Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sam roscoe just signed for ayr, would he have not been better all round option v gash ?

Did not even know we had released him. Thought he always looked decent when I saw him for U20s and he was getting rave reviews for Alloa before he got injured.

Stewart confirmed as signing for sevco. Bizarre signing for them, but at least hes not coming here.

There is a player in Greg Stewart, he's shown previously ( Dundee, earned a move to Engerland ) , and more recently ( Killie ), that there's a player in him, he was shite for us, and for me personally, that was due to our manager not utilising him correctly.

Having said that, he had 2 opportunities here, and given his performances whilst here, we certainly won't miss him and I am sure almost everyone will agree that they're glad he's not here ( Although allegedly McInnes pursued him up until a few days ago ) based on his time here. Will he cut at the Hun reprobates? Personally, I don't think he will.

And more importantly...no gain to sevco.

Just cannot see him being anything other than a bit part player. He would probably do fairly well coming off the bench with half an hour to go and sevco already 2 or 3 up but just cannot envisage him ever being a starter. And I reckon he will be punted out on loan if not in January then certainly this time next year.

From the BBC Gossip column:

Aberdeen have beaten Hibernian and Rangers to the signing of Queen's Park striker Michael Ruth, 17. (Sun)

Bournemouth's Scotland winger Ryan Fraser, 25, has hinted he will stay at the club for another year despite interest from Arsenal. (Mirror)

Hope someone pushes the boat out to get Fraser, If he was English he would have been a 50m player.

If true, hope  the boy Ruth follows the same path as Andy Robertson.

Pretty certain Fraser will leave this summer, it’s very early and all gossip for now. If a bigger fish than Bournemouth come along offering a much improved wage, plus possibly European football, he will surely move on. Once the transfer dominos start falling the offers will come in.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Stewart confirmed as signing for sevco. Bizarre signing for them, but at least hes not coming here.

Stewart surely now deserves a mention on the "who's the luckiest footballer" thread.  He clearly never set the world alight in his 21 games for Birmingham and was garbage for most of his 45 games for us.  His good spell for Kilmarnock was only for 16 games yet he gets the chance to turn down the opportunity to stay at Pittodrie to earn more (I would guess) in Glasgow. 

Stewart surely now deserves a mention on the "who's the luckiest footballer" thread.  He clearly never set the world alight in his 21 games for Birmingham and was garbage for most of his 45 games for us.  His good spell for Kilmarnock was only for 16 games yet he gets the chance to turn down the opportunity to stay at Pittodrie to earn more (I would guess) in Glasgow.

Only reason I can come up with for sevco signing him is purely to deny us of his services. And for that we should be eternally grateful. He'll tan them for about £8k/week with absolutely zero return for the layout.

Enjoyed the occasional bits of magic,but an icing on the cake type player suited to an already confident team,ie not us.

oh for a Johnny Hayes....

No real surprise with GMS leaving, despite having some great skills we shouldn't be overly worried about losing him. It would appear he is moving closer to Stuart Armstrong once again with him plying his trade a short distance along the coast.

Seems a strange club to join though, I know they are a big enough club, but would say it is a backward move for him.

Cannot see GMS being suited to play at that level. League 1 is a pretty physical league and cannot see him being able to cope with that. Portsmouth are a route one team as well. Can see him being up the road by Christmas.

GMS can move on. No loss there, very inconsistent, I’m sure was one of our higher earners too. I’d rather we tried to develop McLennan and whichever Ross is the winger! I still think we are a winger short though, I think McGinn is past it and will spend as much time in the treatment room. Hedges on one wing, Signing on the other and the young boys pushing them. I say McGinn moves in centrally to the #10 position.