Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer News / Gossip

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a text of a Plymuff mate earlier asking my opinion. Told him I'm delighted as means Cheltenham have an even better chance of back to back promotions if their frontline is going to be Goodwillie and Reid. Dan Holman will score at least 3 times as many as that two together.

Seems Khalid Aucho has been released by his club to come to Scotland for his trial.

Be interesting to see where this lad end up.

I noticed something on twitter over the weekend about wishing him good luck.  Is that what that was about?  Very interesting!

Yeah it seems he had negotiated his release from his club in Kenya.

They seem to think he is headed to us on trial, so hopefully we hear something this week about it.

Seems like he had passport issues too.

In other news, Super Kev is joining up with Caley for a trial.  Never wanted to see him at another Scottish club  :-[

I would like to see us sign Stewart too but unfortunately I don't think he will end up with us.

If he is to leave Dundee then I have heard the Jambos are more likely to get him than us. I was surprised at that as I wouldn't have thought they could afford the sort of transfer fee for which would Dundee would let him go.

I would like to see us sign Stewart too but unfortunately I don't think he will end up with us.

If he is to leave Dundee then I have heard the Jambos are more likely to get him than us. I was surprised at that as I wouldn't have thought they could afford the sort of transfer fee for which would Dundee would let him go.

Would be surprised if Dundee would sell to another Scottish club. Cannot see any Scottish team being able to afford to offer a deal that would make it worth while for them to sell.

Aberdeen midfielder Peter Pawlett may be allowed to move on loan to Championship side Hibernian. (Sun)

I wouldn't be against this at all.  I've found his contributions at a bare minimum (bar that goal last season).  It's a massive shame but he's just not living up to his earlier promise.  A loan stint might just get his confidence up again.  If he does go though, we need to bring someone else in or we're still not achieving any squad depth.

Willo Flood again being linked with Dundee Utd today. papers claiming he could be a Utd player by the end of this week.

I know he's not available for the game on Thursday, but I'd suggest while we're in Europe, we keep him. He was one of the better players last week.

AFC caused quite a stir on twitter yesterday when folk didn't hear the full pre-match conference from DM. No transfers incoming just yet, but there are a couple things on the burners.  Hope to fuck they're a center half and a proper central midfielder!

What position did O'Connor play on the weekend, it was at the back was it not?

What position did O'Connor play on the weekend, it was at the back was it not?

He started at CB with Reynolds with Jack on the right & McKenna on the left IIRC.

I thought he looked strong but his passing across the park when not under any pressure left a lot to be desired. Hard to judge in friendlies though. Although with shouts like "Win a header" coming from your keeper when the opposing keeper has taken a goal kick and then winning said header this lad could do well.

He started at CB with Reynolds with Jack on the right & McKenna on the left IIRC.

I thought he looked strong but his passing across the park when not under any pressure left a lot to be desired. Hard to judge in friendlies though. Although with shouts like "Win a header" coming from your keeper when the opposing keeper has taken a goal kick and then winning said header this lad could do well.

Fingers crossed he works out. He certainly said his preferred position was at the back.

In other news Cammy Smith joins the Arabs on loan. Surely we must have someone joining imminently as this leaves us short.