Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

On the EE site that we are interested in Wilson, just made up reporting during the quiet season or a genuine story?

I'll go against the grain here and say I would gamble on him, IF we could get him on a decent wage, highly unlikely, but he may be open to using us a stepping stone to get his career back on track.

Talent wise he is possibly head and shoulders above any other player we currently have, but whether we can get the talent out on the pitch every week is another matter, but would take him over Main everyday of the week.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure they're just taking a flyer on it. Reported in the Retard earlier, probably stole story off of them. Back in February they had Shinnie off to sevco…….Retard have form for taking punts on any old shyte.

FWIW I think he's just too inconsistent to take a punt on. He will certainly have to take a huge drop on the £30k/week wherever he ends up but I'm absolutely certain that an EFL1 side will offer him a higher wage than we can in order to make him their marquee signing. He'd demand to be our best paid player....and if he had another season or three under contract to us like the one he's just had then it'd be a lot of cash thrown down the shitter.

On our budget we need proven quality. We wasted enough recently on Tansey, Forrester, Gleeson......and Wilson

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

^^^^^^

This, got to agree.  Cannot see what the attraction would be in signing Wilson on a permanent deal.  He played 29 games last season, starting just 12 and playing the 90 mins only 5 times, scoring a paltry 4 goals.  I can literally only remember him having 3 good games in a Dons shirt.  Surely we could do much better for far less cash.

I would much rather that we took a punt on a hungry youngster from one of Scotland's lower divisions.  Wilson is washed up and heading for the scrap heap. 

^^^^^^

This, got to agree.  Cannot see what the attraction would be in signing Wilson on a permanent deal.  He played 29 games last season, starting just 12 and playing the 90 mins only 5 times, scoring a paltry 4 goals.  I can literally only remember him having 3 good games in a Dons shirt.  Surely we could do much better for far less cash.

I would much rather that we took a punt on a hungry youngster from one of Scotland's lower divisions.  Wilson is washed up and heading for the scrap heap.

Your second last sentence is the key one for me. We paid for Lewis Ferguson and found a solid player there, this is the type of signing I'd really like to see every single year. Add to that, every year I'd like to see players like McKenna given a chance, Anderson, Campbell, and McLennan this season. Tired of the league 1 and 2 shit, youth plus signing the best youth in the country should be an absolute priority.

Departures confirmed, no real surprises as it is mostly loans.

OUT - Greg Stewart, James Wilson, Dom Ball, Greg Halford, Max Lowe and a few youth players, David Craddock, Morgan Brown, Ryan Harrington. Add to that Shinnie & Reynolds who have signed elsewhere.

Think we will see 2 of those loanees return.

Ross's crime was to come on v. Sevco and score a "worldie", as that old drunk Merson likes to say.

Then, cos he had no option, McInnes started him the next game at Dens.

And subbed him off at HT, the worst professional insult any footballer could get.

Particularly as he wasn't having a bad game. The whole team were shite that day.

He has never been seen since.

Despite our manager being so twisted against young prospects, the AFC fans chant his name.

They must be stupid, or know fuck all about fitba, probably both.

He played a few games in the early season (St Mirren in the cup springs to mind) and I think may have even scored? Anyway, he got injured and hasn't returned. I suspect that's why the 1 year has been given as he missed a huge amount of the season and we'd like to give him a chance, which seems fair. I'm not convinced he'll make it, I didn't think he had the pace to play out wide and not the strength to play centrally, but hope I'm wrong.

Interesting that GMS isn't in the list of departures. Could see him back in a dons strip next season? Could do a lot worse like, fantastic player on his day.

He played a few games in the early season (St Mirren in the cup springs to mind) and I think may have even scored? Anyway, he got injured and hasn't returned. I suspect that's why the 1 year has been given as he missed a huge amount of the season and we'd like to give him a chance, which seems fair. I'm not convinced he'll make it, I didn't think he had the pace to play out wide and not the strength to play centrally, but hope I'm wrong.

Interesting that GMS isn't in the list of departures. Could see him back in a dons strip next season? Could do a lot worse like, fantastic player on his day.

His RedTV interview before / after (can't remember which) the last game of the season seemed far from confirming his exit

I see Frank Ross as more a central attacking midfielder than a winger, but hard to tell if he can make it based on the game time he has had to date, possibly not helped by injury.

If GMS is staying we need to ensure he is fit to play football, he was out for a hell of a long time last season. On his day a great player to have, but on other days worse than a man short.

If GMS is staying we need to ensure he is fit to play football, he was out for a hell of a long time last season. On his day a great player to have, but on other days worse than a man short.

McInnes doesn't seem to mind such scenarios. He signed (twice) and regularly selected Greg Stewart after all

Would also imagine that staff and players will all be away abroad on holiday etc...

Last I heard was that we have, as it stands right now, signed 3 players on a pre-contract, a Centre Back, Winger & a Striker.

I hope we'll have more clarity next week at some stage. The players will be back training in the not to distant future I would imagine, given we are in Europe.