Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

And anyway, who gives a fuck about other clubs? I've not read the annual accounts for them for the last 20 years. From what I understand, some have been well managed. Fuck they've even been able to build new stadia/stands whilst Milne turned our balance sheet to shit.

Who's examining Wm Donald? He's not been the chairman. He baled us out of deep shit.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying that, no. I'd say he's made some pretty fundamental mistakes, with his worst offence being the constant siding with the scum - most specifically not getting a more even split of revenues after the huns went bust. I just don't believe he's been any worse than his counterpart SPL chairman. You seemed to imply something more deliberate, but perhaps I misread. I was just curious as to what benchmark we have for financial fitba management.It's a pretty fucked up sport financially, and can't be easy. I probably am just more willing to accept that he's failed, rather than something more sinister.

I am not saying that, no. I'd say he's made some pretty fundamental mistakes, with his worst offence being the constant siding with the scum - most specifically not getting a more even split of revenues after the huns went bust. I just don't believe he's been any worse than his counterpart SPL chairman. You seemed to imply something more deliberate, but perhaps I misread. I was just curious as to what benchmark we have for financial fitba management.It's a pretty fucked up sport financially, and can't be easy. I probably am just more willing to accept that he's failed, rather than something more sinister.

If you suspect that you misread, then read it again.

I've not implied anything. I have SAID that he has horribly mismanaged the club. I have said that the question of his motives and ambitions are relevant, one which has been largely/totally ignored and one I said that the jury was out on.

Newsnight right now is a similar neglect of critical thinking. Just like we ignore Milne's motives, we similarly never ask WHY in relation to the refugee crisis. Why is it happening? Why did Cameron flip in 24 hours? Did one photo/image/video honestly change policy? He made a big faux pas when he spoke yesterday. He said that "we" needed a new government to replace Assad. He was saying that taking refugees was not the answer. He was right to touch on the political instability in these countries of course but nobody is reporting in the mainstream presstitute media as to how it came to pass?

This is ALL OUR making and until we start to ask hard and intelligent questions, examine the facts, think outside the box and explore EVERY possibility, the truth will always be presented to us how someone wants us to see it.

No I don't trust Milne because he's not done enough to earn trust and respect. On the contrary and particularly his conduct at various AGM's I've attended over the last 20 years, he is far from getting trust. Most don't even ask the right questions or are blinded by a lack of imagination and even the public incredulity that Hitler famously uttered.

History will tell the truth. Whilst it's being made, most don't know what the fuck is going on. For numerous and various reasons.

If you suspect that you misread, then read it again.

I've not implied anything. I have SAID that he has horribly mismanaged the club. I have said that the question of his motives and ambitions are relevant, one which has been largely/totally ignored and one I said that the jury was out on.

Newsnight right now is a similar neglect of critical thinking. Just like we ignore Milne's motives, we similarly never ask WHY in relation to the refugee crisis. Why is it happening? Why did Cameron flip in 24 hours? Did one photo/image/video honestly change policy? He made a big faux pas when he spoke yesterday. He said that "we" needed a new government to replace Assad. He was saying that taking refugees was not the answer. He was right to touch on the political instability in these countries of course but nobody is reporting in the mainstream presstitute media as to how it came to pass?

This is ALL OUR making and until we start to ask hard and intelligent questions, examine the facts, think outside the box and explore EVERY possibility, the truth will always be presented to us how someone wants us to see it.

No I don't trust Milne because he's not done enough to earn trust and respect. On the contrary and particularly his conduct at various AGM's I've attended over the last 20 years, he is far from getting trust. Most don't even ask the right questions or are blinded by a lack of imagination and even the public incredulity that Hitler famously uttered.

History will tell the truth. Whilst it's being made, most don't know what the fuck is going on. For numerous and various reasons.

Okay, we agree that there has been mismanagement of the club, I'm just not entirely sure which motive you're talking about, hence why I'm not quite sure how to answer. If it's that he wants to re-develop Pittodrie for hooses, then he's made a complete an utter airse of it. He's had 20 years of hassle for a site that will barely pay itself back once the flats are built. I do agree with the wrong questions being asked though, that's why I asked you why you accept the Donald's generous gesture as genuine. I find it strange that they would out of the blue put £3M into the club at a time when we're (possibly/supposed to be) doing a building project, and I was disappointed those types of question weren't asked. Again, to re-iterate, I don't believe they are anything but genuine. The other question that has never been asked, and should have again and again and again, is why we sided with Celtic to ensure that the 11-1 voting system was kept in place. That to me showed more corruption and incompetence than any of his financial mismanagement.

I'm in total agreement with your points! I find the media more culpable (I ken, you canna be more culpable, but it's late) than the politicians.

Yeah it is late and I have no idea how to respond to that.

