Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer News / Gossip

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, given he's injured I'd doubt it but I did also read that Hayes had turned them down as he's content at Aberdeen  :thumbsup:

I would be a bit surprised if he went, he did say early in pre season when there was speculation about that he had no desire to move.  I suspect it might be different story if, say, a team like Newcastle came in for him though. 

So we look to be signing an att mid?  Not really the player we are needing regardless of a 6 mill price tag, I would much prefer to get Ness.  if we don't sign someone of his ilk expect at least 4 months of Shinnie in midfield.  :hammer:

Turned out to be the case. Shame we didn't get a defensive midfielder or centre back along with the maddison signing but sounds like we have ourselves a very good player. Creating chances has been a serious issue for our team of late and this boy sounds like he can create plenty of them. Annoying it's only until Jan and even more annoying he came after the ceptic game but what can you do.

McInnes obviously thinks this squad is good enough to meet the club's ambitions and targets.

Well I've no fucking idea what the club's goals are but this squad isn't nearly good enough to meet mine.

Pathetic transfer window. Incompetent management by the club.

It is frustrating that the serious things that needed to be addressed, haven't.  I am being positive about Maddison as McLean is garbage at the moment and he plays in a similar position and sounds like he actually creates.  However, that can't detract from the fact that we still needed another CB and a defensive midfielder.  Who the fuck is going to put in that tackle in midfield?

Seriously hope Morris remains fit (has been drafted into the NI squad) and can sit alongside O'Connor.

It stems from last season like. McInnes was always going to have too much to do in this window (although Killie have managed to take in 16 players!). It's impossible to get all your targets to join, and we just had too many positions needing filled. I think he made the right decision with players leaving (although I'm surprised Pawlett wasn't among them). Unfortunately he let those players go without securing replacements. To the extent that our best team - in McInnes' eyes - probably includes two players not playing in their best positions (O'Connor and Shinnie). I think we have cover in many areas, but only if we rely on two things: being able to change the system and giving young players an opportunity (Storie, Wright, McKenna specifically).

We are where we are I suppose, and the Maddison chap looks a decent prospect (albeit somebody else's prospect, and only for four months).

• 2 months later...

Completely missed this yesterday:

Cw6aS51XUAAppIF.jpg:large

What do folk think of McKenna?  I know folk appear to have been disappointed with Nuttal.

In true McInnes style, McKenna hasn't had much game time, but in the little time he did get last season he didnt disappoint.  Big, strapping loon aswell.

Hopefully he will be back  & he does well at Ayr, high hopes for him.

Both described as emergency loans.What does that mean? they were asked for from the other clubs,or we sent them out with a view to using them soon?

For an emergency loan a club that isnt in the top league has to make a request to the associaion to be allowed to loan a player for a short term gap thats been created through injury.

From the SFA site

-Emergency loans: these loans are only available to clubs in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 not to Premiership clubs and are for a minimum period of 28 days and maximum period of 93 days. The same restrictions as outlined in Standard loans apply. Furthermore no club can bring in any player after 31 March except in emergency circumstances and any such registration requires the specific approval of the SPFL Board.

In true McInnes style, McKenna hasn't had much game time, but in the little time he did get last season he didnt disappoint.  Big, strapping loon aswell.

Hopefully he will be back  & he does well at Ayr, high hopes for him.

From the horses mouth (McCalls not McInnes) loan only until Jan as McInnes is expecting bids for Taylor in January, and is also hoping to off load Morris.  McCall rates McKenna really highly and is surprised he is not playing regularly at higher level. 

From the horses mouth (McCalls not McInnes) loan only until Jan as McInnes is expecting bids for Taylor in January, and is also hoping to off load Morris.  McCall rates McKenna really highly and is surprised he is not playing regularly at higher level.

Sounds like McInnes being uber cautious and not getting caught with nae centre halves. Good management after last season's nae midfielders fiasco. I doubt Taylor will garner any bids - although I suppose I could see him playing the Grant Hanley role in the championship, where hoofing is more important than ability. Even if Morris goes, I still think it would be good for McKenna to go out on loan as I don't see him featuring until next season.

Taylor in final 6 months of contract in January? With him just having become a father and with his position as first choice probably gone I can see why his agent is probably lining up clubs down south. Prob more likely he signs a pre contract with someone,  cant see Championship clubs being interested though. A Bury or Fleetwood, clubs near his hometown would likely be his destination. (And his level tbh)