Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

Collin seems to be well thought of by rotherham fans going by their forums but then again so was Scott Brown. At least the position is filled I suppose, interesting to see if he starts on Sunday.

I'm pleased to see us being linked with a cm though don't know much about lad from thistle.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archibald threatening to walk if he's sold says a lot about him if you ask me manc

Aye, my mate said that he's been somewhat of a linchpin for all their good play for the past 2-3 years. Starts deep and then pushes forward apparently. Can't say i've noticed much of him against us mind. My mate said it was supposed to be a pre-contract agreement but we've put in the bid to try and secure him due to interest elsewhere.

Aye, my mate said that he's been somewhat of a linchpin for all their good play for the past 2-3 years. Starts deep and then pushes forward apparently. Can't say i've noticed much of him against us mind. My mate said it was supposed to be a pre-contract agreement but we've put in the bid to try and secure him due to interest elsewhere.

Only thing I can remember about Bannigan is that he gets booked a lot. 9 times in 20 games this season.

We will be making a signing today or tomorrow. Havnt heard anything more about the Paul Quinn to county thing so won't comment. I don't know if it's the players or agents but del seems to be struggling to keep the lid on targets like he used to.

Or maybe not

I'm sure he said at the start of the week that nobody will be coming in before the game today so it's hardly surprising.  Fingers crossed he makes a couple of key signings next week though.

Did the crazy Quinn thing happen or has that gone all quiet for the moment?

Seems to have gone quiet though might be due to Reynolds being suspended for tonight? Not that that makes any sense for the rest of the season unless we sign another.

I see Irvine was supposed to be on the bench again today but had to start due to Martin Wood picking up an injury in the warm up.  If Quinn is going to county I would not be surprised to see Irvine sign for us. 

Well, all gone through now:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/dons-defender-quinn-rejoins-ross-county1/

Aberdeen FC defender Paul Quinn has today signed for Ross County on an 18-month contract.

The centre-back, 30, rejoined the Staggies after agreeing his early release from a two year deal with the Dons.

Quinn was Ross County captain last season before signing on with Derek McInnes’ Reds last summer.

An Aberdeen FC statement today said: “Everyone at the club thanks Paul for his contribution during his time here and wishes him all the very best in his future career.”

Dons boss McInnes recently confirmed players could leave Pittodrie during the January transfer window to free up funds to make an ‘impact’ signing.

Quinn’s exit will strengthen his hand to bring in a signing before the window closes on Monday.

With captain Ryan Jack and Willo Flood both side-lined for the next month with hamstring injuries central midfield is seen as a priority area.

Aberdeen are tracking Partick Thistle midfielder Stuart Bannigan who is out of contract at the end of the season but has recently held talks with Barnsley.

The Dons have also been linked with loan moves for Wigan’s out of favour Scotland international midfielder Don Cowie and Southampton’s England U21 striker Sam Gallagher.

Defender Quinn’s time at Pittodrie may have been short but he wrote his name in Pittodrie folklore by scoring the winner in a 2-1 home win over Celtic last September.

That victory was part of a club record eight game winning start to the Premiership campaign.

And Quinn could make his Ross County bow against Celtic at the weekend in the League Cup semi-final.

The stopper is available for Sunday’s clash as although on the bench for the Dons’ 2-0 third-round defeat by Hibs but did not feature.