Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer News / Gossip

Every club in scotland should ensure we are getting the RIGHT ASKING price for our players then. 500k is a joke figure and Milne should have told them to fuck off. his quality and that league they are playing in should easily be 2million- 3million.

I don't think you understand how transfers work.  Base figure is always the value of the remainder of contract which is where the 500k figure is coming from.  As i understand it there has been no official approach so how can milne tell them to fuck off?  Given his age you would never get anything close to 3 mill for him, 2 would be a miracle.  As I said above given his age and value of his contract 1.25 mill would be good business, 1.5 excellent business. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tig, you are right about the wages and length of contract remaining, however, he is 28 which is the peak age for a footballer and other factors get taken into account such as if he is an international cap, his recognition in terms of peer and media, his form i.e. games played, goals scored, assists, then the league and team he plays for. If Hayes played for a championship side on his current wages and length of contract, the offer would be a lot higher than £500k. As I mentioned, it is very much to do with the club he plays for as a club could be desperate for cash and therefore far more likely to sell for a knock down price. Something AFC are not anymore. Of course we are a selling club - if the price is right. Just to put this into perspective, we got £225k for Chris Clark in 2008. We also got £335k for Chris Maguire who I believe only had 6 -12 months left on his contract Hayes has 24 months.

If Hayes played for a championship side on his current wages and length of contract, the offer would be a lot higher than £500k.

But he wouldn't be playing for a championship side on his current wages, that's the point, and that's why the offer would be a lot higher. If he was on 3 times the wages, then the offer would be 3 times as much. The correlation between transfer fee and wages plays the largest part in the offering, rather than league a player plays in. That said, I'd expect a championship team to pay more for a championship player because he'd be proven in that environment, similarly I'd expect an SPFL player to receive a higher offer from another SPFL club than if they were signing from the Scottish Championship.

But he wouldn't be playing for a championship side on his current wages, that's the point, and that's why the offer would be a lot higher. If he was on 3 times the wages, then the offer would be 3 times as much. The correlation between transfer fee and wages plays the largest part in the offering, rather than league a player plays in. That said, I'd expect a championship team to pay more for a championship player because he'd be proven in that environment, similarly I'd expect an SPFL player to receive a higher offer from another SPFL club than if they were signing from the Scottish Championship.

Very true, but I'd still say he'd be valued at more than £500k. His worth to the club should be far more than that. Certainly the club should laugh that "offer" away.

As I said earlier if we got one and a half mill I think we would have done as well as we can realistically hope for. I'm very confident if a 500k offer came in it would be treated with derision given how long he is under contact for. We don't need to sell but we could be forced to.

As I said earlier if we got one and a half mill I think we would have done as well as we can realistically hope for. I'm very confident if a 500k offer came in it would be treated with derision given how long he is under contact for. We don't need to sell but we could be forced to.

I'd definitely be comfortable, but I love seeing him play too much to see him leave. Hard to see how you could replace such an exciting and charismatic player.

Spotted a post on the P&B forum this morning claiming that Callum Morris was going to sign for us.

I hope it was a wind up.

Saw that on twitter as well, was hoping the same!

Credible rumours seem to have completely dried up while McInnes is presumably away.