Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dante Polvara

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Anyone know what’s happening with this guy? Will we see him any time soon??

He has not kicked a ball since start of December so at minimum would think he has to go through a preseason type training. On top of that is stepping up from development level to full time football. Be surprised if we see much of him this season. 

3 hours ago, Jute said:

He has not kicked a ball since start of December so at minimum would think he has to go through a preseason type training. On top of that is stepping up from development level to full time football. Be surprised if we see much of him this season. 

^^^^

Very much this.

Hopefully he is up to scratch and good enough for a place on the bench by mid March or so 👍

6 hours ago, Jute said:

Picture of the lad in hospital doing the rounds along with rumour of an hernia operation which usually means minimum of 4 weeks of no training if true. 

Ffs. I mean I guess in the short term it won’t make a difference as he wasn’t likely to go straight into the first team, but still.

7 hours ago, Jute said:

Picture of the lad in hospital doing the rounds along with rumour of an hernia operation which usually means minimum of 4 weeks of no training if true. 

If that's true then we are a fucking joke of a club.

Glass sort this team out and buy a good striker and stop the mediocrity.

Are we really relying on 1 decent winger to turn things around?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

It does seem to have Atlanta written all over it. He's 23 and isn't really anywhere near it. I don't think he'll prove anything in the next three years.

I think it’s so we can sell him next summer. He had a very good spell here with Charleston on loan and MLS teams will pay for him.

Edited by OrlandoDon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

I think it’s so we can sell him next summer. He had a very good spell here with Charleston on loan and MLS teams will pay for him.

That sounds plausible. Maybe even Atlanta B will take him. He's a good all round player whose level is just a bit below where we're at. The only way I can see him having a future here is if he really goes to town on his fitness and becomes a lot more aggressive. Like Morris, for me, he doesn't seem to have significantly improved from last season, which suggests there's probably a limit to his capabilities, which means he won't be good enough for us. I'd probably have him as slightly less serviceable than McKenzie.

• 2 months later...

What a difference a few months make.

Like others I thought we were far to quick off the mark in giving him a three year extension but he has developed pretty well and worthy of a starting place in our team. Initially I felt whenever he was in the team or subs bench that he was just making up numbers but in my humble opinion he was our MOTM on Thursday in a match where we didn't really have any failures 

Developing into an important player for us and potentially another who might earn us a nice little transfer fee if he keeps this going 

I really like Polvara.  I noticed pre season he was getting talked up an awful lot by Robson and Hayes.  As such I  watched him closely anytime he got minutes.  Robson was talking him up again in his presser yesterday and I can see him becoming a big player for us as the season progresses.  Polvara was also speaking and he comes across as very switched on and humble.  His ball for Sokler on thursday gets better every time you watch it.  

He's still not there yet for me. A good squad player though, and glad we have players like him to call upon. He's a good passer of the ball, he's just a level below Clarkson there, not as good in behind the front two as McGrath and not aggressive enough, and athletic enough to cover Shinnie's role. If we don't start Sokler and Miovski tomorrow then I'd have him in from the start playing high up with McGrath in a 3-4-2-1. He's certainly got a role to play in many of our games and he'll almost certainly feature at some point tomorrow. If he doesn't start, then Robson should definitely give him the last few minutes when we're 3-0 up as a reward for his big improvement this season.

9 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

He's still not there yet for me. A good squad player though, and glad we have players like him to call upon. He's a good passer of the ball, he's just a level below Clarkson there, not as good in behind the front two as McGrath and not aggressive enough, and athletic enough to cover Shinnie's role. If we don't start Sokler and Miovski tomorrow then I'd have him in from the start playing high up with McGrath in a 3-4-2-1. He's certainly got a role to play in many of our games and he'll almost certainly feature at some point tomorrow. If he doesn't start, then Robson should definitely give him the last few minutes when we're 3-0 up as a reward for his big improvement this season.

I am still not convinced by him. As you say he is behind Clarkson, McGrath and Shinnie and if Barron was not out of favour for contractual reasons I would have him ahead of Polvara as well.