Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Cooking up a storm

MálagaSheep

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of you cooking gurus heard of the cooking term 'broiling'?

I've just been looking for some new ideas for scallops and came across broiled scallops... i'd never heard of broiling before but it would appear it's a combination of oven cooking your dinner with the grill on at the same time.

I have noticed that option on the oven but never used the oven and grill at the same time, i will tomorrow when i'm making my broiled scallops.  :thumbsup:

Every day's a school day.  ;D

Any of you cooking gurus heard of the cooking term 'broiling'?

I've just been looking for some new ideas for scallops and came across broiled scallops... i'd never heard of broiling before but it would appear it's a combination of oven cooking your dinner with the grill on at the same time.

I have noticed that option on the oven but never used the oven and grill at the same time, i will tomorrow when i'm making my broiled scallops.  :thumbsup:

Every day's a school day.  ;D

Its basically grilling redz min.

Those damn yanks confuse things!!!

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060827081146AAjbcaX

This would suggest you're right Malaga... i would just say 'stick them under the grill', but their definition of a grill appears to be like a BBQ.

There's still a setting on my oven where it shows the 'oven' to be on but also the 'grill' at the same time.

Ach, they're getting 'grilled' this evening.  :thumbsup:

Those damn yanks confuse things!!!

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060827081146AAjbcaX

This would suggest you're right Malaga... i would just say 'stick them under the grill', but their definition of a grill appears to be like a BBQ.

There's still a setting on my oven where it shows the 'oven' to be on but also the 'grill' at the same time.

Ach, they're getting 'grilled' this evening.  :thumbsup:

That's a fan assisted grill. Use that. It's better. More akin to a yank broil ina. The grill is indeed a BBQ expression in the states. "Le Grill, what the hell is le grill?" as Homer Simpson once said trying to build a BBQ with French instructions.

Edit: Keep and eye on it fan yer using the fan assisted grill, they can be whooring quick to burn the shite out of stuff.

Hey Redz, how did u get on with your Broiled Scallops?

I was asking the wife about broiling cooking and she didn't know, but she remembered me about the broiled steak we had once.

Bit of a story here

Out in the countryside here there is old horse stables or crofts that people make into little restaurant type places, they are no 5 star but we love then as they are cheap as chips and the loons take a fitba and play in the horse paddock.

Anyway on the menu it had different cooked meats, grilled, barbacoa or broil.

We took broiled as the bbq wasn't ready to cook on. And by the way this was some hand built bbq  :o

So the boy took the steaks to the BBQ and seasoned them with salt and this oil that was in a what looked like a paint tin and brushed on this oil.

The oil was black, i asked him what it was? It was olive oil, butter, garlic, paprika and, i shit u not, the black stuff was the burnt fat scrapings off the the grill/bbq.  :eek:

Next he threw carboard on the bbq with a bit of small kindling and a log of wood, set fire to it, left for a minute and came back with a HAIRDRYER and blasted up the flames to my steak and continued till it was cooked!

Broiled Steak  :thumbsup:

One of the best steaks i have had

Hmmmmm.. sounds lush Malaga.  :thumbsup: Nae sure about the black scrappings tho. Sure HSE would have summit to say about that particular ingredient.  ::)

The broiled scallops were fine but nae as fine as just doing them in the frying pan. They seemed to lose a bit of size broiling them too.

I did actually use the fan assisted over with the grill on and not just the grill.

Accompanied them with spinach which i stuck in a hot pan with a dash of oil and spaghetti which was tossed in a garlic and chilli oil. A little sprinkle of parmesan and it was all good.

Fooking hungry again about an hour later tho!    ::)

Sunday roast on a Monday , not for the first time.  ;D. Chicken, roast Tatties, mashed carrot and sweed mini chipotles meallie & gravy  Oh and a gleass of leftover chilled red

68r8eu.jpg

Ohh Crazz min, ohh how i miss meallie, am no a big roast fan but meallie i love that stuff. Cana get it here and i cant make it either, ma grunnies maellie was amazing. Ma grunnie was amazing cook could never beat her food.

Ohh Crazz min, ohh how i miss meallie, am no a big roast fan but meallie i love that stuff. Cana get it here and i cant make it either, ma grunnies maellie was amazing. Ma grunnie was amazing cook could never beat her food.

You're a conoisseur, you can surely manage mealy? It's just oatmeal, ingins and suet. Yir bound to get all those in Spain.

You're a conoisseur, you can surely manage mealy? It's just oatmeal, ingins and suet. Yir bound to get all those in Spain.

I tried once and made a erse of it, thats when i bid in Aberdeen,

Whats Suet in spanish?

Ma Spanish is no great, every time i go to the butcher i have to make the noise of the animal i want meat for and point to a part of my body so he gets the hint

Spandoric is no widely known

I tried once and made a erse of it, thats when i bid in Aberdeen,

Whats Suet in spanish?

Ma Spanish is no great, every time i go to the butcher i have to make the noise of the animal i want meat for and point to a part of my body so he gets the hint

Spandoric is no widely known

Think really shite hun striker from about 5-6 years back. Hilariously bad. Probably scored against the dons.