Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defo serious issues with what Aberdeen FC are offering players. Doesn't bode well for the future stability of the team.

Pray share your inside knowledge of terms offered to signings.

If you choose not to I will presume you have no such knowledge and your comments are without foundation

Well, the players at Aberdeen are on £1k-£3k a week.  That is the pay scale on basic terms.

In addition, they generally offer 2-year contracts.

This year Pawlett, McGinn, Jack, Hayes, Taylor have left in such of 'more money'.  McGinn, in particular, turned down the money offered by the club as he wants more money elsewhere and can probably get it.

Jack got £8k a week at Rangers.

More money is offered at clubs in the English Championship and also at the higher end of League 1.

That is what I formulated the statement 'there are serious issues with money at Aberdeen' as clearly there are serious issues with the payscale that will prevent the club bringing certain players.

Obviously you can jump on the bandwagon and accuse me of being 'a troll' but at the end of the day it doesn't bother me.

Basically, you just don't like the truth.

Too many "issues" for my liking there.

However, 1-3 grand a week is bloody good money and if it's all we can afford to pay then we would be bloody stupid to pay more.

Young, enthusiastic players, well managed is the way forward, it has to be.

The club have a payscale. Fine.

£3k a week is a huge amount of money. I understand that, and we have very few season ticket holders meaning not much money comes in from fans compared to others.

Clearly good players (who ALL got new offers of contracts - Pawlett, McGinn, Hayes, Taylor) have chosen to leave the club in search of more money elsewhere. 

Players will always come and go but if they (the club directors) are not going to push the boat out a little given the massive sums that have come in from the Hayes transfer than its not good news.

Time the likes of £5k-£6k a week was offered to bring in a few pivotal players on decent deals otherwise we are not going to replace Hayes, McGinn.

No one actually knows the wage structure as the accounts dont list player wages seperately, we are barely breaking even, so there cannot be much room for breaking wage structure. It is worth noting that we employ 120 people so the average wage is 50k per year, which would suggest we are paying over 3k per week for certain players.

Still annoys me we are paying a CEO 6k per week

Well, the players at Aberdeen are on £1k-£3k a week.  That is the pay scale on basic terms.

In addition, they generally offer 2-year contracts.

This year Pawlett, McGinn, Jack, Hayes, Taylor have left in such of 'more money'.  McGinn, in particular, turned down the money offered by the club as he wants more money elsewhere and can probably get it.

Jack got £8k a week at Rangers.

More money is offered at clubs in the English Championship and also at the higher end of League 1.

That is what I formulated the statement 'there are serious issues with money at Aberdeen' as clearly there are serious issues with the payscale that will prevent the club bringing certain players.

Obviously you can jump on the bandwagon and accuse me of being 'a troll' but at the end of the day it doesn't bother me.

Basically, you just don't like the truth.

Hearsay...every word.

Not one statement backed up with conclusive evidence.

Pawlett left for regular football, the fact he might get better money is an added bonus

Hayes left because he is a Celtic supporter. Again the wage increase is an added bonus

Pretty much same could be said about "Union" other than he is a Sevco supporter not a Howker

Remind me how much extra money McGinn and Taylor currently stand to earn next month  ???

No one actually knows the wage structure as the accounts dont list player wages seperately, we are barely breaking even, so there cannot be much room for breaking wage structure. It is worth noting that we employ 120 people so the average wage is 50k per year, which would suggest we are paying over 3k per week for certain players.

Spot on

Hearsay...every word.

Not one statement backed up with conclusive evidence.

Pawlett left for regular football, the fact he might get better money is an added bonus

Hayes left because he is a Celtic supporter. Again the wage increase is an added bonus

Pretty much same could be said about "Union" other than he is a Sevco supporter not a Howker

Remind me how much extra money McGinn and Taylor currently stand to earn next month  ???

Spot on

You back on the drink again mate, aye?

What?? Is that true-6 k a WEEK??

