Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer News / Gossip

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. For many reasons, the biggest one being that his best days are behind him and even then he wasn't good enough. Played his best football the season after he left us and performed much better than I thought him capable so add short-changed us to the long list.

It would be worse than Jackie Macnamara or however the fuck he spells the name I try to eradicate from my memory.

Totally agree with this, he seemed to be a big part of the poor culture we had in the changing room at the time and we've worked hard to stamp that out under McInnes.

Plus as mentioned before... He's nae very good anymore.

Fully expect McInnes has targets up his sleeve, he's been quoted before saying he's got a couple in mind that requires patience so here's hoping once the squads form in England we can snap these targets up. There's still time but I totally get why some are starting to get concerned.

Totally agree with this, he seemed to be a big part of the poor culture we had in the changing room at the time and we've worked hard to stamp that out under McInnes.

Plus as mentioned before... He's nae very good anymore.

Fully expect McInnes has targets up his sleeve, he's been quoted before saying he's got a couple in mind that requires patience so here's hoping once the squads form in England we can snap these targets up. There's still time but I totally get why some are starting to get concerned.

Was thinking about this the other day, was this before or after the Aucho saga?

I really hope he has something up his sleeve. Child neglector (allegedly) is not the answer.

I think the Mulgrew murmur was just hot air, I dont think he will be rejoining us.

The worrying thing coming in to the business end of this window is that the rumours of possible signings have all dried up, there is no real talk of anyone joining.

Raises a couple of valid points for me.

Don't think Mulgrew was ever a serious option.....wages, fact he was disliked during his time here, past his sell by date etc etc. Think cheap journalism or social media speculation at best.

The lack of rumours over signings is a worry, but McInnes and AFC have a track record of keeping things under wraps until last minute and then just announcing the signing. Lets all hope this is indeed the case this time around, as at least one midfielder required before close of window.

Was thinking about this the other day, was this before or after the Aucho saga?

I really hope he has something up his sleeve. Child neglector (allegedly) is not the answer.

It was around the same time as the euro games. He's also said Aucho was one of a few options so I wouldn't read too much into him being the only target.

Raises a couple of valid points for me.

Don't think Mulgrew was ever a serious option.....wages, fact he was disliked during his time here, past his sell by date etc etc. Think cheap journalism or social media speculation at best.

The lack of rumours over signings is a worry, but McInnes and AFC have a track record of keeping things under wraps until last minute and then just announcing the signing. Lets all hope this is indeed the case this time around, as at least one midfielder required before close of window.

McInnes does have a habit of keeping his cards close to his chest, so I agree that the lack of rumours means much.

The rumour started on AFC Chat by the looks of it, a couple of news sites reporting it now.

One lad on Twitter is suggesting we will bid £200k for him.  Not sure I would read much in to that.

Jamie Ness  :-\  Seems to have played plenty of football since leaving Stoke.

Latest rumours according to twitter...

Right if the rumours are to be believed then going out we have:

Hayes to Brentford 1m

McLean/Pawlett to Caley

Scott McKenna loaned to Falkirk

Hope to fuck the first one isn't true.

As well as the above, same guy is tweeting about Tansey signing up.

Jamie Ness from Scunthorpe

Tansey/Draper in a swap at Caley

Leahy from Falkirk

PRINCE FUCKING BUABEN FROM HEARTS

Think that chap is getting his info from over on AFC Chat, they seem to be going a bit crazy in the rumour mill section over there lol.

Ha ha, I wasn't saying any of it is credible ;)

Haven't looked at the chat in a while, will do so over lunch, I fancy a laugh  ;D

EXCLUSIVE By GARETH LAW

ABERDEEN could land at least one midfielder today — with Norwich's James Maddison and ex-Rangers kid Jamie Ness lined up.

Dons manager Derek McInnes has been left short after skipper Ryan Jack was crocked and Willo Flood joined Dundee United.

That's seen him step up the hunt to bring in new faces before the window closes tonight.

Norwich boss Alex Neil paid a fee to secure Maddison, 19, on a three and-a-half year deal from Coventry on the winter deadline day. He was loaned back to them for the rest of last season.

Maddison returned to Carrow Road for preseason but only featured one game. — ironically 6-1 Capital Cup win over Coventry, during which he set up two goals.

Ness, 25, has had an injury nightmare since quitting Gers for Stoke in 2012. He failed to start a single game for the Potters.

After loans at Leyton Orient and Crewe he was allowed to leave for Scunthorpe a year ago.

But Ness has so far only started one game.

From the Sun...