Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

If He Goes, Who Comes In

First of all, I am in no way saying we should sack him, but by fuck is he making my blood pressure rise!

IF he was to leave or get sacked within this week, who, realistically, do we replace him with?

First cunt to say Paul Hartley, is a fucking fat, baldy, weearrapeepo hun.

Seriously though, let's get a list of realistic names ( Including Hartley  :hammer: ) should this situation arise.

I think DM has done a great job. He's established us as a top team again over the last 4 years. We have credibility again. We've been to two cup finals. We won a trophy. HOWEVER, that can go to shit very quickly with Rangers back and almost half our squad out of contract. I think it's time for a change but I have absolutely no idea who. Cop out I know!

I quite like DM but he's making a right fucking pigs ear of things just now!

I'd like for him to get a grip of things and put it right. What he's tried in the last two games clearly doesn't work, best of it is the majority of us questioned his decisions before the inevitable happened.

If he doesn't decide to set up the team properly and continue with this farce he's going to lose the fans big time and once that happens it's only a matter of time.

Like Rocket said it's the boards job to appoint a new man, should it come to that. If i were them i'd invite applications and conduct interviews properly instead of just approaching someone.

Tommy Wright and Michael O'Neill should be asked to apply tho.  :smile:

I am not sure I want McInnes to leave but I am starting to worry that he has hit his high point tactically, as in he has no real idea what to try next.

His tinkering hasn't worked, trying to shoe horn players in to a squad even it means sacrificing that player in their best natural position.  Get Taylor out of the squad, tuck Considine back into the centre and get Shinnie in at LB where he should be.  I would just like us to play the players in their best positions, even if that means having to bleed through a few youngsters to do so.

I hope in January that McInnes will be allowed to dip in to the market, we need 1, if not 2 central midfield players in the door ASAP.

McInnes isnt going anywhere anytime soon but if he were to depart then Tommy Wright would be top of my wish list for sure.

Despite what some posters want, I don't believe DM is going anywhere.  I think the compo alone is something the club would want to avoid.  I think the most frustrating thing for most of us is the constant tinkering with the side.  An obvious statement I know, but we need our strongest 11 on the park.  All of us on here would make great armchair managers, but we all know what the issue is and it's extremely frustrating to see the result(s) of the tinkering.

I know it's a long season and I'm sure he believes that he needs to utilize the full squad (apart from Storey it seems) but nothing breeds more confidence than a settled side who are allowed to play to their own strengths.

What is this going to take?  Do we need a few of the veteran players to have a word?  Those of us on here who are old enough, remember the absolute arrogance of our great teams, our lack of fear and the belief that we would win any game.

I think it's time he let the shackles off and let the team play, I'm sure most people would take a 3-2 win over a 1-0 game management exercise in fan frustration.

Unfortunately I don't think he has the belief we can win in Glasgow himself but I would hope that senior players or others at the club would have a word.  Until then we need a result tomorrow and at this point I'll take a 1-0 game management exercise.  ;D

Also, I don't really get the Tommy Wright love-in, I just don't get the hype. 

Michael O'Neill would be my choice also, and I believe he'd jump at the chance.

The reality is though, we won't sack McInnes, and at the moment, he doesn't deserve to be sacked, but for me, if we finish any less than 2nd place and don't reach Scottish Cup final, there should be big question marks over his future. I do not care what anyone says about Rangers, or Hearts, we have been, outwith the tims, the dominant team in Scotland, he only lets himself down in the sort of Must Win games. And I don't believe he is getting the best out of our best players. Kenny McLean is a better player than he's showing, Jonny Hayes has all of a sudden became pish, Niall McGinn, what the fuck has happened there? And big Rooney, looks unfit, cumbersome and uninterested. A manager that can get the best out of them, we'd be a very strong team who'd finish 2nd easily, I honestly believe that.

Don't think there's any danger of him getting the dunt this season.  Would imagine the only way we'll see the back of hi is if another club comes in for him, the chances of which isn't good considering our form.

i'm really fed up with him.  Going to Motherwell on Friday, planning on going to Accies on the 27th too. Not particularly looking forward to either, fully aware it will be more of the one dimensional turgid stuff. Ho hum...