Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs vs. Dons

Sounds like we’re getting the whole stand at Easter road? A few more hundred to sell before we get the final allocation, but whole stand has been dedicated as a way from what I can see.

their form hasn’t been great, but not as bad as I thought it was. we’ve been a bit hot and cold as is expected so can easily see this being a draw. That said, I’ve not watched any of their games so I’ve no idea if they’re there for the taking.

Barron sounds like he’s not too far away from training which is great news, but certainly won’t be ready for this game. Hoping Miovski finds his scoring boots again.

out

bed

bed

bed

1-1, mccrorie

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Sounds like we’re getting the whole stand at Easter road? A few more hundred to sell before we get the final allocation, but whole stand has been dedicated as a way from what I can see.

Stand supposedly holds 3,943 so seems there isnt really much demand from the Leith loyal to take up a section of it so easier from a stewarding point of view to just keep it for away fans.
Be very surprised if an extra 1500 dons suddenly decided to turn up (unless the sprit of August 2002 takes them - Mackie, Clark & Kjaer the heroes that day)

Maybe in

Flat then bus or train (maybe)

Away end (maybe)

Bus or train home

0-0

This weekend’s train strike being cancelled may entice a few more along now. With Clarkson suspended would like us to try Lopes and Miovski up front as a pairing but think it is more likely that Polvara will get the start in midfield as Watkins seems to be on same naughty step as Ramirez. 

Hibs have looked pretty shite from what I have seen so far and local spoonburners are already grumbling about Johnston as a manager. If we can keep Boyle quiet we should be winning this one.

In

Flat then 2 minute stroll to the ground

Away end

Two minute walk back to flat

2-0 Miovski and McCrorie

3 hours ago, Goldie03 said:

In

Was thinking of taking car and parking at Jute's flat but now probs bus so get the beers in 😊

Might loiter outside to make sure GSTFK not played

Dinner & film with middle daughter

0-3 McCrorie hat-trick 

All requests for beer should be referred directly to management and she will make me go and buy it. 

• Haha 1

I agree with Jute, Duk has defo earned a start and it will be interesting to see not only if he gets it but where he plays if he does.  Put him wide and let Vinny play no 10 or keep vinny wide and put Duk behind Miovski.  If it's not Duk then it will be vinny  behind the miovski with Kennedy and hayes wingers most likely.  

Reasonably confident of a positive result, hibs are not to be taken lightly regardless of their patchy form but we should have enough in the tank to get the job done. 

0-2 Miovski and kennedy

I can't help but wonder how this forced mourning will go down with the fans across the fixtures.  The huns are going full minutes silence then national anthem and I really can't see the jutes respecting that 2bh.  Can't say I blame them either, I wouldn't personally interrupt a minutes silence but as an atheist republican I would boo the shit out of the national anthem. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

I can't help but wonder how this forced mourning will go down with the fans across the fixtures.  The huns are going full minutes silence then national anthem and I really can't see the jutes respecting that 2bh.  Can't say I blame them either, I wouldn't personally interrupt a minutes silence but as an atheist republican I would boo the shit out of the national anthem. 

The good thing about the minute's applause is that you can visibly and respectfully reject it by just not joining in. It's a fairly easy compromise. This entire charade is taking place in order to be seen. It's not a mark of respect or an opportunity to grieve, it's purely to be seen to be doing something. In that regard, I find it utterly disrespectful. I'd love to see the sadness-cams on sportscene panning across a whole stand of Dons and Hibs fans just not joining in with an enforced measure. I hope every Dons fan going that doesn't feel the grief makes sure that they are in the ground and politely not taking part. I'd love it even more if the tannoy announcer said something along the lines of: "we're about to hold a minute's applause for the death of the Queen. If you don't wish to join in, there is certainly no obligation, but we do ask you to please be respectful of those that wish to.". It'd just be nice to think that people aren't just joining in because they feel obliged to, that it's a completely acceptable thing to just stand in silence (or chatting, whatever suits). The objective of the entire thing is to show a single view of Britishness. A "national mourning". The media in this country are shaping a narrative rather than reporting on it and they want football fans to be a part of their show. Any viewer of British media in the last week would assume a nation in hysterics, without exception and that really isn't the case. The people standing in 24 hour queues to view a corpse-box aren't normal and they aren't representative of Britain as whole, less so Scotland. I think it's important that football shows that whilst being respectful of those that feel differently - which in Scotland is the minority. In my opinion, booing the dead monarch would be crass, however booing that seamless switch to new king via gstk would be a completely different proposition. I don't believe Dons or Hibs fans will have that shite forced upon them today though.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

That minutes silence is worth checking out btw, hilarious.