Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer News / Gossip

Seen this on the daily retard,

"are Aberdeen lining up an English Premier League star to follow today?

Probably not but there is a wee bit of transfer news from Pittodrie that we’ll tell you about shortly.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-centre-live-latest-news-8044352#eOkhYX5K7KWLASO0.99

Five minutes after that they mention Hanlon.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have heard rumour is that we're interested in Stevie Mallan of St. Mirren - Shankland could be part of that deal, IF, and it's a big IF, he's willing to be part of a cash deal.

He's a midfielder, but can't say I know much about him, scored a few goals over his time. Anyone know much else?

There was a big interview with shankland on the club website the other day. It didn't sound like he thought he was going anywhere which I found interesting. 

I like mallan though, would be a great bit of business to get him on board imo. I still think LS is with worth another chance though I would be happy to see him go back to helen on loan for another season.

There was a big interview with shankland on the club website the other day. It didn't sound like he thought he was going anywhere which I found interesting. 

I like mallan though, would be a great bit of business to get him on board imo. I still think LS is with worth another chance though I would be happy to see him go back to helen on loan for another season.

Did he play alongside Kenny then?  I'd prefer to see Shankland go out on loan again, if only to make sure his confidence was sky when he came back.  I've not really been convinced by him when he has played, but i'd like to think a year in the championship should have resolved his finishing issues.

There was a Twitter rumour last night that Paul Hanlon had agreed a deal with us.

I say rumour because it was a Hibs fan who's neighbour is friends with Hanlon's dad that told her  ;D

Well, it seems credible  ;D

Was thinking about this yesterday, if Stubbs goes, hanlon may well see his own future elsewhere

I would say if they offered £1million then we would most likely accept it.

All depends on Hayes as well though. If the interest is genuine, would he want to go?

Tell them to bolt, we shouldn't entertain the idea of selling our best players.  If Hayes wants to go (fuck knows why he would) then start negotiations at £1.5-£2m mark

Rumours on twitter that unsurprisingly, hanlon is going to sign a new deal with the hivs.

Seem to be quite a number of rumours regarding us but nothing appears to have been set in concrete. I'd hoped we'd have most of it done by now but I guess folk are on holiday. Hopefully see a few get announced this upcoming week.

could have been a decent signing but not going to cry myself to sleep if it doesn't happen. 

re hayes.  500k i would guess is the ball park of the remainder of his contract.  We are in no need of selling now we are debt free so the minimum I would let him go for is £1.25 mill.  £1.5 would be excellent business despite his key player status but that might be a little too much.  If they come in with good money and are offering to at least treble his wage (I would guess he's on about 4-5k with us, 15 k is not hardly breaking the bank for a championship side) he's could be pretty pissed if we turn it down.  I would be gutted to see him go, i wanted us to sign him the first time i saw him play, but if there is one player in our squad that deserves a lucrative move it's Hayes and I wouldn't resent him for taking it.  There would be no reason for that money not to be re-invested in the squad either and we could maybe get greg stewart to replace him for half the amount.  In short don't want to see him leave but for the right money I would be at peace with it. Lets face it, every club in scotland is a selling club.