Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Cooking up a storm

MálagaSheep

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had my breakfast and after seeing that I'm starving all over again, Málaga!

You get differing types of tofu, Rocket. This one was more firm, if you go for the soft one (better for soups) it just crumbles and looks like scrambled eggs. Made that mistake many a time. We added cornflour to the outside of it and fried them in sesame oil. Tasty as!

In fairness, so would I  ;D

I wouldn't have put it up if I knew he was going to trump me like that ;)

If I was cooking it I'd go for the tofu personally and I'm nae a vegetarian (on a menu, I'd probably take Malaga's dish). More challenge in making the veg dishes I reckon. Like a bit of tofu masel too, interesting tip on the cornflour, will maybe make some tonight. Good work on the cutting down on meat, I've found it really easy and I've done it for years. Probably have meat once a fortnight, maybe red meat once a month. Makes it taste nicer when you have it, but cooking with just veg and pulses/rice etc gives you a far better understanding of flavours and herbs and spices in my opinion. I think everyone should do it. Or we should start making synthetic meat for those who still wish to partake in daily meat.

Some affa fine looking dishes .

Get a veg box delivered and normally don't have any problems finding recipes for them(ok,soup half the time). Occasionally get a cabbage,a veg i sometimes struggle with,and got one this week.Done a few online recipes eg polish cabbage rolls but a lot of the others a bit drab looking. This thread looks as good as any for a few hints,with or without meat .Would be app'd  :thumbsup:

Some affa fine looking dishes .

Get a veg box delivered and normally don't have any problems finding recipes for them(ok,soup half the time). Occasionally get a cabbage,a veg i sometimes struggle with,and got one this week.Done a few online recipes eg polish cabbage rolls but a lot of the others a bit drab looking. This thread looks as good as any for a few hints,with or without meat .Would be app'd  :thumbsup:

I have that very same problem, and have it again today as they've delivered a reed een. The problem with them is that they're fuckin big for a veg that disnae need to be the main part of the dish. I also have cucumber that I dinna ever eat a lot of. I've bought a couple of pickling jars though and I think I might try a bit of fermenting this week. Maybe some kimchi or suauauauuauerkraut.

Just had my breakfast and after seeing that I'm starving all over again, Málaga!

You get differing types of tofu, Rocket. This one was more firm, if you go for the soft one (better for soups) it just crumbles and looks like scrambled eggs. Made that mistake many a time. We added cornflour to the outside of it and fried them in sesame oil. Tasty as!

Had Tofu Massaman tonight at Thai Khun, first time ever tried Tofu.

We were sharing a couple of amazing starters (that we've had before) so I thought it was a good time to try a non-meat or fish main dish. It didn't really taste of anything. It was perfectly infused with the sauce, like a sponge might be but I'm not sure it's anything more than a tasteless protein substitute?

Felt great afterwards and as it's healthy, I would eat it again. But I don't think I eat too much meat.

A balance and being moderate and avoiding excess in everything is wise. The only things that are really bad for us is too many carbs and almost any sugar. High fat low carb diets the future.

How was it Malaga? I like a lot o fish but that reminds me to much of my first Gold fish (won at Cadonas) after my dad retrieved it from the toilet after my younger brother coupt it in there .

I prefer my fish filleted

It was ok min, no as good as the ones they cook on the open fires, and have them covered in salt and garlic!

Foods a bad subject the day as i have spent the night on the throne!

It was ok min, no as good as the ones they cook on the open fires, and have them covered in salt and garlic!

Foods a bad subject the day as i have spent the night on the throne!

We had something similar in Sarajevo I think it was. Piled high in salt. Tasty as fuck.

Had Tofu Massaman tonight at Thai Khun, first time ever tried Tofu.

We were sharing a couple of amazing starters (that we've had before) so I thought it was a good time to try a non-meat or fish main dish. It didn't really taste of anything. It was perfectly infused with the sauce, like a sponge might be but I'm not sure it's anything more than a tasteless protein substitute?

Felt great afterwards and as it's healthy, I would eat it again. But I don't think I eat too much meat.

A balance and being moderate and avoiding excess in everything is wise. The only things that are really bad for us is too many carbs and almost any sugar. High fat low carb diets the future.

Glad you tried it, I like it for its texture but you're right, it does add taste to a dish unless you coat it in something which absorbs flavour. I've grown up with it so never found it strange, but I can see why a few folk think so. As I said, there are many forms of it, the ones used in miss soup for example are generally a lot softer. I love it with spring onions, ginger and some soy sauce.

I have that very same problem, and have it again today as they've delivered a reed een. The problem with them is that they're fuckin big for a veg that disnae need to be the main part of the dish. I also have cucumber that I dinna ever eat a lot of. I've bought a couple of pickling jars though and I think I might try a bit of fermenting this week. Maybe some kimchi or suauauauuauerkraut.

Ach well,nae a popular veg it seems.Am going to scoop out the middle of my next one,roast the cabbage,and add something risotto-ish to the middle.Will report back..

Some people have taken to putting chocolate chips in their rock buns in place of the raisin/sultana. Fucking disgusting if you ask me. A sign of societal weakness or some shite. Chocolate in fucking everything. Doesn't even go. Like chocolate cheesecake. For cunts.

Love a raisined rock bun like, and those eens look good TC