Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next Manager

If you were manager and you liked/knew of a great employee you would still interview others for the job.

They may have to really blow you away to change your mind but it happens in business all the time.

I dont see anything wrong with Cormack doing the same.

The combo of Glass and Brown is now an exciting one I think IF what's been said that they're bringing in 2 international footballers (one hopefully being Griffiths).

That would be fantastic for a start IMO.

It's not what I wanted but theyll both get my backing.

I dont see why Brown should have to publicly apologise to Logan either.Who does that?

I've no doubt at some point Brown will take Logan aside privately and tell him he regrets what happened. Hopefully.

Let's get behind this appointment now.

I believe in Cormack and his ambition to get this great club back to winning ways.He seems genuine and McInnes and covid have held him back for a year.

?

2 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

I dont see why Brown should have to publicly apologise to Logan either.Who does that?

I've no doubt at some point Brown will take Logan aside privately and tell him he regrets what happened. Hopefully.

I suggested it. We're talking about racism here, it goes beyond Logan and Brown. I think it's the right thing to do. Let me be clear, I don't have an issue with Brown and I don't think his actions at that time are indicative of his person now. I just think that if you're serious about tackling racism in the game then something has to be said. I'd be entirely fine with Brown not apologising, but not if we're going to continue to take the knee and involve ourselves with the kick racism out campaigns. It has to be one or the other, otherwise it's just tokenism and a waste of everyone's time. I'd rather AFC didn't bother with it if when it comes to the crunch they just bury it.

Are brown and Russell announced? And who is Russell???? Plus the comments of two internationalists, what’s that? 
Based on Glass’ red tv interview sounds like some of the coaching staff are staying?

Edited by LA-Don

2 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Are brown and Russell announced? And who is Russell???? Plus the comments of two internationalists, what’s that?

Hi L.A.

It was a comment posted on the other forum by a poster who is always right.

He has inside info somehow and was talking about Brown and Glass being appointed b4 it was announced with them bringing in 2 international players.

I believe him.

2 hours ago, HaarDon said:

If you were manager and you liked/knew of a great employee you would still interview others for the job.

They may have to really blow you away to change your mind but it happens in business all the time.

I dont see anything wrong with Cormack doing the same.

The combo of Glass and Brown is now an exciting one I think IF what's been said that they're bringing in 2 international footballers (one hopefully being Griffiths).

That would be fantastic for a start IMO.

It's not what I wanted but theyll both get my backing.

Let's get behind this appointment now.

I believe in Cormack and his ambition to get this great club back to winning ways.He seems genuine and McInnes and covid have held him back for a year.

?

Griffiths is a busted flush.

Barely fit enough to play 30 minutes. 

I wish glass all the best. He was a quality player and he might put a bit of ambition into the side.

I'd love to see us try to take it to the old firm by trying to outplay them. When I see some of the German sides playing out on TV, I think to myself, " why can't our coaches make us play like that? ". It was clear that cormack park wasn't a hot bed of tactical brilliance and the team had little direction on game day.

sure we might lose some games from mistakes but at least we'd enjoy watching it.

2 hours ago, redordead said:

I wish glass all the best. He was a quality player and he might put a bit of ambition into the side.

I'd love to see us try to take it to the old firm by trying to outplay them. When I see some of the German sides playing out on TV, I think to myself, " why can't our coaches make us play like that? ". It was clear that cormack park wasn't a hot bed of tactical brilliance and the team had little direction on game day.

sure we might lose some games from mistakes but at least we'd enjoy watching it.

The Old Firm?.....

hang on a second, wait until Mr McFly fires up his Delorean

20 minutes ago, tup1 said:

We could do with Brown in now so we could score a goal in the last few games.

Just punt Logan and let him crack on with his plumbing.

I agree. Not as player obviously, but as assistant. I think it's bizarre that we're getting in one third of a management team earlier than the rest. It's a recipe for disaster. First impressions of the players are hugely important as we learned with McGhee. Glass will need all the support he can get from day one. If there's any dissent from staff or players he'll struggle to get a handle on it without help. Hopefully he'll get a smooth ride. I'd prefer to see him in the stands until his assistant, at least, can join him.

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I agree. Not as player obviously, but as assistant. I think it's bizarre that we're getting in one third of a management team earlier than the rest. It's a recipe for disaster. First impressions of the players are hugely important as we learned with McGhee. Glass will need all the support he can get from day one. If there's any dissent from staff or players he'll struggle to get a handle on it without help. Hopefully he'll get a smooth ride. I'd prefer to see him in the stands until his assistant, at least, can join him.

Agreed 100%.  Hopefully that will happen and Glass will watch on and observe things rather than being directly involved straight away, until his entire team are ready to go in. 

19 minutes ago, sheepheid said:

Agreed 100%.  Hopefully that will happen and Glass will watch on and observe things rather than being directly involved straight away, until his entire team are ready to go in. 

I don't think it will happen that way though. It's putting him in an awkward position. It wouldn't look good for him not to take charge straight away (like McInnes did when he took over from Brown - was supposed to wait until the summer, but insisted in coming in after the split). It'll certainly be a good test of his character.

One thing in his favour is that Hornby is returning from injury and prior to his injury there was a brief glimpse that he was getting up to speed. Kamberi needs someone to work off - he's largely useless without that - and I think of we can get one or two goals the pressure will be off the players a little. 

59 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I'm meaning as a player.

Our team has been terrible since McKenna left. Looks like we were pretty much a one man team at that point.

Since, there's been no leadership whatsoever, from any of the other players. They've all looked to just blame each other or the manager. So we need a leader in the team now.

11 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Our team has been terrible since McKenna left. Looks like we were pretty much a one man team at that point.

Simply can't agree with that point Tup ::)

That's not the point in the season where our failings materialised

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Simply can't agree with that point Tup ::)

That's not the point in the season where our failings materialised

The day it was announced we got gubbed 3-0 by Motherwell, the game being over after 8 minutes of comical defending.

That set the tone for the rest of this crap season. We've been rudderless ever since. We've been defending like amateurs at times and we can't score.

14 minutes ago, tup1 said:

The day it was announced we got gubbed 3-0 by Motherwell, the game being over after 8 minutes of comical defending.

That set the tone for the rest of this crap season. We've been rudderless ever since. We've been defending like amateurs at times and we can't score.

You must have been watching a different season to the rest of us. 

Our team was at its best this season after McKenna left (not because of though). One of the positive things about this season is how well our defence coped with him leaving. Our problems are blatantly further up the park than McKenna. McKenna's best attributes were his aggression and ball winning, however they were actually over and above what was required for the majority of games in the SPFL. Taylor has proven more than adequate in those areas. McKenna rarely produced any great runs forward, nor incisive passes, so those weren't missed. He's definitely the type of player that could take us a level up, but he simply wasn't a required element of a team that could finish third in the league, which is the part we've struggled with this season. McKenna would have had zero impact on our goalscoring abilities.

• Like 1

I haven't checked but I reckon the goals against column doesn't look that bad.

It was utter boredom that was the real problem and you can't blame losing McKenna for that.

Has McKenna been getting a game for (whoever he signed for)

See, I've been so bored I haven't a clue who he signed for.

Nottingham Forest ???

Stephen Glass it is then. 

Would not have been in my top 5 choices, but I am not the person who gets to decide. 

Initially thought it was very underwhelming and disappointing, Cormack's puppet if you will, but having listened to both interviews ( Glass & Cormack ) and hearing words like " Mentality " and " Driven " and statements like " Trophies in the Cabinet " then there's no denying that they at the very least, talk a good game & want what we want. 

• Like 1