Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ian Black / Dan Smith

Guest swaddon

I'm presuming this is Davie Dodds you're talking about? He went to the huns from us, not United...

Davie Dodds went straight from us to Rangers. Billy Dodds went to United from us in exchange for Robbie Winters, then went to Rangers.

As for this fella Black, I can't say if he's a good player or not, but if he has a bad attitude, then I don't want him at Pittodrie.

So Billy Dodds (AKA  coo's erse banjo) was aiming for the stands all that time? Makes sense now.

I don't know what Billy Dodds you used to watch, but the one I used to watch scored more regularly than anyone we've had since him (with the exception of Stavrum). From memory, Craig Brown promised him a place in the Scotland squad if he scored a hattrick for the Dons. From memory, he managed that feit in the very following Dons match. Also from memory, he was the last Aberdeen player to score a hattrick in Europe.

Name a Dons player since then who has been more, or even as consistent than him.

Davie Dodds went straight from us to Rangers. Billy Dodds went to United from us in exchange for Robbie Winters, then went to Rangers.

Which is what I said.

I don't know what Billy Dodds you used to watch, but the one I used to watch scored more regularly than anyone we've had since him (with the exception of Stavrum). From memory, Craig Brown promised him a place in the Scotland squad if he scored a hattrick for the Dons. From memory, he managed that feit in the very following Dons match. Also from memory, he was the last Aberdeen player to score a hattrick in Europe.

Name a Dons player since then who has been more, or even as consistent than him.

Reekie - I'm with Bilbo on this one. In his first season, if he'd finished a quarter of the chances he should have, he'd have had 40 goals. He very, very rarely hit the ball truly and had the touch of a brick wall. Considering the other strikers we had at the time - Shearer and Booth - he was the weakest of the lot and it still baffles me he played so many matches with one of the others inevitably wasting on the bench. I have also never seen another Aberdeen player miss so many sitters as he did. One against Hearts at Pittodrie in particular was hideous.

And although he finished top scorer for us in that first season with 16 (if i remember correctly), 8 or 9 of them were penalties, meaning he's only scored 8 or so from open play in a full season. Piss.

At the time, when we had had the likes of Shearer and Booth and players like Mason, Hewitt and Nicholas were still fresh in the memory I can safely say Billy Dodds was not Aberdeen class.

He was also a tit.

Guest bloo_toon_red

I'm also with bilbo here.  Indeed Funster and I were discussing Dodds on the way to Inverness.  People seem to have a misty-eyed recollection of Dodds.  He was to that squad what Mackie is to the current one.

Guest swaddon

Only Frank Munro and Mark McGhee have scored hat-tricks for Aberdeen in Europe.

Though Wyness has seemingly rejected a contract with ICT, hence why he was left out of the squad last week. Perhaps Pittodrie-bound?

Dear God!  Please Reekie NO!  Don't even think of starting talk of the sack of potato peelings coming here!

FFS If we weren't "good enough" for him before, and we supporters tolhim to GTF, he can stay away!

Put in a bid for Riordan if anything.