Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

Pleased with Bryson. If the above is true also, probably only leaves us a goal-scorer and a left back short going into the euro qualifiers.

Can't disagree with that, but I guess it is a big IF.

Certainly hearing that the next one is a midfielder also

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased with Bryson. If the above is true also, probably only leaves us a goal-scorer and a left back short going into the euro qualifiers.

We definitely need another midfielder. I'd be happy for us to have Considine at left back for the first two rounds of qualifying if there's a chance of getting Lowe back. I think it's a very important position for us and we should take the time to get it right. Considine is fine there as cover for now, but the last thing we need is a player no better than Considine filling that role because we get the first available player. Lowe would be fantastic if we could get him for another year or even as a permanent signing (which I doubt). We saw in the games against the Tims at christmas time and other games when Lowe was missing what a very good left back can bring over and above an average one. There's no point in getting in an average one basically.

Any Clark Robertson rumours on the go? Just saw him coming out of Marischal College with a very pregnant woman who I assume is his spouse. He's a local loon isn't he? So he could just be visiting. Hun.

Hopefully just going the Oor Wullie Bucket Trail.

Any Clark Robertson rumours on the go? Just saw him coming out of Marischal College with a very pregnant woman who I assume is his spouse. He's a local loon isn't he? So he could just be visiting. Hun.

According to soccerbase he is still contracted to Rotherham for another 2 years. Did not realise he is still only 25.

According to soccerbase he is still contracted to Rotherham for another 2 years. Did not realise he is still only 25.

25? Fuck me, according to Wiki it was back in 2009 that he made his debut for us.

Still hopeful of adding 2 more before the Europe Registration Deadline. GMS may still sign but he's definitely speaking to a few other clubs, although the New York offer is dead. Only mentions that Left Back is the main position trying to fill now, but wants to add more throughout the squad. I missed the bastard, getting the buzz now for the season starting.

GMS may still sign but he's definitely speaking to a few other clubs, although the New York offer is dead.

Was it on here or on twitter over the weekend that he'd offered to sign a one year extension and had been told to jog on. So would imagine the offer he's had from the other club is not more than we have offered and is holding on in case another comes in for him.

I know some on here are ambivalent on gms but I really hope he stays.  I don't blame the guy for assessing his options 2bh, at 28 this is his last chance at a decent move.

Exactly. It might be quite good for the dons PR to have the first player to come out whilst playing in the SPL too.

Still hopeful of adding 2 more before the Europe Registration Deadline. GMS may still sign but he's definitely speaking to a few other clubs, although the New York offer is dead. Only mentions that Left Back is the main position trying to fill now, but wants to add more throughout the squad. I missed the bastard, getting the buzz now for the season starting.

GMS having a New York medical today according to sky.

Its just frustrating how long its dragged on. I understand keeping your options open, but he must have seen whats on the table for a while now. It seems like he has been looking for a way out as if he really intended to stay he would have signed by now.

He is a talented player but he has been hot and cold during his time with us. I have a feeling we are better with him but I doubt he will move on to anything better as I think we have been good for him. I could see him fading into obscurity on a bench in England. If he goes to the states he will probably do ok and I cant begrudge him wanting to try something different.

In talks with James Wilson allegedly.

Not seeing any directly attributable quotes so could very possibly be lazy journalism.

Bit "meh" about this one to be honest.

Looked good in post split fixtures but why did it take him so long to show that.

Maybe if the penny has dropped that he is going to have to work hard to relaunch his career then it might just work for both parties porvided we aren't going to break the wage structure on him

With the caveat of my not knowing what other strikers might be available, I’d be reasonably happy to have Wilson back. He’s a very different player to Main, Cosgrove and May, much more pacy and probably more likely to pull a rabbit out the hat than any of them.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Bruce Anderson this year if/when we do sign another striker.