Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

League Cup semi-final

"as Aberdeen prepare to face Rangers in Sunday's Viaplay Cup semi-final, BBC Scotland has been speaking to some of the main protagonists from that day almost nine years ago."

Oh aye, what day was that you spoke to them? Monday, Wednesday? Oh no, 2018. Thanks for the valuable update and unbeatable journalism.

BBC's coverage of anything non old firm

53 minutes ago, redordead said:

Pitch looking like it's cutting up already and the weather is horrendous tonight. All the makings of a battle tomorrow.

To be honest, the more of a battle it is, the more I can't help but thing it will work in our favour 

Let's do these Hun Bastards 

7 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

"as Aberdeen prepare to face Rangers in Sunday's Viaplay Cup semi-final, BBC Scotland has been speaking to some of the main protagonists from that day almost nine years ago."

Oh aye, what day was that you spoke to them? Monday, Wednesday? Oh no, 2018. Thanks for the valuable update and unbeatable journalism.

BBC's coverage of anything non old firm

Today was the first time I had read the article, and I work there. And that's why things like that get repurposed from time to time, because although it might be an "old" article, it's new to others who haven't seen it before.

I've a Dundee Scottish Cup article I flog on the site every year around this time.

Pitch is going to make it interesting. Might work in our favour and slow down Sakala and Tillman who are the big threats. 

Colak out (unless Beale is at it) and Morelos more overweight than I am, so it's those two I worry about and a heavy pitch makes it harder for them AS LONG AS WE DON'T DEFEND TOO DEEP. Capitals are justified on this one. 

I would have suggested dropping Miovski and I would have liked to see Hayes or Duncan in behind instead, but now I want to see two strikers. I can actually see him scoring too.

1-1 I think and into extra-time then who knows.

8 hours ago, Panda said:

Today was the first time I had read the article, and I work there. And that's why things like that get repurposed from time to time, because although it might be an "old" article, it's new to others who haven't seen it before.

I've a Dundee Scottish Cup article I flog on the site every year around this time.

It's fine to regurgitate an article, but don't lie about it by saying that you caught up with the players and simply change the name of the cup sponsor to suit. At the very least, delete the comments from the article so that we don't read posters telling us that we've got a great chance of beating Brendan Rogers' Celtic side.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

It's fine to regurgitate an article, but don't lie about it by saying that you caught up with the players and simply change the name of the cup sponsor to suit. At the very least, delete the comments from the article so that we don't read posters telling us that we've got a great chance of beating Brendan Rogers' Celtic side.

When we win today I'll make sure the 2018 cup final preview is properly updated.

24 minutes ago, redordead said:

All credit to Kennedy. Great run. And as much as I slate his ability, it was a tidy finish.

Now we need to have a go for a second and kill this off. We've been lucky twice, need to have a go at them to take the pressure off.

Which we didnt do. 1 - 1.

Hoof up the arse if ever needed

Already questions about whether Stewart has what it takes to be captain before the game. Listening on the radio so I've not seen it but sounds like he lost his composure which is not what you expect from the captain.

If we were to somehow get through who's playing center back for the final. No Stewart or Scales. 

Edited by DantheDon

Genuine question.  Since I first started following the club season 1989-90 how many times have we actually shown up and produced our best in a Cup Semi-Final.  It can't be that many. 

Another embarrassing time I'm preparing myself for from local people taking the absolute mick out of me and my so called football team.  And you guys wonder why I've been wanting to walk away from football altogether.  Honestly don't know why we bother getting on that bus down to Glasgow sometimes.

Edited by SeeBass
Spelling error