Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer News / Gossip

I know he came on at the back against Brechin but not sure about the weekend.

McInnes is always shrewd on his transfer dealings. He may say nothing is imminent but the wheels will be turning behind the scenes I am sure.

Folk said that in January transfer window and we got the square root of fuck all

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read that on twitter last night but dismissed it as rubbish due to the fact we've got more pressing issues???

I thought the centre of midfield would be the top priority myself.

Talk on AFC Chat Forums of Greg Stewart rumours picking up pace around Dundee. But at this moment in time I think we can label that as forum hearsay :D

Wes would be decent. Cheltenham had him on loan two seasons ago. THE ONLY player good enough who put in effort that season. Think that says it all about his commitment 19 on loan and your the only player putting in the effort. Think he had the talent also but hard to judge in a team where the captain fucked off to his mates wedding instead of playing in a relegation game.

Think he was top scorer despite only playing from end of January and I'm sure getting injured before the final  3 games.

Played wide but can go through the middle too, in a sort of Hayes/McGinn role.

Wes would be decent. Cheltenham had him on loan two seasons ago. THE ONLY player good enough who put in effort that season. Think that says it all about his commitment 19 on loan and your the only player putting in the effort. Think he had the talent also but hard to judge in a team where the captain fucked off to his mates wedding instead of playing in a relegation game.

Think he was top scorer despite only playing from end of January and I'm sure getting injured before the final  3 games.

Played wide but can go through the middle too, in a sort of Hayes/McGinn role.

Good to know!  I think the bottom two sentences definitely filled me with a bit of hope and interest (minus the injury bit obviously).

From the AFC Site:

Aberdeen have completed the season long loan signing of Wes Burns from Bristol City. The winger, subject to international clearance, will go straight into the squad for tonight's Europa League game at Pittodrie against FK Ventspils.

Cardiff-born Burns was included in the Wales' pre-Euro 2016 training squad and has played on 18 occasions for the Welsh U21 team, netting 6 times.

Manager Derek McInnes, who worked with the 21-year-old at Ashton Gate, told afc.co.uk "I am delighted to get him. Wes is a fantastic young talent who can play right across the front line. He has got a brilliant attitude and plenty of motivation to do well with us.

"I would like to thank Bristol City and Lee Johnson for their help in making the deal happen as Wes had plenty of options."

I'm assuming these things can't really be done without the January return option these days. We're basically hoping he's good, but not good enough to trigger the return clause. Certainly gives us plenty of attacking options. With no-one to supply those options! Hopefully a midfielder in soon.

Busy day at Pittodrie! That's Willo gone now.

Aberdeen midfielder Willo Flood has left the club.

Derek McInnes commented, "Everyone at Aberdeen FC wishes Willo well. He was as significant a signing that I've made since I came here and has played a pivotal role both on and off the park and has been a pleasure to work with. I really appreciated his demanding nature and he's a very popular figure around the place. We wish Willo all the very best with whatever club he continues his career at and he'll always be welcome back at Pittodrie in the future."

Fucking hope so! The right decision assuming we can get in a better replacement. Failing that, I suppose it could be argued that Storie is at the age where he should be a direct replacement. Never thought Jack and Flood really worked together, so Jack has no excuses now.

You have to assume (not the smartest thing to do, I know) that we have a player or players lined up to come in. Flood has already played in Europe and while injured now it does leave us thin in there. That's us lost Robson and Flood, two experienced central midfielders and 'major' signings, I'd hope for a big signing or two in return. Add Cammy Smith that's a third central guy although with adding Storey and Burns that could mean one of them wide and McGinn playing centrally again.

Fingers crossed.......

I would have sooner released Jack tbh. Certainly on current form.

Jack started last season very well, and has barely turned up since. But there is definitely a good player in there. I think McInnes very much restricts his role, which makes him look a lot worse than he is, but he certainly has a heap of room for improvement. He should have been way ahead of where he is based on his previous form. The thing about Jack is it's the first player we've had in years (perhaps Pawlett at a stretch, definitely Fraser) where the improvement path was clear for him, and it was obvious that he could have developed into a very good player. He's got a season to turn it around otherwise we, or he, has/have failed. He's a man playing within himself that's for sure.

I've always been a bit meh about Flood too. He had his uses, but his annoying habit of running at our own centre halves and then passing it to them about 5 yards away putting them under immediate pressure really got on my tits. However, I can see us not adequately replacing him.

Slightly bizzare he's just been released when we were all expecting him to transfer to Utd. I've still not given up hope on getting Jackson Irvine in....

I don't get the Jackson Irvine thing. He's always seemed a bit limited to me, bar a few months where he had a half decent spell. He always came across as a bit of a fanny in the tackle too (being harder than our midfield isn't a sign of toughness), which is not what we're looking for.

I really don't get this signing at all. As tonight we normally play 1 out and out forward, we seem to have signed 3, and with Rooney we would seem to have 4.

Could it be that Rooney is leaving?

McInnes has said he can play all across the front line, he's bound to be signed to play out wide and provide competition/support to Hayes and McGinn.

McInnes has said he can play all across the front line, he's bound to be signed to play out wide and provide competition/support to Hayes and McGinn.

nice finish from him for the 3rd tonight, and some other decent touches.

Still cant really see the recruitment strategy for this window to be honest.