Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next Manager

It’s simple...Regardless of who gets the job, whether they would have been our first choice or wouldn’t have made our shortlist...it’s irrelevant. Our job as fans is to support them and the team. I would say there’s at least 3 transfer windows required to turn the squad around and we need to be patient and give them and Cormack time. 

9 minutes ago, sheepheid said:

It’s simple...Regardless of who gets the job, whether they would have been our first choice or wouldn’t have made our shortlist...it’s irrelevant. Our job as fans is to support them and the team. I would say there’s at least 3 transfer windows required to turn the squad around and we need to be patient and give them and Cormack time. 

Our job as fans is to question the decisions of the club. Glass is not at fault here, nor Brown, so there is no question that they'll be given backing. However, at no point were we told that Atlanta would be grooming our next manager. In a supposed age of transparency, we're correct to be questioning this relationship and where it takes us.

2 hours ago, baggy89 said:

If accurate. What a load of shit. 

Rather have had Goodwin at least he has experience managing in Scotland and appears to be on the way up. 

As soon as Neil became available, the board should have gone all out to get him. If we end up, within 48 hours of him getting the dunt from Preston, employing the original rumoured, unproven and inexperienced "team" (with Atlanta connections) I think a large section of the support will walk away for a period of time.

Could end up being a very damaging decision. 

Alex Neill has a job lined up in England allegedly. 

12 minutes ago, tup1 said:

They can't do any worse than McInnes.

And there we have with what really pisses me off about the way an element of our support view Derek McInnes. That is a very all emcompassing statement. I struggle to comprehend that any Aberdeen fan can't see the benefit of the McInnes era. If you meant the latter stages of McInnes term then you should have made that clearer Tup.

• Like 2

Christ boys, the guy hasn't even started and already he's being slated. I personally think it's a ballsy move bringing in someone like Brown to assist Glass knowing the blowback there's going to be. Don't get me wrong, I've hated Brown as much as the next guy but if he pulls on an Aberdeen shirt he'll have my full support. 

I was a supporter of McInnes although I accepted that since the end of the year the time had come to try something new. I'll support Glass 100% - if he doesn't work out then he doesn't work out but thank Christ in my opinion we didn't hire someone else like John Hughes or Tommy Wright. The standard of MLS is far better than it's given credit for and when Glass took over the Atlanta role on an interim basis they were playing in front of 50,000 people.

In short, give the loon a chance. Let him try bringing through youth, different tactics and his own players. It might be a disaster, it might be an outrageous success but candidly we're here to win and sometimes that means we have to try something different... otherwise what's the point?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BigAl said:

And there we have with what really pisses me off about the way an element of our support view Derek McInnes. That is a very all emcompassing statement. I struggle to comprehend that any Aberdeen fan can't see the benefit of the McInnes era. If you meant the latter stages of McInnes term then you should have made that clearer Tup.

Aye the bit since he dithered over taking the Sevco job.

He was doing quite well up until then. But he made a mess of it from there on in. Some of the football we played recently was the worst in a long time.

I thought I'd be sorry to see him go, and he'd move to a bigger club. But none of that applied. As soon as Sevco came 'back', he crumbled and fell into line.

I can't be arsed with him any more, he's just another hun.

3 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Aye the bit since he dithered over taking the Sevco job.

He was doing quite well up until then. But he made a mess of it from there on in. Some of the football we played recently was the worst in a long time.

I thought I'd be sorry to see him go, and he'd move to a bigger club. But none of that applied. As soon as Sevco came 'back', he crumbled and fell into line.

I can't be arsed with him any more, he's just another hun.

You're excused then ?

25 minutes ago, Dandy_Don said:

Christ boys, the guy hasn't even started and already he's being slated. I personally think it's a ballsy move bringing in someone like Brown to assist Glass knowing the blowback there's going to be. Don't get me wrong, I've hated Brown as much as the next guy but if he pulls on an Aberdeen shirt he'll have my full support. 

I was a supporter of McInnes although I accepted that since the end of the year the time had come to try something new. I'll support Glass 100% - if he doesn't work out then he doesn't work out but thank Christ in my opinion we didn't hire someone else like John Hughes or Tommy Wright. The standard of MLS is far better than it's given credit for and when Glass took over the Atlanta role on an interim basis they were playing in front of 50,000 people.

In short, give the loon a chance. Let him try bringing through youth, different tactics and his own players. It might be a disaster, it might be an outrageous success but candidly we're here to win and sometimes that means we have to try something different... otherwise what's the point?

Can you point to a single person on here suggesting they wouldn't get their support?

You're arguing against a point nobody is making. We're completely correct to question the appointment of an inexperienced manager. We're right to question the motives behind that appointment from our board. Otherwise, what's the point?

1 minute ago, Chris Frae Killie said:

If Broonie does take the job, that will be curtains for Shay Logan. Those two hate each other, Broonie might rise above it but there is no way Shay will. 

What the fuck? There's nothing for Scott Brown to rise above. He was a vicTim blaming moron, unapologetically excusing racism. 

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

What the fuck? There's nothing for Scott Brown to rise above. He was a vicTim blaming moron, unapologetically excusing racism. 

That's not what I meant, poor choice of words, sorry. I mean, he will likely not have any grudge to hold against Shay, whereas Shay will not be likely to forgive and forget.

• Like 1

How do you know Cormack wants a yes man?

how do you know Glass is a yes man?

Cormack is a very successful businessman and for all you know, perhaps he despises a yes man. Perhaps he likes to be challenged!

We know very little about both of them so let’s try and be positive and give them our backing. 

14 minutes ago, Chris Frae Killie said:

Why? Shay won't be likely to forgive and forget, why would he? Or why should he for that matter?!?

It's fine, it's difficult to get the right expression, I get what you mean. 

I have to admit, if I were chairman I'd be appointing Brown on the understanding that he made a public apology to Logan. I think that would take balls and show some class at the same time. He's never apologised for his part and so it's impossible for Logan to forgive. I have absolutely no doubt that Brown still thinks he did nothing wrong and the past weekend's events reinforce that. It must be fairly fucking shite to be Logan right now. It's a long time ago and I don't think it's relevant to brown's character today, so a simple apology would go a long way. Without it, I think this is a little bit like the signing of goodwillie. 

There's a suggestion that the two paths might not cross, but are we really going to be holding on until summer to get our assistant manager in? That fucking reeks too, very similar to the McGhee situation. We need him here now so that Glass has all the support required to build a rapport with the players and get his processes and systems in place. It's fucking amateur not to.