I'm not talking about any specific individual motive and I certainly didn't say anything about flats at Pittodrie. I'm talking about a history of actions that might point to learning about a fundamental question as to what drives those actions.

It appears that not only has the question - of what Milne's principal objectives are (in his capacity as chairman of AFC) - been largely ignored, the question itself may be beyond comprehension and/or imagination. Unsurprisingly.

You assume he knows the answer to that? I suspect he just fancied it at the time.

Well eventually, we find a point of contention, a difference of opinion.

You are right. I more than assume that he knows the answer to why he got involved.

Ian Donald provided the opportunity, possibly inadvertently but given his record before and since, probably inadvertently.

Never met a successful businessman yet who does anything, let alone BIG decisions, without a clear reason why.

• 2 months later...

Has looked poor when I have seen him so no loss if he is. Would expect Parker to be returned to Red Star as he has also looked pretty poor.

Both would please me as McLaughlin especially looks absolutely useless. Parker as I think TC best describe him, was another Magennis except he wasn't as strong.

I'd hope that given TD statement that they are looking at quality in Jan, they mean it.

A Finnish sport journalist on Twitter is suggesting Aberdeen are looking at Sebastian Dolivo, who is a 19 year old right sided centre back. Apparently impressed against Celtic in the UEFA youth league, and is out of contract on December 31 (though some sort of development fee would be due I presume).

To train with the Dons next week he says.

McLaughlin - Jurgen Klopp invited all Liverpool's loanees down to Anfield during the international break to meet them. It's likely McLaughlin has told him he's not getting a game, probably not learning a huge deal on our training pitch compared to theirs, so no surprise they've called him back.

So what would folk like to see come in? Unfortunately, I can't see another striker coming in unless Parker does go, and let's face it DG isn't going anywhere.  Hopefully another RB once we get rid of McLaughlin.

Agree on a right back and would hope to see Parker going and being replaced by a striker. A ball winning central midfielder would also be on my list as do not think Flood is good enough for a team supposed to be competing at top end of table and feel Shinnie is far better used at left back.

Rumours doing the rounds that Dick Foster will be back at Pittodrie in January. They are only rumours but it's coming from a few different directions. Fingers crossed it's pish.

Seems that Logan will be away to a Championship team in Jan and his arch-nemesis will also be heading to the Championship... Ryan Jack is wanted by the huns and we're expecting a bid in Jan.

The above is probably pish but these are the rumours doing the rounds at the moment.

I never thought I'd say this but I think we should take Jackson Irvine from Ross Co. Good physical presence and the guy can actually play a bit too. Exactly what we need in the middle of the park, still think we're too lightweight in there.

No danger jack would be sold you the horribles surely.

Agreed on Irvine, in fact said so myself a few weeks ago, centre mid is  our weak spot and he would walk into staying line up.

I'd like to think the same.  We don't need to sell to them ( from a financial perspective ) and why take the step down?  The real Championship is where he'll go if anywhere.

Your post put a lot of fear into my though Bobby! Fozzy back at Pittodrie? Fuck that. I enjoy booing him too much.

Could see Logan going to Bolton or Rotherham. Although both are relatively cash strapped at the moment.

Surely there is no way will Ryan Jack end up at the Tribute Act..... has his stock really fallen this low since last season.

The Foster rumour fills me with dread also. Surely we have moved on from the likes of this.

Is he even getting a starting place at County week in week out ?

Having said that McInnes did pay good money for him once  :o

Don't see the U20's at all, but surely to christ we must have a youngster that could potentially be given the chance to step up to first team duties as right back ?

Why oh why did we take the boy from Liverpool ??

Know McInnes is exactly well known for giving youth a chance, but both Storrie & Ross have managed cameo appearances in the last couple of weeks.

Yeah he starts most games al, if you check out the highlights from the weekend he put in a cracking cross for boyce to score counties first. I can understand the dislike for the idea but I for one bear the guy no ill will. Don't get me wrong I think we should be looking elsewhere but if it did happen I think he would do a job for us.

Yeah he starts most games al, if you check out the highlights from the weekend he put in a cracking cross for boyce to score counties first. I can understand the dislike for the idea but I for one bear the guy no ill will. Don't get me wrong I think we should be looking elsewhere but if it did happen I think he would do a job for us.

Personally, I think he's found his level at County. I don't want him back for a number of reasons but the main and most important one (I feel anyway) is that he is in the past.  He was part of the problem, part of the mediocrity years/decades. We've managed to purge the club pretty much entirely from the bad ju ju that existed, including the managers. This team don't need the fans on their back like they would be if he were to rejoin.

I thought Foster played well in both games against us this season but I absolutely do not want him anywhere near this football club unless it's on the opposing team. To hell with that. Although we will need a full back. I hope to fuck Foster isn't the answer.