Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Ian Black / Dan Smith

Dons linked with Caley midfielder

Published: 02/04/2008

ABERDEEN have been linked with midfielder Ian Black, who is poised to quit Inverness Caley Thistle.

Black is on his way out at Inverness after a bust-up with manager Craig Brewster.

That has sparked speculation the Dons and Hibs could move for the 23-year-old in the summer.

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood is refusing to comment on links with any players until after next week’s Scottish Cup clash with Queen of the South, but he is an admirer of Black, who was axed from last weekend’s clash between the clubs.

It’s understood Black told Brewster he no longer wants to play for him.

The Inverness boss responded by banishing the midfielder to train with their youth players until he apologises.

Brewster said: “Players cannot go about saying things like Ian Black said and expect to get away with it.

“He knows what he has to do if he wants to get back into the squad.â€

Aberdeen, meanwhile, are willing to release reserve defender Dan Smith, who is on trial with Port Vale. Smith is expected to play for Port Vale reserves today.

Not necessarily. I'm just going by what is doing the rounds on the rumour-mill at the moment. And currently, Wyness to Pittodrie is the latest one I've heard

along with Lovell to Kilmarnock.

Out of interest, I always thought Wyness was an up and coming striker. Didnae realise the focker was 31 years old!!! Shit! He's almost retired!!!!!

Nae saying I want him back here. Just I've heard that he WILL be back here.

If a talent like Lovell cannae produce the goods for us, I cannae imagine an average striker like Wyness will do half as well.

But we need a striker who can do the job. We need to spend BIG to get a decent man in. Cos let's face it, we've not really had a QUALITY striker since Dodds left for United. Sure, Stavrum scored a heap of goals for us. But most of them came off his arse, knee, shin, back of his head. Doddsy knew exactly where each and every strike was going. And he could create a top-notch goal all on his own.

We need to think BIG for our next striker

If a talent like Lovell cannae produce the goods for us, I cannae imagine an average striker like Wyness will do half as well.

But we need a striker who can do the job. We need to spend BIG to get a decent man in. Cos let's face it, we've not really had a QUALITY striker since Dodds left for United. Sure, Stavrum scored a heap of goals for us. But most of them came off his arse, knee, shin, back of his head. Doddsy knew exactly where each and every strike was going. And he could create a top-notch goal all on his own.

Alan Smith on loan?  :P

I'm presuming this is Davie Dodds you're talking about? He went to the huns from us, not United...

Mark Yardley?