Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer News / Gossip

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there was any kind of formal approach but I could be wrong ED.

Thanks manc, I also called for signing Shinnie for the better part of two years and that worked out quite well too. Wasn't advocating a move for Draper, he's just not good enough imo, only included him as he is the cm at Inverness that fits what the mould. Irvine's contract can't be worth more than 100k at a push so 200kish would probably land him.

The P&J reported that there was but I'm hoping you're right!

I'd have preferred one of Reynolds or Taylor to have left the building to be honest. The fact both are still there, both still on reasonable money, you'd have to assume that considering we've signed Morris, have Considine as well, we may well not sign the CB that is necessary.

Jackson Irvine is the sort of guy we need in midfield; strong runner, good ball player and good tackler.

And... if these signings are designed to pad out the squad... what's the point if the padding is way below the standard required? No point having numbers for the sake of having numbers. We need footballers.

I'd have preferred one of Reynolds or Taylor to have left the building to be honest. The fact both are still there, both still on reasonable money, you'd have to assume that considering we've signed Morris, have Considine as well, we may well not sign the CB that is necessary.

Jackson Irvine is the sort of guy we need in midfield; strong runner, good ball player and good tackler.

And... if these signings are designed to pad out the squad... what's the point if the padding is way below the standard required? No point having numbers for the sake of having numbers. We need footballers.

Id have punted Taylor too, still would if it helps get a top CH.

Are these signings way below the standard required though? The only questionable one seems to be Morris and even then there seems to be a fair few united fans that think he's decent but had a bad run of injuries... I guess we'll find out one way or the other soon!

I don't think you can say they are below the standard either. Both keepers come with solid backgrounds. Lewis fell away but based on record the potential is there. In Stockley's case he's a young unknown - Jamie Vardy and Dele Alli were playing a similar level not that long ago. DM hasn't said any of the outfield signings are impact players, I do agree we need a central defender but, as I said, we had a really solid defense with Ward in goal and these same defenders. DM also said we'd need to toughen up so I def see a tough CM coming. If you are expecting Stockley to replace Rooney or Storey to replace Hayes then it won't happen but I think Storey adds to the squad. Adding a top class striker to sit on the bench behind Rooney won't happen, but we have more back up should he get injured. I think your expectations are high and rightly so, and the next 2-3 signings do need to be the impact player type.

Latest internet murmurs is that we are interested in Murray Davidson from St Johnstone, he just signed a new 2 year deal so doubt there is much in this one.

Also rumored that we are talking to Swindon to free up Miles Storey early so he can play in our European opener.

I think Ross County rejected a bid of just over £100k for Irvine a week or so ago.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36500454

Various news outlets reporting this morning that Khalid Aucho who was Rangers bound is now headed for a trial with us.

http://www.soka25east.com/exclusive-khalid-aucho-heading-aberdeen-not-rangers-reported-media/

He looks like a young, powerful defensive midfield player.

Knowing our luck Sevco will nip in at the last minute and sign him.

Various news outlets reporting this morning that Khalid Aucho who was Rangers bound is now headed for a trial with us.

http://www.soka25east.com/exclusive-khalid-aucho-heading-aberdeen-not-rangers-reported-media/

Sounds like dirty Sevco trick that they inherited from their predecessors.

Did anyone also notice that Accrington or whoever it was they're signing Windass' kid from are refusing to let them go until the compensation has been paid? Seems like they've been briefed well  :rofl:

Yeah Accrington have said the compensation The Rangers have offered was unacceptable.

I thought they would have been dipping in to that 'war chest' Dave King was handing them  :laughing:

Can't imagine it would make much of a dent in the infamous £30m  ;)

If any deal was to be done, apparently it would need to be done by the end of the month due to their transfer window.  Would be available on a free in December.

Would be good move for Smith.

Needs first team game time.

Make or break season for him as looks to be stuck in a rut at Pittodrie

I'd rather see him at Killie or somewhere. We need to know if he can cut it at SPFL level, not diddy championship level.

I'd really like to see us get Aucho in asap and take a look. Seems desperate for a move to Scotland/England, what have we got to lose? Plus it's a little more intriguing that a lower English league signing. He could be shit, but why not look and soon?

Aucho wont happen any time soon I dont think. McInnes was quoted yesterday as saying his visa could take 2-3 weeks before coming through and then the Kenyan transfer window shuts at the end of this month as well.

Hayes is again being linked with Wigan and now also Rotherham.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/22/gb-championship-battle-for-jonny-hayes/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

Rangers  ::)

No fucking chance, couldn't afford him  !

Hasnt taken long has it.

Some headline last week about Brendan Rogers saying next season wont just be a two horse race between the old firm

Now the journos have their word count filler by linking the blue hordes with any decent SPFL player

Decent interview on red tv, sounds like we've been watching him a while and tried to sign him before. Sounds a pretty confident and experienced guy despite his age plus has been in the Ireland set up u15-u21. Preferred position is central defense but can play right back or holding mid, says he's a big strong physical and aggressive guy (and admits overly aggressive at times) who can also play on the deck.

Yet another Irish boy which has been working well for us, good for team chemistry. Welcome aboard!