Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

Not a lot we can do except sit and wait and hope. We're a more desirable team and club again and we're trying to get in more desirable players who have options. January always has limited players available too, good players aren't really moving at this time of year. I also think negotiations with the guys on expiring contracts can take a while - if Bannigan is a target Thistle will only sell him if they can get a replacement so we're waiting there too I assume. The majority of deal happen at the end of the window anyway so there's still time.

Andrew Shinnie would have been an interesting one but I think someone posted before he's on around 10k a week?? Don't think we can afford even a percentage of that.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot we can do except sit and wait and hope. We're a more desirable team and club again and we're trying to get in more desirable players who have options. January always has limited players available too, good players aren't really moving at this time of year. I also think negotiations with the guys on expiring contracts can take a while - if Bannigan is a target Thistle will only sell him if they can get a replacement so we're waiting there too I assume. The majority of deal happen at the end of the window anyway so there's still time.

Andrew Shinnie would have been an interesting one but I think someone posted before he's on around 10k a week?? Don't think we can afford even a percentage of that.

We can if it's 0%.  :thumbsup:

And? That's a very basic stat that really doesn't paint much of a picture at all. How many of those were from the bench?

As has already been said it's not been a great season for him but he has credit in the bank so to speak, something that Smith doesn't have.

And?  Well, he's nae a young loon any more, he's not a guaranteed starter and he's not scoring enough or assisting enough to force his way into the team.  He's managed 1 start since mid Nov (10 games) and I dont think he's completed 90 minutes all season.  He's out of contract in the summer.  I'd not be surprised if he moved on.

I hope not, I hope he returns to the form of a couple of years back, but I dinna think he's played very well for a sustained period, save a few fleeting glimpses of past form, in quite some time.

The story I got on Shinnie was that he wanted to come north but Birmingham were looking to find a club willing to pay a higher percentage of his wage bill than we could.  I think we might try to get him on a permanent deal in the summer though.  I've also been led to believe that Bannigan will choose to go south of the border, I hope that's wrong as I think he'd be a good addition but I'm not feeling hugely confident at the moment.  I think we missed out on our main targets in the summer, and I think that might be happening again this window too.

And?  Well, he's nae a young loon any more, he's not a guaranteed starter and he's not scoring enough or assisting enough to force his way into the team.  He's managed 1 start since mid Nov (10 games) and I dont think he's completed 90 minutes all season.  He's out of contract in the summer.  I'd not be surprised if he moved on.

Exactly, one start (in that period, at least). But  you're using your stat as if he's had 13 full matches. It's misleading.

As with Smith, if he's not doing it in training then he doesn't deserve a start and he may well be for the off. However, my original point about him was that our fans have been very quick on the negative stuff with him - 'get rid' etc while not taking into account that he has been a good player for us in the past, something I'm not sure can be levelled at Smith, who at best has showed glimpses of potential.  Don't get me wrong, Smith has some lovely touches and movement, but we don't often see an end product.

To have different opinions is fine. To have different interpretations of facts, very silly.

Everyone agrees that Pawlett hasn't made positive contributions to this season. That was the only bit up for debate.

This has to be mitigated by the very few minutes he's actually had on the pitch.

Personally I don't see any room for Pawlett in the starting XI. With Hayes and McGinn not suffering injuries and being superior contributors, it would be madness to change the formation to try and make room for PP.

There's nothing misleading about it fella. He's not contributed enough for us this season in my opinion. If you think otherwise, nae bither.

I think Smith should have been out on loan both last season and this, I think we could have handled his development better.

Jesus wept. How many times have I said in this thread that this season has not been a good one for him?  Sticking bland facts up like that never give the full picture. I remember when people used to form their opinion on a player on what they've seen on the park.

Try using your eyes and making your own mind up about his performances.

Below the belt. Referee intervention. He doesn't go to games so can't offer eyewitness testimony.

This doesn't excuse his misleading 13 games stat, a bizarre attempt to justify his opinion, a complete non-opinion if he's not even seen the very few minutes that he's been on the pitch this season.

Below the belt. Referee intervention. He doesn't go to games so can't offer eyewitness testimony.

This doesn't excuse his misleading 13 games stat, a bizarre attempt to justify his opinion, a complete non-opinion if he's not even seen the very few minutes that he's been on the pitch this season.

:rofl:  I've had a season ticket for the last 15 years min. I miss a few games with work now and then but even then catch up with Red Tv International.

The 13 games stat isn't misleading. It's a fact. He's started more than half of those. He's played 20+ times this season in all comps and has 1 goal, it's not enough.  His lack of game time is at least in significant part his own doing through his limited form.

I don't think Pawlett was particularly good last season either. 

