Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ryan Jack

Ryan fa? :wave:

I hope he's got his 3 years money upfront as he's nae likely to get much when they go bust again, paying silly wages they canna afford without "soft" loans which surely have to end sometime.

(BTW has UEFA financial fair play had a looksee at them yet?)

Rangers got him for £0.

He is getting £6k a week from them trebling his Reds wage.  They have 42k season ticket holders - FOUR times more than us meaning they have bigger wage budget.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers got him for £0.

He is getting £6k a week from them trebling his Reds wage.  They have 42k season ticket holders - FOUR times more than us meaning they have bigger wage budget.

Are you really a troll? You must be, no one can be that stupid?

Anyway, I'll bite, centy my loon/quine.

ETA: And at least I'm not up all night worrying about it on a football forum!

I know he cost 0 in transfer fees.

Led to believe it's 10K, even at 6K and with 42,000 foolish bigots paying up, they're massively overspending on players and the upkeep of yon hoose etc and survive on "top ups" every season, no a very financially stable model. Spending more than is coming in does not a viable business make.

ETA: And at least I'm not up all night worrying about it on a football forum!

Ryan Jack is a professional footballer, out of contract and free to work wherever he wants. Same as all other lads that left - Taylor, McGinn.

Why do you think McGinn is leaving? Money, much more of it on offer elsewhere.

Good luck to the Jack. He was never much of a captain, should never have been captain and has been replaced by a better player and replaced by a better captain.

As for usual rangers kerfuffle - could not care less who he plays for. losing sleep over it? No.

I'm certain Jack could have got a salary like that elsewhere, either overseas or south of the border. Signing for those cunts was the easy option for both player and agent - very lazy, unambitious, and short sighted.

The guy's going to think he's Billy big balls now, and it'll be interesting to see how he copes with it all. Personally I think we'll see him warming their bench every week like so many other good young players who get tempted to the old firm.

Whatever happens, he can fuck off. No excuse for going there.

Wishing you every single piece of bad luck going Ryan.

As these deluded bigots still think they should be watching the equivalent of Gascoigne and Laudrup, they are in for a bit of a disappointment with Jack.

Paraphrasing the article in todays Scotsman, he doesn't score, he doesn't tackle, he has almost no assists, he doesn't take free kicks or corners.

I'm certain Jack could have got a salary like that elsewhere, either overseas or south of the border. Signing for those cunts was the easy option for both player and agent - very lazy, unambitious, and short sighted.

The guy's going to think he's Billy big balls now, and it'll be interesting to see how he copes with it all. Personally I think we'll see him warming their bench every week like so many other good young players who get tempted to the old firm.

Whatever happens, he can fuck off. No excuse for going there.

Surley at 25 you're no longer considered young! Been posting on here for almost ten years now.

Good points actually. Gives perspective. Who can blame him? We would have all done the same. The vitriol towards him and his new employers is as staggering as it is misguided.

but the thing is, there's leaving and there's leaving. The public courting of him by SEVCO, almost trying to push him into saying where he was going. Somebody telling porkies, be it the club, the player or his agent...remember it wasn't so long ago we were assured that "Ryan has categorically denied he's going to rangers"

To top it all off, I see this morning he's bubbling in the paper that his "heart was broken when he was stripped of the captaincy" Oh give me a fucking break.

Vitriol towards him and his new employers...oh aye, there's plenty of that and there will always be. You know what, when the vitriol subsides, when we all start happily patting each other on the back and wishing each other good luck before a game on a Saturday then that's when the final nail gets driven into the coffin of football. Without the hate, without the rivalry, without the misguided passion towards your club to the detriment of all others then what's left? A sanitised shitty version of what I grew up with for sure. 

Ryan Jack is a professional footballer, out of contract and free to work wherever he wants. Same as all other lads that left - Taylor, McGinn.

Why do you think McGinn is leaving? Money, much more of it on offer elsewhere.

Good luck to the Jack. He was never much of a captain, should never have been captain and has been replaced by a better player and replaced by a better captain.

As for usual rangers kerfuffle - could not care less who he plays for. losing sleep over it? No.

Has anyone wondered why he's leaving? Is anyone not aware of the fact he'll get more money?

Good luck to him? Get fucked.

He's playing for our most hated rival, jumping ship from the club who gave him the chance in the game, who coached him from a kid through to captaining the club, and with that he still couldn't be honest with the club and the fans.

