Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours on twitter that we're after a Carlisle striker called Sam Cosgrove. Not sure how reliable the source is though or much about Cosgrove's credentials.

A 6'2'' striker who has scored one goal in his professional career. Why not just keep Stockley? We have May, Rooney, Maynard, Stewart, and McGinn, all who can play up top (although that's an assumption with Maynard.) How about we play tactics that suit them instead of wasting money on a big loon to punt long balls to?

We brought in a centre back, centre mid and resigned one of our top players of the last few years. If that's a poor window then you've got some pretty high standards chief.

Do I though? I think there are glaring issues in the current team that means we're going to have a massive summer ahead of us again.  The more we do now, the better. Not trying to be negative but there are areas that just have never been replaced.

Centre half I am out on, if he stays fit then it will be a great move and good to see thinking ahead.

Midfielder - a loan, I'd have liked to have seen a player to replace Shinnie in the middle (then another in the summer).  Retaining KM was a massive boost though.

I know Jan is a bad time to recruit, but we're at risk not finishing second.  I'd like us to finish second and hopefully get a cup win.

So has there been any further chatter on incomings?  Really has been a poor window. I'm expecting the last minute crocked nobody to sign tonight.

Obviously on the back of the Lewis news, we'll need a competent back up / competition for Rogers.  Had hoped we'd see a centre mid come in.

Resigned McGinn for nothing, Man City player on loan, Devlin in for peanuts and giving him time to get to know the club whilst completing his injury rehab. Probable goalkeeper in tomorrow on loan and perhaps a surprise signing (McGeouch on a pre contract/in immediately for a nominal fee??). I'd say it was as good a window as any over the past 10 years...

Resigned McGinn for nothing, Man City player on loan, Devlin in for peanuts and giving him time to get to know the club whilst completing his injury rehab. Probable goalkeeper in tomorrow on loan and perhaps a surprise signing (McGeouch on a pre contract/in immediately for a nominal fee??). I'd say it was as good a window as any over the past 10 years...

Ah true, I guess I’d forgotten about mcginn because he’d barely gone! Need to finish the season strongly. I’d like to hope that if it is mcgeouch we sign, it’s now. Put shinnie back where he belongs.

Ah true, I guess I’d forgotten about mcginn because he’d barely gone! Need to finish the season strongly. I’d like to hope that if it is mcgeouch we sign, it’s now. Put shinnie back where he belongs.

If we want McGeough I’d say the time is now too. I think we got it right with Devlin, once healthy he may have priced himself out of a move to us. McGeough is still somewhat unknown, a strong second half of the season and he may get a move to the championship. Push now with the sell of cup finals and Europe, plus the excitement of the new stadium and training facilities, he may just bite.

looka like we are signing the shite jayden stockley

To be honest, it was blatantly obvious against the hun that we needed another option up front. It's also blatantly obvious that it isn't Maynard. When you looked to the bench you could see the dearth of options and it was the weakest area on the pitch in terms of starting 11 and options. If we don't get a striker in this window and May doesn't regain - and retain - fitness then we'll really struggle to finish second.

We don't even need a striker that scores goals, just an option up front that can bring other into play and retain the ball for more than 3 seconds. It's blatantly obvious that Rooney isn't that option, and it's obvious that McInnes sees that too, given he started Stockley every time we played the hun or tim last season.

He might turn out to be pish, but we absolutely need to do something in this window and I expect there is little available. We obviously need to ditch Maynard ASAP too.

The can be only two explanations;

1) They want Maynard and have offered this guy in exchange, he's on minimum wage, so McInnes is looking to use him as a ball boy and use the difference in wages to fund someone else.

2) He's an agent makeweight in another deal.

or I suppose the obvious third, the rumour is utter horse shit.

Lee Ryder, a journalist, says we have a deal agreed for Newcastle keeper Freddie Woodman.

Newcastle just have to finalize a deal for another keeper and Woodman will join us for the rest of the season apparently.

Understand the necessity to have two keepers on our books that are capable of playing first team football, but not really sure what this means for Rogers. Is Woodman coming in as back up for Rogers or is Rogers going to revert back to being number two. If the latter then pretty much confirms that Rogers will be away in the summer and is a real slap in the face for him having waited patiently to get his chance.

Personally thought that he did ok on Saturday.

Had a look at Carlisle forum regarding Cosgrove and migh b looking in wrong places but didn't find anyone claiming astonishment tha e'd be looking at him as one for the future.

Anyway, things will be a lot clearer later on today ;)

Had a look at Carlisle forum regarding Cosgrove and migh b looking in wrong places but didn't find anyone claiming astonishment tha e'd be looking at him as one for the future.

Anyway, things will be a lot clearer later on today ;)

Hopefully a lot clearer than your second last sentence. :thumbsup:

You missed an opportunity there Al.

When a post contains only two sentences, him writing first rather than second last would've been clearer.

It didn't though, I just chose to quote only the last two. I'd never make such a rudimentary error. In fact, I can safely say that I've written some of the most error-free posts in the history of the internet. The greatest posts too. With the most views.

It didn't though, I just chose to quote only the last two. I'd never make such a rudimentary error. In fact, I can safely say that I've written some of the most error-free posts in the history of the internet. The greatest posts too. With the most views.

Doh. My bad. Only saw your quote. I often make rudimentary errors. In fact, I can safely say that I've written some of the most error-strewn posts in the history of the internet. The worst posts too. With the least views.  :thumbsup:

Doh. My bad. Only saw your quote. I often make rudimentary errors. In fact, I can safely say that I've written some of the most error-strewn posts in the history of the internet. The worst posts too. With the least views.  :thumbsup:

Just about fell into that trap also Rocket :thumbsup: