Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs vs. Dons

24 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

If it had been in the Hibs box you would have been howling for a pen 🤣🤣

Nah, I don't like pens for shite like that, think it ruins the game. It wouldn't have been a pen before the var introduction to fitba and nor should it be. Their pen definitely a pen there, pish play by Scales.

Poor end to the half, but Hibs deserve it, they've been the better team. You can't give up the midfield for an entire half and expect results. Duk offers nothing back the way so it's difficult to justify his inclusion from the start (unfortunately, I'm glad Goodwin tried it, but it was wishful thinking that the two up front would work). Ramadani been poor again, I don't think he's good enough, especially in a two with McRorie. Just completely overrun and it leads to the bookings for the centre halves which eventually leads to the red card. I understand Goodwin risking trying to see the half out, it's totally what I'd do, but you don't expect an actual manager to do it! He should have addressed the glaring holes earlier and it will likely lead to us losing.

5 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Scales getting dragged down and then sent off. Thats what VAR is for

He loses his man, who completely gets the run on him. No chance var would be overturning that. On a booking, he should have put his arms in the air and let the player go, taking the risk that he'd miss the opportunity. Stewart had a moment five minutes earlier further up the pitch where he could have gone into a 50-50 and just completely removed himself from the situation knowing that it could bring on a second booking. Scales should have done the same. 

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

McKenzie on for Coulson? Injury I'm guessing as he's been our best player. Maybe a back three?

I'm kind of thinking that if Coulson was capable of playing more than a game and a half without being injured, then he would be nowhere near Aberdeen.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Morris & Polvara are imposters

They surely can't really be professional footballers 😮

Not been convinced by Morris even remotely, don't understand why Duncan isn't ahead of him. 

We looked wide open long before scales got sent off but even then goals 2 and 3 were very poor to concede. 

Seemed to be timewasting from the moment Duk scored which is pathetic.

This is hibs not brazil 1970 and the longer it takes to put them under pressure in their own half the less likely they will concede

The passing out from the back was an accident waiting to happen as soon as hibs realised the dons were happy to sit back and yet they persisted making the defence work harder than was necessary

• Like 1