[quote author=ayrshire_don74

link=topic=19292.msg317732#msg317732 date=1498052407]

So to quote you "I don't like the truth"

Just asking where is the factual evidence that you are telling the truth as oppossed to merely stating opinions :dunno:

Just to clarify 'mate' - if you want accurate information then you are in the wrong location on a football chat page.

Also directly 'quoting' the salary of players i.e. known individuals is against the law and a direct violation of various data protection acts.

I gave you a rough guide to the players wage levels which as far as I am aware is £1k - £3k a week.

To be more precise, immediately after the cup final (v Celtic on 27th May) I switched on the radio and listened to a one to one interview with Derek McInnes and his exact words (his not mine) was that his entire wage bill is £48k a week for the entire playing squad.

So can I suggest 1: You go get a calculator and 2: If you want 'exact' accurate data with sources noted you maybe go somewhere else aside from a football chat zone

Top earners (Jack McGinn Lewis and Hayes) were on between 4-5k per week. Taylor McLean Shay Consi Shinnie Reynolds all around the 3k per week mark. The average wage bill is brought down by the young eens earning £300-£500 a week. All are on significant win bonuses as was always the case in the Fergie years.

We are far and away the third biggest average payers in Scotland. Hibs and Hearts (and Ross County too apparently  :o) will pay roughly equivalent to our top level for the odd player or two if they think it necessary but their run of the mill players earn much less. So whilst we cannot expect to attract every single target we want, so far as Scotland goes we are as attractive as we can be.....it has to be recognised some guys just won't fancy living in a far flung outpost of the UK and Edinburgh/Glasgow may be a more attractive overall lifestyle choice.

Our problem is guys can easily find clubs in English League 1 who will pay more than us....in certain instances more than double.

From memory, I thought he said 42k. 'Mate'.

I might get a warning for this but you come across as such a bellend.

It doesn't bother me what anyone on here calls me.  It's a football chat forum - you have no idea who I am in the real world, you don't know me, you don't know anything about me.

Anything you say, any name you call me and anything you say about me is worthless.

Back on topic - £42k a week or £48k a week. Work out the average - £1k - £3k a week.

Give McInnes his due, he's really good at keeping things quiet until the deal is done.

I'm getting a bit fed up with the wild speculation though.

Ken this, I'd rather just roll up at the start of the season and see who weve signed when the players come out,than this palaver

Just to clarify 'mate' - if you want accurate information then you are in the wrong location on a football chat page.

Also directly 'quoting' the salary of players i.e. known individuals is against the law and a direct violation of various data protection acts.

I gave you a rough guide to the players wage levels which as far as I am aware is £1k - £3k a week.

To be more precise, immediately after the cup final (v Celtic on 27th May) I switched on the radio and listened to a one to one interview with Derek McInnes and his exact words (his not mine) was that his entire wage bill is £48k a week for the entire playing squad.

So can I suggest 1: You go get a calculator and 2: If you want 'exact' accurate data with sources noted you maybe go somewhere else aside from a football chat zone

So we get ONE fact i.e. the McInnes interview and you got the most important part of that wrong.

Fair made my day. Well done  :thumbsup:

As much as I'm delighted McInnes is staying atleast we might have heard more about the players we are after if someone else was in charge!

Wouldn't have minded so much if Milne had not hinted at players coming this week!

It seems like we are being linked with players that I thought would be miles out of our pay structure so not sure if there is any truth to them or if it's just the weegie press trying to deflate us when some league 2 no mark gets into the broom cupboard with a scarf.

It doesn't bother me what anyone on here calls me.  It's a football chat forum - you have no idea who I am in the real world, you don't know me, you don't know anything about me.

Anything you say, any name you call me and anything you say about me is worthless.

Back on topic - £42k a week or £48k a week. Work out the average - £1k - £3k a week.

I can't argue with that dude - my attack on you isn't personal, and you don't need to explain that this is a football forum or how it works.....most of us have been posting on donstalk for 10 years.