Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

Watching some old classics recently....

Harvey (1950) Great film and Jimmy Stewart is fantastic as Elwood P Dowd.

Gaslight (1940) Atmospheric psychological "thriller". Very, very good.

Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) Just a great film, I like Cary Grant and he is marvelous in this.

The African Queen (1951) a great film, superb acting from Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn.

I would recommend these to anyone that likes their cinema with great writing and no CG!

Fences bored the hell out of me.

Slowest film ever however the acting was brilliant.

It was like watching an intense stage drama with one built scene.

I can understand that.  I think that's how I felt about it too, great acting and I suppose it was more about the emotive story behind it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know lists of stuff are really no gauge on a film, song etc, but just saw this on the BBC website. A top 100 list of film comedies. No place for See No Evil, Hear No Evil... just marks this top 100 out for the crock of shite it is.

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20170821-the-100-greatest-comedies-of-all-time

Some right shite in that 100......some like it hot number 1  :o Haven't seen it in a while but sure I never laughed once........Life of Brian for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thank you Al. You’ve saved a couple of hours of life. Me and the Mrs were thinking of going to go see it in London one afternoon next week, only cos we usually take in a film when we’re down there and that was the one she suggested. But when our 16 year old saw it last weekend, she didn’t rate it so that was an alarm bell and so you’ve just killed the possibility. It can get to fuck. Never got into Agatha Christie anyway. Bitch.