Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next Manager

So who do we think will be next up. I am more sure of who I don’t want rather than who I do want. I am not keen on any of current SPFL managers for starters. Goodwin has shown some potential but not for a sustained period yet. Think it’s to early for him. Martindale falls into the same category. Agree with what someone said about Duncan Ferguson in another thread that it’s a big step up from assistant. Really hope we are not going to get lumbered with someone from the Atalanta set up to help them develop for Atlanta’s benefit. 

Not against a foreign manager who is not saddled with an inferiority complex when it comes to the Glasgow bigots. 

There's a young assistant manager at Stockport county who's been touted for big things. Probably be a bit of compensation, but in my opinion would be worth the stretch. Exactly the type of guy that could take us forward. He's interested in another job, so we'd need to act quickly.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

There's a young assistant manager at Stockport county who's been touted for big things. Probably be a bit of compensation, but in my opinion would be worth the stretch. Exactly the type of guy that could take us forward. He's interested in another job, so we'd need to act quickly.

He's on Wikipedia you know :lolabove:

49 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

He’s been scouting at Pittodrie already.

image.jpeg.7f0655b07f49b6d7ef602e661bb8c27a.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks WTR.

Saw him quoted as low as 7/1 for managers job

Looking at that he appears to have played a few times for Aberdeen. I can honestly say that I must have been living in a drug infused state at that time as I have absolutely no memory of him whatsoever.

Also says on there that he played for Scotland but I reckon thats an error and that he represented New Zealand instead ?

Perhaps Manc can confirm that ?

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

This has to be the funniest thing you'll read today.

I mean seriously, Alex Rae, Barry Ferguson, Ally McCoist and thats me just focusing on the Hun bastards.

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/aberdeen

If we have got rid of McInnes to get in anyone other than Stephen Robinson then we might as well all just give up. 

39 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Thanks WTR.

Saw him quoted as low as 7/1 for managers job

Looking at that he appears to have played a few times for Aberdeen. I can honestly say that I must have been living in a drug infused state at that time as I have absolutely no memory of him whatsoever.

Also says on there that he played for Scotland but I reckon thats an error and that he represented New Zealand instead ?

Perhaps Manc can confirm that ?

I don't think we can rely on much on that wiki link. He was a keeper, which 100% guarantees he didn't play for Scotland once never mind 13 times, and the claim that he made 16 appearances for the Dons up to 1992 has to be ropey given that he was only born in 1975. I think we'd remember a 16/17yo playing that many games.

I think whoever's quoting odds on him for the job is approaching Yerda Sellsavon territory.

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

If we have got rid of McInnes to get in anyone other than Stephen Robinson then we might as well all just give up. 

Agree, has to be Robinson. Get him in now to give the team a lift.

Nah, let’s try something different. 
A youngster with a good background and some ambition.

Darren Fletcher.

captained Man Utd. Well respected. Captained his country. Knows football. Is a winner. Good connections in the game.

let’s try something like that instead of the same old reaching out to mediocre managers within the SPl....

I know he’s not proven etc and it doesn’t always work as good players don’t always go on to be good managers but look at the job Gerrard has done at Rangers...

3 hours ago, wee toon red said:

I don't think we can rely on much on that wiki link. He was a keeper, which 100% guarantees he didn't play for Scotland once never mind 13 times, and the claim that he made 16 appearances for the Dons up to 1992 has to be ropey given that he was only born in 1975. I think we'd remember a 16/17yo playing that many games.

I think whoever's quoting odds on him for the job is approaching Yerda Sellsavon territory.

I’ve never heard of him but some are saying it’s a hoax.