Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Lowest Ever Point As A Dandy?

Probably Stenhousemuir and Q.O.T.S. Scottish Cup Semi-Final loss are dead level for me.

I've been to nineteen European games at Pittodrie between 2007-09 and 2014-19 and must say out of the two losses I've seen (Real Sociedad the other which despite the way it came about I can just about accept given their quality) the Sigma Olomouc defeat still annoys me 14 years on and don't know why.

This will seem a strange choice, but the 3-0 League Cup final defeat to Celtic in the 16/17 season.

Performance wise we were really poor, didn't really turn up and were easily turned over.

But my main memory was how quiet the support was. Just very few making an effort. I was in amongst many of the old Red Ultras boys and every chant we tried to get going failed, no-one was interested. And it also hit home at the time how few chants we actually had.

Was just a really depressing day. I never thought I'd ever leave a cup final early but we walked out with 15/20 mins to go just fed up. It didn't feel like we were in a cup final at all. Felt like all the life had been sucked out of us.

I've been at all but one of every single shocker - Stenhousemuir, Darvel, Queen of the South, Skonto Riga, Bohemians, both 7-0s to Celtic and the 9-0, and the 6-1 (?) to Livingston. If I'm missing any others, chances are I was there. Think the only one I've missed was the defeat to Queen's Park. But I knew after every one of those that it was a shite result but in time we'd bounce back because we always do.

But that day at Hampden I felt so disenchanted with everything.

A few months later we were totally different in the Scottish Cup in terms of performance and atmosphere. And these days I think our support might be the best it's ever been, and huge credit to Ultras Aberdeen for that. 

• Like 1

For me it’s losing the league to the huns on the last day of the season in 1991 when we shat it. We did so well to get to that situation and I’ll never forgive Michael watt for being a big puss.

remember being crushed when we lost the second leg semi at home 1-0 to Porto in 1984. I was only 11 but I just assumed we’d win and overcome the 1-0 first leg. After all, we were the best team in Europe. Obviously 1983 is talked about but in 84 it was us, the favorites I think, Porto, juve, and man utd in the semis. Crazy!

Queens Park and / or Q.O.T.S. Both horrendously shite days. Fortunately never physically witnessed any pumpings from the ugly sisters, but our cup semi finals appearances were pretty embarrassing. Still, don't think they touch the sides of the two I mentioned. Actually, there was also a big loss to Livi which I remember getting the local pub to put on. Maximum regerts. 

4 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

There was a point, I think it must have been during Ebbe's illustrious reign, that I'm sure we had not scored for about a hundred games and an Andy Dow goal (remember him :wanker:) was treated as if we had just won the league.  Cannot recall who it was even against but we were very, very shite at the time.

Dundee United. I remember that game well. To be fair we were the better team but lost 2-1. 

The feeling was that we had turned the corner though, only to promptly lose 7-0 to Celtic, before beating Motherwell 6-5.

Mental times really.

5 hours ago, Panda said:

Dundee United. I remember that game well. To be fair we were the better team but lost 2-1. 

The feeling was that we had turned the corner though, only to promptly lose 7-0 to Celtic, before beating Motherwell 6-5.

Mental times really.

Missed out the 2-2 and 1-1 draws with Hibs & Falkirk there. The Hibs draw saw the dons go 2-1 up with 4mins to go only for hibs to go straight up the other end and equalise.

Id say the low point for me was September 2003.
Was moving house and in had planned to get everything done by lunchtime so I could go to the Partick Thistle game but decided give it a miss and despite having a season ticket I didnt go to another game till the end of August 2004. 
The whole atmosphere at the club seemed so depressing.

2002/03 season when we travelled to Partick. It was a bloody cold midweek game, and David Lilley was just another one of those players who picked up a wage with us for doing absolutely heehaw and then came up against us and played a blinder to beat us 2-1. Same category as Curtis Main, tbh. 

It was my last Dons game before leaving for NZ, and it really was a fkn boring season, especially given how much fun it was being on the road with the red army the previous season