Bobby, as I said, you're entitled to a different opinion, but I dinna think Pawlett has ever really fulfilled his potential, though he looked on course to be more consistent in the first season under McInnes. You're eyes may suggest he's the best thing since sliced bread but I just dinna agree.  Sorry you're struggling to handle that.

That said, I think we've had two poor transfer windows in a row now, I think we missed out on our top outfield target in the summer and I think we've missed out again this window too so I can see a value in retaining him. If I was Pawlett though, I'd be thinking that Id be wanting to play more and might be looking to see what other opportunities, particularly down south, were available.

That said, I think we've had two poor transfer windows in a row now, I think we missed out on our top outfield target in the summer and I think we've missed out again this window too so I can see a value in retaining him. If I was Pawlett though, I'd be thinking that Id be wanting to play more and might be looking to see what other opportunities, particularly down south, were available.

I'm pretty curious about who we missed out on in the summer, can't really remember being linked with anyone particularly exciting that we missed out on?

I believe Stevie May was our main target in the summer. I also think Andrew Shinnie was our main target this window and may well be again in the summer.  I think both players would have significantly improved our squad. Finding players we can afford that improve us is a pretty tough challenge, as it stands, I think this is the first window under McInnes where the squad has deteriorated, unless we make some decent additions this weekend, even then I fear it's too late for Wed now though and that game is make or break for our season.

I believe Stevie May was our main target in the summer. I also think Andrew Shinnie was our main target this window and may well be again in the summer.  I think both players would have significantly improved our squad. Finding players we can afford that improve us is a pretty tough challenge, as it stands, I think this is the first window under McInnes where the squad has deteriorated, unless we make some decent additions this weekend, even then I fear it's too late for Wed now though and that game is make or break for our season (and I'm led to believe we've a very irritating injury to a key player too - non-fitba related).

Ah I'd totally forgotten about May, fair enough it was disappointing to miss out on him.

I've been told Andrew Shinnie wasn't a top target though, shame as I think he would be a decent addition.

I'd question whether the squad has deteriorated all that much though... we're minus ward admittedly, but I honestly don't think he was anything more than adequate.  Time will tell if we notice much of a drop in quality now Brown/Collin are battling it out for the gloves.

Apart from that we've lost Quinn who was used very sparingly, I'm sure one of the young centre halves could be just as useful given how much game time he got. (Hasnt McKenna been mooted as a candidate for stepping up, sure his load spell is up soon?)

We've also had a fit again Storie introduced into the first team squad to good effect which is an added option in midfield.

One good quality signing and I'd argue we're equally good if not slightly stronger than before the window, I certainly wouldnt say its all doom and gloom.

Don Cowie released by Wigan.

Didn't realise he was so old!  :eek:

ED, i know we'll agree to disagree but Ward is infinitely better than anyone at the club. He had his faults (i.e. parrying into players) but soon removed that. We've not had a better keeper since Kjaer imo, despite his shite song, and unfortunately, we'll find that out soon enough.

Didn't realise he was so old!  :eek:

ED, i know we'll agree to disagree but Ward is infinitely better than anyone at the club. He had his faults (i.e. parrying into players) but soon removed that. We've not had a better keeper since Kjaer imo, despite his shite song, and unfortunately, we'll find that out soon enough.

Except he didn't though did he?... Right up until his last game he was making the same mistakes. Don't get me wrong he was a decent keeper, and young enough to develop but I really don't think he was good enough to justify the hype he got. He will be missed but not to the extent some people think.

And shite doesn't even begin to describe that song!

Ward is so much better than anything we've seen at Pittodrie this century.

Only a fucking retard can't see this.

For a start, nobody who's played for us will ever be a regular starter in the EPL.

Not that Ward has yet but he at least has the potential to, unlike the journeymen we employ.

Personally, I think he'll rack up 250/300+ appearances at the top level.

When Kasper Schmeichel was at Falkirk, I raved about him.

Most of these cunts don't understand goalkeeping.

Ward is so much better than anything we've seen at Pittodrie this century.

Only a fucking retard can't see this.

For a start, nobody who's played for us will ever be a regular starter in the EPL.

Not that Ward has yet but he at least has the potential to, unlike the journeymen we employ.

Personally, I think he'll rack up 250/300+ appearances at the top level.

When Kasper Schmeichel was at Falkirk, I raved about him.

Most of these cunts don't understand goalkeeping.

That remains to be seen.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9974947/chelsea-closing-in-on-1634m-deal-to-sign-reading-defender-michael-hector

He may yet go on to do just that.

Great find but hardly fair?

He was ON LOAN to us and played what, 20 games? No more than half a season.

You miss my point.

And it's a fair point to be fair. Only player that has any kind of chance of playing epl is Fraser..... and that's a pretty fucking slim chance.