Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

So it could be Ash Taylor then...... :eek:

That is mental, not forgetting his reasoning for wanting to leave, something along the lines of " Fed up finishing runner up " if I mind correctly.

You have to admit, even the most ardent Stevie May fanatics and McInnes worshippers, today has been a poor day all round concerning alleged transfer targets, because we need to remember McInnes usually likes a spanner in the works before announcing someone completely different that hadn't been mentioned, I am taking it as speculation until I see confirmation otherwise. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think that if we were cashing in on McKenna in the summer (before his price drops any lower) then McInnes would be targeting a left sided central defender (surely to God he isn't intending making Consi his first choice???)

Yet so far we are linked with Shaughnessy/Ryan Edwards/Big Gash.....all right sided ones. Now I do realise our greatest ever team featured two "righties" in the heart of it's defence, however times have moved on and most teams go for a right footer/left footer combination whenever possible. I keep coming back to this point....Devlin? Is he goosed?

A Winger has been allegedly added to the " Already signed a pre-contract, but will be announced after the Hibs Game " list. This is in addition to a CB that has already signed a pre-contract, that will also be announced after the Hibs game.

First of all, I have no idea why we need to wait until after the Hibs game, is it maybe because they are from teams in our league? The general consensus is that the CB is Shaughnessy & the winger could possibly be Chris Cadden. Although I have also seen that it could be Brandon Barker or Sam Nicholson.

In any case, this source is excellent, many of you will probably know who it is, very prominent supporter who has been right every time they have mentioned a name, but in the interest of privacy, they don't want to be outed on here, so it's only fair that I don't mention them. We will have to wait and see, but if they are right, it'll be mentioned shortly after Hibs, so it's not too long a wait to be fair.

P.S, they also confirmed that " As far as they're aware, we have indeed spoken to Ash Taylor, but nothing has been signed etc... "

Nicholson was the winger I heard. But I won't go all in with that one just yet till I hear it from a far more reliable source.

Centre half I have no info on.

Could it possibly be they intend showing off the new signings wearing next season's strip as a launch?

By the same token, why the hell haven't sevco announced Stewart on this pre-contract that the west coast meedja assured us was happening? oh hang on, maybe they thought if they did so we would automatically stop selecting him till he left? And improved our performances/results by doing so......

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Might be in the minority here but I would be quite happy to see big Ash back.  We could do (and have done many times) much worse than him.  Yes, he had the odd ricket but you could say the same about any centre half and he was also very useful in the opposing penalty box.

I see Liverpool are now being linked with Ryan Fraser. It looks like we could get a good wedge if a bidding war starts. Hopefully we reinvest a decent chunk of it.

At the prices rumoured, we stand to gain something between £4-6million. At best DM will get a million of it with the rest going straight into the Kingsford pot. And rightly so.

see hibs have let a few players gael birmithingmy any good?

I used to think he looked quite solid (if a little bit of a headless chicken), but Motherwell weren't affected by his departure and 60 minutes for Hibs since January suggests he might be pish.

Was Gauld injured or just pap? Also, Omeonga would be a good loanee and McNulty would be an (unlikely) excellent steal.

Gauld was injured  towards the end but was totally root in the games he played when first joining up. The boy Omyeonga(sp) looked a million times better in the games he played. Don't think we should be going there.

Agree McNulty would be a fantastic acquisition and probably fairly cheap but I guess Hibs would be favourites.