Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Greg Tansey - signed

Not much enthusiasm from me on this one. He's 28, it's not like he's got lots of years of improvement ahead of him and he's rarely looked better than average for ICT any time I've seen them play.

He wouldn't be good enough to get a start in our current squad, so if he's being signed as a first choice midfielder for next season, it doesn't bode too well. Our rivals will be strengthening their squads, we need to too.

Naturally I hope I'm wrong and will give him every chance, etc, etc.

Hopefully not a replacement for Jack but seems to be a good addition to the squad based on the reaction of my Caley supporting mate.

Good to see McInnes getting his business done early and quietly!  :thumbsup:

Now to get Jack & McGinn  tied up *fingers crossed*

McGinn is offski

This has to be a replacement for Jack I reckon. Similar type of player. I'd argue that Tansey is not in the same league, but then I don't see him regularly and only for a shite ICT team. He's scored plenty against us too.

Welcome aboard loon. I haven't been this excited about a signing since Paul Quinn.

Agree that this is going to be Jack's replacement.

We should see better set piece delivery as a bonus

But meh

Have a nasty feeling Jack may shortly be unveiled as the Portuguese bullfighting poofters first pre contract signing for sevco  :frown:

But meh

Have a nasty feeling Jack may shortly be unveiled as the Portuguese bullfighting poofters first pre contract signing for sevco  :frown:

Fucking hell Theo. That's cheered me right up. :(

Welcome aboard! Don't get to see Caley play but he's one we hear quite a bit about and he's got a goal in him. We're lightweight in center mid, hope he's not the only midfielder we sign. Either keep Jack too or, ideally, sign a true and proper holding mid.

But meh

Had that horrible feeling recently too, hopefully we're both wrong  :-\

He's a good player at a good age.  He's no glamour signing but he's still a very good one.  ICT fans I spoke to today feel very much with Tansey as we do with McGinn. I.e. he has more than earned his shot at a bigger stage.  Usual Aberdeen Caledonian Thistle comments have followed but the fact that these came second says a lot about their rating of him.  Tansey will do very well for us I'm sure.

• 5 months later...