Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

Bobby, as I said, you're entitled to a different opinion, but I dinna think Pawlett has ever really fulfilled his potential, though he looked on course to be more consistent in the first season under McInnes. You're eyes may suggest he's the best thing since sliced bread but I just dinna agree.  Sorry you're struggling to handle that.

Sorry, where have I said that or even suggested that? Don't put words in my mouth. And I'm not struggling to handle anything thanks but you're clearly struggling with my original point.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potentially Cowie could be quite a good influence on Jack and Storie. The guy is a model pro, knows Scottish football and has played at a good level. I thought he was a player at Inverness and our ex Inverness player record is pretty strong it has to be said. If we do sign him it could yet be a canny bit of business.

Edit. Had a look at a Wigan forum and it would seem most resentment toward him was to do with how much he was on.

Ward is so much better than anything we've seen at Pittodrie this century.

Only a fucking retard can't see this.

That's not up for debate, he is an improvement on what we've had lately, although in my opinion he's not as big an improvement as some would have you believe.

Also, just because he's better than what we had previously doesn't mean he was any more than adequate.

That's not up for debate, he is an improvement on what we've had lately, although in my opinion he's not as big an improvement as some would have you believe.

Also, just because he's better than what we had previously doesn't mean he was any more than adequate.

Best keeper we've had since kjaer, there is no debating. I know he's Welsh and plays for the red shite now but that's no reason to down play him. Don't think anyone was saying he was more than adequate, but a vast improvement on the frankly spineless shite we've had for decades. For a long time our keepers had no ability to kick nor come for a cross, for the first time in a long time, we had someone capable.

Best keeper we've had since kjaer, there is no debating. I know he's Welsh and plays for the red shite now but that's no reason to down play him. Don't think anyone was saying he was more than adequate, but a vast improvement on the frankly spineless shite we've had for decades. For a long time our keepers had no ability to kick nor come for a cross, for the first time in a long time, we had someone capable.

Fair enough that's your opinion, I agree to an extent but still think people are over egging how good he was/is. I'm not sure why being Welsh or a Liverpool player would be a reason to put him down though...

Best keeper we've had since kjaer, there is no debating.

He's not just the best keeper, he's the MVP - the most valuable player.

If we look at the salaries paid to anyone who we bought or grew this century and compare it to what Ward will be getting paid, that alone is the best yardstick as to how good they are at their chosen profession.

Even though it's a short career, take the best three earning years for any AFC player since 1999 and compare it to what Ward's best three years earnings will be. I would be amazed if Ward didn't earn at least five times what the best AFC earner did, whoever that might be and wherever they moved on to after AFC.

Didn't think much of Irvine for County today (or in previous games), hope he isn't a target. Thought Woods look good like.

Edit, to add: he also swapped shirts with a Tim (Lustig?) at the end. We don't want that sort of jakery in our team. That's for when a 2nd division team plays the dons or some shite.

Are we signing anyone!?!

I think we kind of knew how this would pan out...

If we have any ambition whatsoever, we would be spending big and signing quality.

Our balance sheet is MILLIONS better off thanks to Mr & Mrs Wm Donald.

This is the time to invest and a concrete benchmark of what Milne really wants from AFC plc.

He has been the cancer at the club from day one.

Not that many can even imagine this, let alone see it.

Deadlines not till tomorrow eve? Time will tell.

Time has been telling for 20 years.

The next 24 hours won't bring any new ambition.

He deliberately pissed millions of our money against the wall after the shares issues. And some.

Despite this being financially the IDEAL time, don't expect fuck all.

Leopards don't change their business strategies and the greedy don't get generous.

Deadlines not till tomorrow eve? Time will tell.

We don't tend to pick up any good last minute deals. In fact all of this points to what stooge said that we've missed out on our top target(s) as McInnes usually does his business quite quickly. Hope I'm wrong, only decent signing to be made last minute was Ward was it not?

Roda played well against Ajax yesterday, can't mind if he played, presume not?

A surprise 2-2 draw thanks to an injury time equaliser. I've never heard of him personally but he didn't play nor was he on the bench. Much as I despise Rupert, the Sky Sports Football App is great for stuff like this as you get the team line ups and the subs etc. for each game. And it's free (never paid for an App in my puff).

The EE now reporting that we will be signing the lad Griffiths from Roda.

Copy and paste from EE site

Aberdeen FC will not make a transfer deadline day swoop for Australian defensive midfielder Rostyn Griffiths.

The 27-year-old Roda JC was today lined with a move to Pittodrie from the Dutch top flight.

However  former Blackburn Rovers trainee Griffiths, who played in the Scottish top flight during a loan spell at Gretna in 2008,  is not on the Dons radar.

Meanwhile Dons boss Derek McInnes has not ruled out a deadline day move to strengthen his squad for the Premiership push.