most fans.

But the last jedi was up there I would say.

Each to our own.

Watched a couple of films at my brother in laws over Xmas.First one was a film with Lee Evans  :o in it,called the History of Mr Polly.Left us scratching our heads at the end...'Eh?.....ach well'.  Worth watching just for its unusualness    4/10

The other was about Princess' Elizabeth and Margaret having a night out in London without supervision during the VE celebrations."A royal night out" I think?  Not a bad watch at all  7/10

Dunkirk. Holy shit. That was epic.

Watched this over festive period, having meant to watch it since it was released.

Have to disagree with your analysis Manc, I thought it was a massive disappointment as did the missus.

Certainly wasn't the blockbuster that I'd been led to believe it was going to be.

Counting down the days until Darkest Hour. Also looking forward to going to see "All The Money In The World" which is released in a couple of weeks time.

Watched this over festive period, having meant to watch it since it was released.

Have to disagree with your analysis Manc, I thought it was a massive disappointment as did the missus.

Certainly wasn't the blockbuster that I'd been led to believe it was going to be.

Counting down the days until Darkest Hour. Also looking forward to going to see "All The Money In The World" which is released in a couple of weeks time.

Haha it seems to be that way with a few folk. I’d never described it as a blockbuster, was a very British film imo. Didn’t need to show all the blood and guts like the Hollywood ones. Can understand why some will always expect that from a war film

Haha it seems to be that way with a few folk. I’d never described it as a blockbuster, was a very British film imo. Didn’t need to show all the blood and guts like the Hollywood ones. Can understand why some will always expect that from a war film

It's not even the blood and guts Manc.

Think Tyrant has summed it up for me in that it never got going in my opinion.

The music was annoying as shit.

More like an epic BBC2 drama or something ha.

Ill get pelters but give me a cheesy yet awesome action packed Pearl Harbour anyday over Dunkirk.

Watched I, Tonya manc.

Not bad at all.

It's amazing how many successful actors are from Neighbours and Home and Away.

And Churchill is still a racist murderer.

:o

Watched Bloody Sunday (2002) at the weekend. Obviously an event that I know of and have read a little about but it was still shocking to see. I have no doubt that Paras were as bad as (if not worse) than portrayed in the film.

I saw All The Money In The World at the weekend too. Nae a bad film. Worth a watch.

Watched Mother! the other night.

Not enjoyable for me at all.

I cant stand these metaphoric over the top 'clever' representational type movies.

Its poorly done imo and needed more impact in a plainer definitive approach.

Its like shakespeare...hes obviously a genius but his audience is limited I think because they dont understand completely his works through use of complicated words used.

Audiences dont relate to it as much as they could and therefor, it's flawed.

Like this film, the director wants impact and shock but it just isnt enjoyable because there's far too much trauma injected and chaos ensues.

I understood what the director was trying to convey, however, it's too simple even if he's trying to be clever.

Just because the actors are great and the story is representitive of something far more than the norm doesnt mean its a great film.

Intelligencia will no doubt love it though.

3/10

Haha fair enough guys, it does seem like a marmite film. Still need to give the one that BigAl posted a few months back.

Hebrew, Florida Project any good?  It's come up on my streaming site, seems to have reasonable reviews?

Em I dunno if I liked it or not tbh. Bit like a documentary with not much of a story ( which I kind of think was the point) wee girl was excellent and story is actually v sad so I can see why it's been hyped up but maybe not my fav

Molly's Game is excellent  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...