Even given your usual contrary position you've gone too far here. People understand he's getting more money, that doesn't mean we have to like his choice of club or respect the decision.  He has shown our club fuck all respect but you want to take some sort of misplaced moral high ground on this?  As I said, get fucked.

but the thing is, there's leaving and there's leaving. The public courting of him by SEVCO, almost trying to push him into saying where he was going. Somebody telling porkies, be it the club, the player or his agent...remember it wasn't so long ago we were assured that "Ryan has categorically denied he's going to rangers"

To top it all off, I see this morning he's bubbling in the paper that his "heart was broken when he was stripped of the captaincy" Oh give me a fucking break.

Vitriol towards him and his new employers...oh aye, there's plenty of that and there will always be. You know what, when the vitriol subsides, when we all start happily patting each other on the back and wishing each other good luck before a game on a Saturday then that's when the final nail gets driven into the coffin of football. Without the hate, without the rivalry, without the misguided passion towards your club to the detriment of all others then what's left? A sanitised shitty version of what I grew up with for sure.

Spot on.

If he does choose to go to Petulant Pedro, he knows how that would be viewed by Dons fans, so how Jack responds to Sevco will be a fairly good indicator of his level of respect for a club that he has spent his entire career at.

As i said before, innocent until proven guilty, so let's just see.

Ach well, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.  Hun cunt  ;)

Can't say it's much of a loss to us really - he's already been replaced by Tansey, and now we have an actual captain in Shinnie. 

If that's the best that Sevco can manage in their "season ticket war chest" overhaul, then we can look forward to focussing on Celtic next season, rather than having to worry about what's behind us.

Whilst it stung to see Jack sign for them we all know he's not that big a loss from a playing perspective. He's not a player that I fear coming up against. Although that's not to say he could never come back to haunt us. I daresay he will eventually but they've signed our captain without actually weakening us. Especially with Tansey coming in.

He's a fucking creep. He'll fit right in down in Govan and he can get to fuck. He's a cunt. Then again I've been saying that for years.

Has anyone wondered why he's leaving? Is anyone not aware of the fact he'll get more money?

Good luck to him? Get fucked.

Spot on Bobby - fuck him now!!

He grew up a Hun so is one of them and each week is now earning depending what you believe 3 or 5 times more than what he was on with us.

Normally, I understand people saying "oh he just doing what anyone else would do in that situation and is looking after his family, one injury can end his career blah blah blah".

But here it is the way he has treated the Club, McInnes and particularly the fans given he knows the level of ill feeling we have towards them. As has been said before there are things you just don't do in life and what is going to come his way should he play at Pittodrie will be rightly deserved.

The fact we are not bothered about losing his playing ability but more bothered about the way he has gone about things says it all.

For me, it almost feels like if he had the decency upfront to come out and say he was interested in joining them it would have been slightly less irritating. That way Deek could have kept him out for the Cup Final and his pish about being heart-broken at being stripped of the captaincy.

He would have done well to take a leaf out of McGinn & Taylor's book in how they have departed the club.

We move on now but it just feels that this Summer is going to be a huge rebuilding job for us, particularly should McInnes decide to move on too.

[quote author=Leftside link=topic=19234.msg316759#msg316759 date=1496384964

Paraphrasing the article in todays Scotsman, he doesn't score, he doesn't tackle, he has almost no assists, he doesn't take free kicks or corners.

Absolutely.

So many fans stuck up for him all these years and considered him our best player. Baffling really.

How anyone can hang around in the central belt especially glezga when they have the opportunity to go to America and get plenty dosh and have a far superior standard of life is mind boggling.

Living in a bubble.

Idc where he goes.

If he was a great footballer and was going to be influential against us , I'd be bitter I guess.

Fact is his name will hardly be mentioned when we play against the Huns.

"But obviously coming to a club like Rangers it’s always exciting and the European football is a massive appeal. That’s something I’m looking forward to, a European night at Ibrox."

Really???

Aye, really, the boy's a fud, he'll fit in well with the knuckledraggers.

Wishing you every single piece of bad luck going Ryan.

As these deluded bigots still think they should be watching the equivalent of Gascoigne and Laudrup, they are in for a bit of a disappointment with Jack.

Sportsound was on this afternoon ( ??? ) and essentially said the exact opposite to that.

Seemingly he is under-rated and exactly what Sevco require to protect their centre backs.

The only thing I can ever recall Jack doing is that long range goal against St Johnstone in a howling gale.

I know little about football but is he really the Scottish Claude Makelele Sportsound was trying to make him out to be?

Sportsound was on this afternoon ( ??? ) and essentially said the exact opposite to that.

Seemingly he is under-rated and exactly what Sevco require to protect their centre backs.

The only thing I can ever recall Jack doing is that long range goal against St Johnstone in a howling gale.

I know little about football but is he really the Scottish Claude Makelele Sportsound was trying to make him out to be?

No

• 2 months later...