Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer Transfer chat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louis Moult is back on the rumour mill ( or has he never gone away ). With Alexander McQueen as full back and Moult as striker second place is up for grabs.  :thumbsup:

Apparently McInnes was watching Burnley's 3-2 friendly win at Preston on Monday night with Moult getting the last 25 minutes as a sub.   

Apparently McInnes was watching Burnley's 3-2 friendly win at Preston on Monday night with Moult getting the last 25 minutes as a sub. 

Would be great if we pulled that one off. Having a proper striker against you will certainly give us a fighting chance.  Pleased Wood is still injured  ;)

Would be great if we pulled that one off. Having a proper striker against you will certainly give us a fighting chance.  Pleased Wood is still injured  ;)

One of the English boys reminded me the English window closes August 9 before the premiership starts. Is this the case for all of England? And Scotland? Would certainly help finishing business earlier than the end of the month.

Louis Moult is back on the rumour mill ( or has he never gone away ). With Alexander McQueen as full back and Moult as striker second place is up for grabs.  :thumbsup:

From what I’ve read McQueen is a speedy full back who can play on the right or left. Is the boy’s any good that would certainly help put a bit of pressure on Logan and Considine. Although having seen Gleeson Forrester and Hamilton I can see Shinnie at the back a little more often. Although someone posted DM has denied any interest??

Wish we’d take whatever Rooney money, the remaining transfer money, and whatever necessary DNA money and just go on and get Moult. The boy can play and we’ve fannied around far too much in the striking department, and its cost us. Definitely worth it, sends a positive message to the fans, and we have a forward that would actually worry opponents.

One of the English boys reminded me the English window closes August 9 before the premiership starts. Is this the case for all of England? And Scotland? Would certainly help finishing business earlier than the end of the month.

Scottish window shuts on 31st August.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2971628/aberdeen-eoin-doyle-louis-moult/

Let's stop this messing about and get Moult here on loan.  :thumbsup:

Moult has number 9 shirt this season and has been involved in every preseason game including starting on Saturday. Would be very surprised if they are going to loan him out and there has been nothing in local press there to suggest Moult is anything other than part of their squad.

I think I read it correctly, another Shankland hat trick today? According to Wikipedia he’s scores 26 goals in 30 games for Ayr. Maybe he found his level or maybe he had the ability and was just never given a chance?

Found his level imo. Wasnt convinced by him at all.

Tam MacManus would dispute that and he slated him as nowhere near good enough fir the top flight last year.  He was singing his praises this evening though.  Says he's lost weight and was looking really good up front, more than capable of top.flight football.

Tam MacManus would dispute that and he slated him as nowhere near good enough fir the top flight last year.  He was singing his praises this evening though.  Says he's lost weight and was looking really good up front, more than capable of top.flight football.

Yeah I saw that. At the time, I don't think we could really afford to have him wasting away on our bench and he wasn't anywhere near ready.  He needed that move.  That said, i'm not sure he'd have been any worse than Ghost mk.2 (Maynard)

Don’t think Shankland ever got a chance at Dons. Of his 17 appearances only 2 were starts and he only got a hour. Rest of his appearances were as sub where he only got a couple of miniutes here and there. McInnes clearly didn’t rate him so move was probably best all round.

Don’t think Shankland ever got a chance at Dons. Of his 17 appearances only 2 were starts and he only got a hour. Rest of his appearances were as sub where he only got a couple of miniutes here and there. McInnes clearly didn’t rate him so move was probably best all round.

That McInnes didn't rate him means fuck all. I don't rate McInnes.

Agreed. Difficult as a youngster to spend most of your time on the subs bench getting five or ten minutes at the end of the game and expected to change the outcome.

I reckon Shankland will probably end up playing in the SPL but it'll be with a St Johnstone/Dundee/Kilmarnock or the likes.

Agreed. Difficult as a youngster to spend most of your time on the subs bench getting five or ten minutes at the end of the game and expected to change the outcome.

I reckon Shankland will probably end up playing in the SPL but it'll be with a St Johnstone/Dundee/Kilmarnock or the likes.

You are probably correct he will end up at one of the bottom 4 or 5 clubs. However I think he will also be found out as not up to the required standard there too and be bombed out within 12 months back to a mid level Championship side.