Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer News / Gossip

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the centre of midfield would be the top priority myself.

Talk on AFC Chat Forums of Greg Stewart rumours picking up pace around Dundee. But at this moment in time I think we can label that as forum hearsay :D

Canny see us buying another forward. And we would be hard pushed to get Dundee to sell him to us.

So, I thought DM talked about increasing the squad depth and having more players......and now 3 gone in a week, Flood, Smith, and Shankland. Are we deeper now? Our squad doesn't appear bigger and we don't seem to have added a single first 11 player which is concerning.

Last seasons first team out (7) - Ward/Collin, Brown, Quinn, Robson, Goodwillie/Church, Flood, Smith

In (7) - Lewis, Alexander, Morris, Storey, O'Connor, Stockley, Burns

2 keepers out and 2 in, 1 defender out and 1 in, 1 attacker/forward out and 3 in, and O'Connor replacing Flood, Robson, and Smith (although Burns may be Smith's replacement.)

I may be missing a player but to me we're paper thin in midfield and need to replace Flood and Robson. I can cope with our defense provided we have a strong central midfield to protect them....which we clearly do not.

Wonder how much how far we go in the Europa League is influencing current spending and signings, if any. Prize money for advancing to the group stage is 2 million, plus it's a fair chunk of money for every round. We've got 340k so far and up to over 500k if we advance over Maribor.

Reaching the first qualification round - €200k (£167.5k)

Reaching the second qualification round - €210k (£175k)

Reaching the third qualification round - €220k (£185k)

Reaching the playoff round - €230k (£190k)

Group stage participation - €2.4million (£2million)

Group stage win bonus - €360k (£300k)

Group stage draw bonus - €120k (£100k)

Wonder how much how far we go in the Europa League is influencing current spending and signings, if any. Prize money for advancing to the group stage is 2 million, plus it's a fair chunk of money for every round. We've got 340k so far and up to over 500k if we advance over Maribor.

Reaching the first qualification round - €200k (£167.5k)

Reaching the second qualification round - €210k (£175k)

Reaching the third qualification round - €220k (£185k)

Reaching the playoff round - €230k (£190k)

Group stage participation - €2.4million (£2million)

Group stage win bonus - €360k (£300k)

Group stage draw bonus - €120k (£100k)

I'd like to hope not at all. Those figures are all very good, but they shouldn't be influencing our transfer prospects as they are so unknown (as in we don't know whether we'd make those rounds at the start of it all).  The additions / changes we need haven't changed for the best part of 2 years so we should know what we need.  Whether we can get a better quality of player on the back of all this though, who knows.

I'd like to hope not at all. Those figures are all very good, but they shouldn't be influencing our transfer prospects as they are so unknown (as in we don't know whether we'd make those rounds at the start of it all).  The additions / changes we need haven't changed for the best part of 2 years so we should know what we need.  Whether we can get a better quality of player on the back of all this though, who knows.

Not sure I totally agree... I'm with you in that I hope they've not banked on a decent European run when setting the wage budget, but if additional prize money allows the board to free up some money to pay a reasonable transfer fee then I'm all for it!

I'd assume we've budgeted to get to this stage of the Europa League. Anything after is a bonus and if we get to the group stage I wouldn't be surprised to see a few extra pounds thrown to the transfer kitty, especially since it guarantees another 8 games minimum (not sure of the group sizes) and greater demands on the squad. Out of Europe now and it's Aucho, reach the group stage it's Pogba and Neymar?