Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if getting him on board would kill any move for Dom Ball stone dead. With Ball having been on Championship level wages at Rotherham, he's likely going to want at least equivalent which would instantly plonk him right in with our top earners.

Gorrin would be significantly cheaper. Better though? Not entirely convinced. Have absolutely no recollection of him playing at all, though quite obviously he did regularly in second half of the season.

Welcome to Aberdeen FC, Ryan.

None of us know what we're getting here, but he's done enough to earn 3 caps for Wales, and played some part in helping Barnsley win promotion to the Championship. Only 23 years old also, so not the finished article, could be a coup, or could be a Forrester, time will tell, but it's a positive bit of news on a personally dreary day.

Who's next I wonder.....

Ooft,Hopefully working alongside one of McKenna,or a fit focussed Devlin will keep him in line.,and a lot will depend how the crowd take to him.Ach well,welcome back min  :wave:

Think you & I went to a home game vs Hamilton, big Ash scored a cracking header and in general, bossed the game, he was playing sublime passes also, and yes, I appreciate the opposition wasn't great, but if he could recapture that he'd be a fine player. The only downside is though, he had more hairy moments than most, but I'll back him, he's our player again, it's done, we move on. 

Think you & I went to a home game vs Hamilton, big Ash scored a cracking header and in general, bossed the game, he was playing sublime passes also, and yes, I appreciate the opposition wasn't great, but if he could recapture that he'd be a fine player. The only downside is though, he had more hairy moments than most, but I'll back him, he's our player again, it's done, we move on.

McKenna and Devlin are an upgrade on his partner last time(Considine?),so can only hope that ups his game.Must admit,at the time,even with mistakes,he did give us a required presence at the back,and you could see a player in there if he ironed out/anticipated errors from previous mistakes,or at least if he's too thick,someone to point out what he's doing wrong.Cant be that hard..

ps the last game i remember us being at,was it Utd? Thing I remember about it was we both agreed the crowd was around 13'000,but it was reported as 17'000.  :o 

the fact he left for northampton and has been let go tells you all you need to know

I suspect that's more a cost cutting measure rather than a direct slight on Gash's ability. Northampton thought they'd bounce straight back up after relegation. That they didn't alters their financial plan significantly.

What concerns me is I just can't see him signing for anyone at this stage of his career to play back up to anyone. If McKenna is away then I suppose he could be paired with Devlin but the majority of clubs now prefer a left footer/right footer centre back combination as their first choice pairing these days. If McKenna isn't away...can Devlin keep Taylor out???

Says a lot of our scouting or lack of. Happy to give Hedges a chance but I'm never a fan of players returning to a club. While different, he's another Considine, good moments and goals canceled out by the fuck ups that cost us goals and games. Booo!

rose , halkett , guy hibs have signed , would they have been better ??

I liked the look of Halkett, he's also relatively young and caused problems for opposition defenders at set pieces, whilst nodding in a few himself. He also looked mobile for a big unit, I'd have preferred us to pursue that type of signing as well, but maybe Hearts beat us to it, or maybe we were after him as well and he chose Hearts, who knows.

I can see it being a Taylor - Considine partnership this coming season, I reckon we'll see Devlin papped to the bench, only returning if Taylor flops, or to cover injury/suspension. McInnes trusts Considine, he now hopefully recognises he's NOT a Left Back now, whilst doing an admirable job there for several seasons, he's definitely beyond it now, again, barring injury/suspension cover. McKenna will go this window, to the highest bidder, so that really leaves the Left Back spot, if we can get Lowe back, then superb, if not, we'll have another player from a similar Club lined up for a loan.

The whole back 3 thing has been an utter fucking bombscare, and I don't think it has actually worked any time we've deployed it, so again, hopefully McInnes recognises this and isn't tempted.

Says a lot of our scouting or lack of. Happy to give Hedges a chance but I'm never a fan of players returning to a club.

That's a bit of a stupidly general rule. The fact that Taylor returning isn't the issue, it's the fact that we know he's not that good.

While different, he's another Considine, good moments and goals canceled out by the fuck ups that cost us goals and games. Booo!

Considine is miles better than Ash with the ball at his feet. Devlin too, for that matter. That's the issue. With one right sided defender who is poor on the ball (Devlin), we needed a player who is far more comfortable on the ball than Taylor (Hoban-type). Devlin and Taylor are both uncomfortable on their strong foot, so to consider a partnership of the two of them with one playing on their wrong side is seriously playing to our weaknesses. I can only assume McKenna is staying and so Considine and him will cover left, and Taylor and Devlin right with little need for cross over.