Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As are Hivs. And of course the Retard have linked him with sevco as they now seem to do all our targets....let's face it sevco haven't got enough midfielders...………………………..

And I hope to f@ck someone else gets him. Massively overrated. Couldn't get into a Sunderland side that was unable to get out EFL1 and on £8k/week. Can't see Sunderland paying up his contract but if they want to ship him out on loan they'd need to stump up minimum 50% of that....if it were to a Scottish club more likely 75%.

Have seen others say he'd be an upgrade on Gleeson. Maybe marginally....more mobile certainly  but as I say....I hope he goes elsewhere. If we are to sign a Hivs target then please let it be McNulty

Think McNulty is signing for Coventry Ten Caat.

Side note, the winger allegedly already signed a pre-contract is Ryan Hedges.

I know absolutely nothing about him. A quick look on Wikipedia though, He's been capped 3 times for Wales since 2017 and more recently played 50+ games for Barnsley, scoring twice. He's 6ft 1" though, pretty tall for a winger.

Peter O'Rourke now reporting that we have agreed a deal to sign Hedges. This is a snippet from the Daily Record though.

Aberdeen have agreed a deal to sign Barnsley winger Ryan Hedges - according to a report.

The 23-year-old was a vital member of a Tykes side which earned promotion to the Championship last season.

The Wales international is available on a free after deciding against extending his stay in Yorkshire and is currently undergoing a medical with the Dons, claim Football Insider.

Hedges has earned three caps for his country since Ryan Giggs took charge.

It could be a double boost for Aberdeen with New York City unlikely to make a move for Gary Mackay-Steven after .a change of formation.

Apparently undertaking a Medical, or is due to undertake a medical.

Sad reflection on how far Scottish football has fallen that Barnsley are even mentioned in the same breath as us. 30 years ago every single Barnsley player would have crawled all the way up with 2 broken legs to sign for us.

Anyway welcome aboard loon. Not sure if this confirms GMS has had the stay/go decision taken out of his hands by the club?

Notice a few Barnsley fans saying he's often injured.....aye DM does like a loon that's well acquainted with the A+E department.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

That's nonsense. I can't think of ONE poster on here who "harps back to the 80's and is unwilling to let go of the past".

Mate who is a Barnsley fan described Hedges as “not a bad player, wasn’t a regular starter for us but good impact sub”. Played for Wales in recent friendly against Trinidad which I watched and cannot say that I remember him from it but he was apparently man of the match.

Bit of confusion with the 'not a regular starter',along with the 'pivotal' player comments.Had a look and he played 25 times last season.Cant find the sub appearances but he averaged around 35mins a game going by stats.

17 off the bench according to p and j

Bit of confusion with the 'not a regular starter',along with the 'pivotal' player comments.Had a look and he played 25 times last season.Cant find the sub appearances but he averaged around 35mins a game going by stats.

17 off the bench according to p and j

Soccerbase website has him playing 59 times since joining Barnsley in January 2017. 41 of those from the bench.

There's a lot of potential in yer wingers fae down South like, so it's an interesting signing if it happens. It's entirely different down there if yer a McGinn style winger and those types often struggle to fit in due to the more physical approach. That said, if we're looking at Main and the like then he'll struggle to fit into that more direct approach too. The biggest concern is that, at 6ft1, he's going to be nowhere near tall enough to keep an Ash Taylor pass from going out of play.

guess this might be someone with potential or maybe thats the filter russ richardson has on his fm database.. lets hope its not a forrester mark 2

A Forrester mk2 should see the entire management and scouting teams binned.

Overall fan reaction to this one seems to be "meh". That he is a full Wales cap has to be to his advantage though....they'd destroy Scotland at the minute. Although if there are and Welsh versions of Donsdaft tuning in....he's English by birth

I though Simon Church did a job for us at the time we needed cover for Rooney.

6vgoals in 13 games was nae a bad return.

I agree min, thought some of the criticism directed his way was a tad OTT.

We've certainly had a lot worse than him playing up front in years gone by.