Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

Knives Out. Our youngest is the only one of ours who is studying the creative arts and she is always coming up with surprises, like immediately recognising the Rolling Stones song at the end of this movie. She's home for a few days, started watching this film and I couldn't help but get into it, due to Daniel Craig's crazy accent, a sort of Texas spoof. Just watch it. You'll feel better about everything afterwards. We loved it.

Just been to see 'Tenet' at one of the local Cineworlds

Slightly strange atmosphere in the building which reminded me a bit of a Terry Gilliam film. Completely silent although I doubt it will be like that tonight, tomorrow & Sunday.

Im not really a fan of Christopher Nolan's films and I probably wouldnt have chosen to see if if there was anything else on but it was well done and I didn't recognise Kenneth Branagh.

If you liked 'Inception' theres a good chance you will like this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Went back to 1990 with 'The Exorcist 3: Legion' after finishing the book on Audible
Managed to get hold of a second hand copy through ebay since it doesnt seem to be readily available in the UK.

Given the 2nd exorcist movie had nothing to do with William Peter Blatty this is the actual sequel to the original and for me it pisses all over every 'modern' horror film. 

Also has one of the best 'jump scares' in movie history

• 2 weeks later...

Well sat down with the missus to watch Coming To Amercia 2, not out of any great expectation but more because couldn't be arsed looking for anything else.

Thirteen minutes we lasted and that includes the opening credits before we switched it off.

Admittedly hadn't and indeed still haven't read any of the reviews, so opinion not blinkered.

My advice is just don't folks

Complete and utter dross

• 1 month later...

The Mauritanian on Prime.

True story of Mohamedou Ould Slahi, his detention by the Americans in the wake of the 9/11 attacks in Guantamamo Bay camp, where he was detained for numerous years despit never actually being charged with any crime.

Superb performances from Tahar Rahim (BBC - The Serpent) and the evergreen Jodie Foster as Nancy Hollander who takes on his case to prove his innocence and release. 

8/10 from me

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A few days of downtime for Dad - took the op to take in a wee flick or two 👍

A few terrific gems that may have passed yous by:

Shot Caller - A prick with a terrific life ends up in jail, where he undergoes a transformation into ultra-tough gang cunt; main story centres around a bundle of top notch machine guns smuggled in by a wee arsehole who served in Afghan. Fucking terrific it is - and on Netflix 👍

Beckett - A new one on Netflix also; a young couple are in Greece enjoying a delightful sight-seeing vacation, when after dozing off at the wheel, the main hero crashes their motor down a hill into an abandoned gaff. A wee sighting of a young laddie has him a bitty confused as he wakes up in the hospital - next thing you know hes pricks after him for summat, shooting at him and all sorts. A similar tale to a few classics (Frantic springs to mind) - but no less a rollercoaster of thrills and spills, worthy of your eyeballs attention.

Out of the Furnace - a solid cast of top bastards (Bale, Harrelson, Defoe, Affleck C.); a raw and simple tale of honour and desperation. Bale is fresh out of jail and older brother to loose cannon arsehole Affleck C, who finds himself in a smidge of financial bother. Defoe hooks him up with a underground fight organised by Harrelson - all naturally goes breasts north, cue a bundle of back n forth avenging and killing. Perhaps a little less hidden than the other two - but just in case 👍 Netflix also (I dinnae work for them).

Enjoy these - and maybes Dad will hook yous up with a few more for the viewing calendar - off the page 😎

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/09/2021 at 21:41, Dad said:

A few days of downtime for Dad - took the op to take in a wee flick or two 👍

A few terrific gems that may have passed yous by:

Shot Caller - A prick with a terrific life ends up in jail, where he undergoes a transformation into ultra-tough gang cunt; main story centres around a bundle of top notch machine guns smuggled in by a wee arsehole who served in Afghan. Fucking terrific it is - and on Netflix 👍

Beckett - A new one on Netflix also; a young couple are in Greece enjoying a delightful sight-seeing vacation, when after dozing off at the wheel, the main hero crashes their motor down a hill into an abandoned gaff. A wee sighting of a young laddie has him a bitty confused as he wakes up in the hospital - next thing you know hes pricks after him for summat, shooting at him and all sorts. A similar tale to a few classics (Frantic springs to mind) - but no less a rollercoaster of thrills and spills, worthy of your eyeballs attention.

Out of the Furnace - a solid cast of top bastards (Bale, Harrelson, Defoe, Affleck C.); a raw and simple tale of honour and desperation. Bale is fresh out of jail and older brother to loose cannon arsehole Affleck C, who finds himself in a smidge of financial bother. Defoe hooks him up with a underground fight organised by Harrelson - all naturally goes breasts north, cue a bundle of back n forth avenging and killing. Perhaps a little less hidden than the other two - but just in case 👍 Netflix also (I dinnae work for them).

Enjoy these - and maybes Dad will hook yous up with a few more for the viewing calendar - off the page 😎

I thought Out of the Furnace was a great film.

I'd recommend the last Chris Hemlsworth film I watched a while ago Extraction.

NO SPOILERS:

The new Bond film is eye opening to say the least. Bit of a convoluted plot but overall a very good film with some genuine humour especially involving Q. The ending will split a crowd and I don’t know what to make of it myself. 

Disappointed in Rami Malek, thought he brought very little to the role. In fact when you look at Craig’s 5 films, I thought Mads Mikkleson was head and shoulders the best “baddie” he encountered. 

Not convinced by Lea Seydoux’s character either. Same in Spectre. Very difficult to invest in her romance with Bond where she seems to have very little charisma, compared to say Ana de Armas who was brilliant but criminally underused. 

But the film is well worth seeing in the cinema, the cinematography is superb. 

• 3 weeks later...

New Bond movie was good but not as good as the other Daniel Craig Bind movies. Agree with Kowalski’s comments on Rami Malek. Was not impressed with him at all as being the main villain. Definitely one for watching on the big screen though. Some of scenery made me realise how much I am missing travel.

Halloween Kills 

Absolutely pish, more of a Parody and piss take, rather than a serious & eerie type. The 2018 Halloween wasn't as bad, but was still underwhelming, had very high hopes from David Gordon Green & Danny McBride, but they've fucked it. 

Copshop

Decent enough, slow burner, kind of a " Saw it coming " type Movie, with the introduction of the 2nd Hitman adding to it massively, you'll understand what I mean if you watch it. Worth a watch for sure. 

Not really got anything else on my list, patiently waiting for ANTLERS produced by Guillermo Del Toro, like the look of that. 

13 hours ago, Jute said:

New Bond movie was good but not as good as the other Daniel Craig Bind movies. Agree with Kowalski’s comments on Rami Malek. Was not impressed with him at all as being the main villain. Definitely one for watching on the big screen though. Some of scenery made me realise how much I am missing travel.

He can't help it I know but rami malek's face annoys me and he's a lil weird.

Was excellent in bohemian rhapsody.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Goldie03 said:

I've seen West Side Story and Liquorice Pizza in the last week both decent 👌 

The original West Side Story is very dated and cheesy but the music from it is brilliant and very emotive.

Bernstein was a genius!

Would like to see the new one.

Edited by HaarDon