Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Cooking up a storm

MálagaSheep

Onions are fucking magic. Try whacking them in a soup and cook them less and less each time (feel free to blend the soup). That'll wean you onto them.

It's mushrooms for me. I always try and like them, and I'll eat them if there on my plate (as I've never not finished a meal in living memory), but I just think they're cunts.

I have no problem with onions in a blended soup (although I still prefer not to know they're there). Mushrooms were a food that I disliked but I really like them now. Love them sauteed or grilled. More or less in any form.

Cheers for the vote of confidence, Al. But I'm a couple of years into my 30s now and still no real progress on the onion front!  :-[

I love tomatoes in an Italian sauce or a pizza sauce. But not in their natural from or in ketchup. Gads.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with onions in a blended soup (although I still prefer not to know they're there). Mushrooms were a food that I disliked but I really like them now. Love them sauteed or grilled. More or less in any form.

Cheers for the vote of confidence, Al. But I'm a couple of years into my 30s now and still no real progress on the onion front!  :-[

I love tomatoes in an Italian sauce or a pizza sauce. But not in their natural from or in ketchup. Gads.

Red onions caramelised in coriander and balsamic vinegar, immense.  Roast them in chunks in the oven for 30 minutes with fennel bulbs, ground coriander seeds, balsamic and some olive oil, caramelise some sugar in a frying pan, dump the onion/fennel in the sugar, chuck in a ton of grana padano or parmesan cheese, stuck some puff pastry on top, give it another 20 minutes in the oven, and it will turn into this:

red_onion_fennel_and_22853_16x9.jpg

Tarte tatin, mitherfecker.

Changed the veg box* this week,and made a surprisingly nice Celeriac,Squash and fennel soup with what they supplied.

*They still managed to chuck in a cabbage though    ::)

Cabbage is brilliant, so diverse! Stir fry, Okonomiyaki, Bubble and squeak to name but a few dishes!  Unless you're complaining as it is a fruit, which I think you may be*

*allegedly