Jump to content

Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

League Cup semi-final


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Panda said:

Confirmed for Sunday 15 January, 3pm kick-off.

Travel wise probably the best option we were going to get (Celtic/Killie is a 5:30 Saturday kick-off).

Agreed for the majority of our support it is best option.

No use for me and I'm going to miss it as down in Cheshire for a conference on the Sunday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Says who? Would be absolutely fucking ridiculous if true.

Says 2018 when they refused to give us a 50/50 split for the final with Celtic after taking great delight in mucking is about for the semi (changed the kick-off time after originally planning to play two games at Hampden on the same day), which adversely affected the ticket sales.

If you think the SPFL has found some integrity since then, I've got some disappointing news for you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Club saying they've sold 12,500 tickets but say: We have been informed by the SPFL that total ticket sales by Tuesday will determine how much of our initial allocation of up to 20,000 we will receive.

We were never going to sell 20,000 to be fair. Now this will be painted as "Aberdeen hand back tickets as Dons fans stay away" rather than acknowledging we've actually sold a very large amount of tickets with well over a month until the game, despite train strikes that day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

For a few weeks I was apathetic about this game - the long build-up and then our dreary return after the World Cup.

But now? Shinnie back, McCrorie finally being allowed to bomb down the right wing, Duk emerging as the GOAT. Now I'm believing again.

I still fear we'll cough up cheap goals, but I'm confident we can get at them too. Hopefully Goodwin doesn't go too daft with the tactics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/01/2023 at 18:16, BigAl said:

I'll try and take a positive out of that

It's not Beaton 😉

You say that Al but the last time we played them in a cup semi (fergie header game) Beaton was ref. Not only that, after we had gone 1 up I remember morelos going down in the box.  From the other end of the park it didn't look the worst claim in the world either and Beaton waved play on.  I would have Beaton over Walsh any day of the week 2bh

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

You say that Al but the last time we played them in a cup semi (fergie header game) Beaton was ref. Not only that, after we had gone 1 up I remember morelos going down in the box.  From the other end of the park it didn't look the worst claim in the world either and Beaton waved play on.  I would have Beaton over Walsh any day of the week 2bh

Wasn't Morelos (he was suspended), was Umar Sadiq and even Beaton couldn't give that one with a straight face (he booked him for diving). 

I don't tend to buy into all the conspiracy theories, but Beaton has been chronic and has certainly given Rangers a leg up against us more than once (2-2 game at Ibrox particularly springs to mind).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Panda said:

Wasn't Morelos (he was suspended), was Umar Sadiq and even Beaton couldn't give that one with a straight face (he booked him for diving). 

I don't tend to buy into all the conspiracy theories, but Beaton has been chronic and has certainly given Rangers a leg up against us more than once (2-2 game at Ibrox particularly springs to mind).

Oh for sure, I'm not saying I think he's a good ref but I don't think he's corrupt.  Just incompetent. If he was, he would have given that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, wee toon red said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64255149

This won’t come back to haunt us at all, no sir.

Saw that earlier and thought, why, just why? Thought we’d moved on from this shite.

 

As a side note, have a spare ticket for Sunday, if anyone knows someone that wants a ticket it, DM please. Face value.  Have also posted it on the DT Twitter page. Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, wee toon red said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64255149

This won’t come back to haunt us at all, no sir.

I watched the whole press conference. This isn't a criticism of Stewart, but he was the least confident out of all four captains. Was probably the most media he's ever faced, and it showed. Some of his answers looked panicked.

And it just hits home why he should never have been made captain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Sunday, 15 January, separate queues will be in place for Rangers and Aberdeen fans at Glasgow Central station. Rangers fans will queue for services to Mount Florida via the carriage driveway on Hope Street, while Aberdeen supporters will queue for services to Kings Park via the main concourse in Glasgow Central station.

After the match, Rangers fans should travel home via Mount Florida, while Aberdeen supporters should make their way home from Kings Park station.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Goodwin today saying no players will be signed before Sunday. He even said it would be a distraction ahead of the game.

Leaves us a bit short in defence with Milne going out on loan (could we not have waited until someone was in the door?).

Good job we're going to win anyway because Duk & Shinnie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Panda said:

Goodwin today saying no players will be signed before Sunday. He even said it would be a distraction ahead of the game.

Leaves us a bit short in defence with Milne going out on loan (could we not have waited until someone was in the door?).

Good job we're going to win anyway because Duk & Shinnie.

We've got Scales and McKenzie for left centre back and Stewart and McRorie on the right. That's enough for one game surely? Goodwin's right though, it would be a massive distraction. Replacing your captain a couple of days before the game would be fairly massive. The alternative being that we sign a centre half that isn't good enough to displace Stewart, which would also be ludicrous. 

That said, the issue doesn't go away beyond Sunday.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...