Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Well

Slightly annoyed they ditched their manager before playing us, but regardless, we should be looking to get the full three points here. They are shite, and hopefully after another week of training together, our creativity will overcome them . I’m watching these home games with interest to see if we’ve turned the corner (signs are positive). 

it doesn’t sound good for Coulson given we’ve heard nothing, which is a huge shame, but we did ok after he went off too. Wouldn’t see much changing tbh. How far is Barron from fitness? 

out

bed

bed

bed

2-0 dons, miovski and Besuijen

10 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Slightly annoyed they ditched their manager before playing us, but regardless, we should be looking to get the full three points here. They are shite, and hopefully after another week of training together, our creativity will overcome them . I’m watching these home games with interest to see if we’ve turned the corner (signs are positive). 

it doesn’t sound good for Coulson given we’ve heard nothing, which is a huge shame, but we did ok after he went off too. Wouldn’t see much changing tbh. How far is Barron from fitness? 

out

bed

bed

bed

2-0 dons, miovski and Besuijen

I’d say mccrorie in midfield has a similar influence to shinnie, tremendous work rate energy and presence. Would like to see hayes moved to left back assuming Mackenzie isn’t fit. Play Vinny and kennedy/Morris wide and clarkson at 10. Little too much change though and I expect mccrorie at the back.

3-0, miovski Vinny and scales

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

I’d say mccrorie in midfield has a similar influence to shinnie, tremendous work rate energy and presence. Would like to see hayes moved to left back assuming Mackenzie isn’t fit. Play Vinny and kennedy/Morris wide and clarkson at 10. Little too much change though and I expect mccrorie at the back.

3-0, miovski Vinny and scales

Agree with all this except I'd like to see Watkins start.

However, I fear he's one of the ones who'll be leaving soon.

33 minutes ago, Panda said:

Agree with all this except I'd like to see Watkins start.

However, I fear he's one of the ones who'll be leaving soon.

I like Watkins effort but he’s still limited. He was effective last year but I’m assuming/hoping Morris and duk are replacing him in the squad.

5 hours ago, BigAl said:

One decent league result and we can see the feel good factor is back  with Manc starting a Saturday game thread on a Tuesday morning 

Agreed, total glory hunter 😂😂

Barron is another 3 weeks at least I believe manc.  

I expect Goodwin will go with the team that won him the game on Saturday, that seems to be very much his mantra in interviews.  Scales was excellent at lb and Clarkson can clearly hold his own in Mcrories cm berth.  

I fully expect us to win this but you just know Motherwell are going to bring their thuggish worst so unless we get an early goal it could be a bit of a slog.  

Out

Work

Rtv

Dunno

3-0 Kennedy, Miovski and Duk from the bench again. 

7 hours ago, BigAl said:

One decent league result and we can see the feel good factor is back  with Manc starting a Saturday game thread on a Tuesday morning 😉

I mentioned to jute (pre season) about me getting a ticket for hearts away in Jan , ahead of all the glory hunters jumping on our inevitable victorious league campaign 😉. Just saying I got in early 🤣

With McKenzie playing for the B side against Brora would assume he could be in contention to play on Saturday if Coulson is out as expected. Would expect rest of team to be unchanged from Saturday. Motherwell looked very poor in European games against Sligo and the games against St Mirren (despite winning) and St Johnstone. This is another game we should be looking to win comfortably. 

In

pub

Y

pub then family BBQ

2-0 Miovski and Kennedy

On 09/08/2022 at 20:10, manc_don said:

I mentioned to jute (pre season) about me getting a ticket for hearts away in Jan , ahead of all the glory hunters jumping on our inevitable victorious league campaign 😉. Just saying I got in early 🤣

Went and checked and Manc’s enthusiasm was indeed pre start of league. It was not however pre start of season so still a bit of a glory hunter. 

• Haha 2

Had a hills weekend planned this w/e,but 24oC +,with little wind forecast,..... stuff that

In or Oot - In

Furryboots - Mainer

Pre - Garden

Post - Cullen

Prediction -  Be nice to give them a doing,but happy with a 2 - 1 to the Dons.  Miovski,Clarkson.Looking forward to it...

Oot

KBGC 

Red TV

6-0

Miovski x 2, Vinnie, McRorie, Scales & Kennedy

Local beer garden

Crowd 14,267

A strong referee to show red cards to the thugs known as Van Veen & Mugabi and a very overdue one to Ged Brannan ( if you were around at the time, you'll get it 😉 )

• Like 1

On 10/08/2022 at 22:28, Jute said:

With McKenzie playing for the B side against Brora would assume he could be in contention to play on Saturday if Coulson is out as expected. Would expect rest of team to be unchanged from Saturday. Motherwell looked very poor in European games against Sligo and the games against St Mirren (despite winning) and St Johnstone. This is another game we should be looking to win comfortably. 

In

pub

Y

pub then family BBQ

2-0 Miovski and Kennedy

The McKenzie that played against Brora was Blair not Jack 😉

Just found this out. Assuming we will now move McCrorie back into left side of defence and Scales at left back again. Would rather move Stewart over to left of central defence and play Bates to allow us to keep McCrorie in midfield but cannot see Goodwin going with that. 

Apparently Stephen Glass applied for the Motherwell job, so we could have been lining up against him this weekend had the Fir Park board gone a different way.

Anyway, I'd go for this today.

9AB3E25F-6764-4945-BD53-3624B740BF1C.thumb.jpeg.a74cacfcd8227bc12bf3b090998de7d9.jpeg

Maybe that front three could be shifted around a little with Duk and Besuijen playing wide, but I like that midfield three of Clarkson-Ramadani-McCrorie.

Like the look of that line up,potential goal fest if we can under their skin and score early.

Was aiming to get into the main stand today,but its sold out apparently*,along with the red shed.Section Y in the sun it is then.COYR

*means it'll be 2/3 full 

Edited by Elgindon

First real test of the season for JG. Get them fired up for the second half, Thai is a game we ‘need’ to win if we’re any good. Curious to see what Morris can do, as much as I’m not a kennedy fan, and we seem to have wingers, don’t need another injury.

hope Leighton shows up second half!