Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

Cannot see GMS being suited to play at that level. League 1 is a pretty physical league and cannot see him being able to cope with that. Portsmouth are a route one team as well. Can see him being up the road by Christmas.

This. He's going to get absolutely battered in League 1. I doubt he'll play more than a handful of games there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GMS can move on. No loss there, very inconsistent, I’m sure was one of our higher earners too. I’d rather we tried to develop McLennan and whichever Ross is the winger! I still think we are a winger short though, I think McGinn is past it and will spend as much time in the treatment room. Hedges on one wing, Signing on the other and the young boys pushing them. I say McGinn moves in centrally to the #10 position.

Ethan Ross looks like a player. I'm not convinced by McLennan or Frank Ross. I don't think either will make it anywhere near the level of GMS on his day. McLennan is a good squad player, but until he learns the art of not falling over the ball he'll get nowhere. I disagree about McGinn, he had a couple of games where he showed flashes of his previous self (that goal against Motherwell) and I think he still has the ability to do something that no other player in our squad can. He's young enough that fitness shouldn't be an issue and he's never really been lightening quick so his dropping of a shoulder will be enough to get him past a lot of defenders still.

Reading positive comments about Bryson but don’t know much about him. Anyone care to provide some info? He’s 33 in November so I assume he’s past his prime, but Barry Robson did a job for us late on, as did Hartley pre injury, plus he’s a similar age to Mulumbu who has done a job at Killie. My initial response was so so, keen to hear a little more, plus on reading more the Derby fans speak very highly of him and many sad to see him go.

Miko Virtanen signs two year contract extension.

Don't know much about this lad.

Is he likely to feature on the bench this coming season ?

Has impressed every time I have seen him for reserves (or whatever we are calling them now) and made the bench a few times last season.

Excellent news on both fronts. Bryson is definitely more like the signing we were all hoping to see. It says pre-contract. When does he actually join us? Given our first qualifier is 3 weeks away, I'm hoping it's July?

I would imagine his deal ends June 30th, hence the pre contract. :dunno:

Used to be good. Assume he still is. Good work dons. Let's get Gleeson out the door now.

You're hopeful. Fwiw I cant see anyone wanting him except maybe back in Ireland but we would need to cover 75% of his wages for that to happen. He's not a bad player just slow and with stamina difficulties but when we are needing to sit on a slim lead with 30 minutes to go he's a decent bench option to shore up the midfield. For that alone I think we will keep him for the last year of his contract'

Bryson I think will stroll it up here....great signing and if there are fitness doubts about Devlin then I think he might even be made captain. Hibs and Hearts forums in a bit of a meltdown over too as an extra bonus  :laughing:

Bryson should be a decent addition to the squad/team and may be in with a shout to be our captain, all being good he should help with the development of Ferguson also.  Regarding Gleeson I can see him staying as a back up since it looks as though Ball is not coming back. Not saying it is right to keep him, but I doubt anyone would want him and our squad is thin enough. There may even be a chance he improves with us next season, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Hopefully see a couple more quality signings in the coming weeks.

You're hopeful. Fwiw I cant see anyone wanting him except maybe back in Ireland but we would need to cover 75% of his wages for that to happen. He's not a bad player just slow and with stamina difficulties but when we are needing to sit on a slim lead with 30 minutes to go he's a decent bench option to shore up the midfield. For that alone I think we will keep him for the last year of his contract'

Bryson I think will stroll it up here....great signing and if there are fitness doubts about Devlin then I think he might even be made captain. Hibs and Hearts forums in a bit of a meltdown over too as an extra bonus  :laughing:

" Bryson will be decent, but really only like for like for Shinnie. Looks like a downgrade actually if you think that Derby have taken Shinnie and sheep have Bryson in return. Clearly Derby think Shinnie is better. "

Probably my favourite comment. I always enjoy a good laugh at the expense of rival supporters, as I am sure they do to, no doubt, but that there, is grade A fuckwittery. Sad that only a handful of fans from both sites, and actually TC, have a look at Killie's as well, they are seething, are able to be objective. This is a very good signing for us, he started 20+ games last season and they offered him a new contract, each and every supporter from Hibs, Hearts & Killie would have been over the moon with Bryson's addition.  Fuck them.

Anyway, still expecting at least another one in before the Europa League games start, hoping it's a Left Back.