Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

As Al and yourself knew who he was, i thought you could give some background information because, you know, this is a chat site and for that to prosper chat has to be present. But it doesn't matter as you're obviously having a bad day of it and instead of giving us information about the player you've got to act like a fucking spangle.

calm doon fella

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tansey could be a great signing, he really doesn't give the ball away very often and is very handy with a dead ball. I would have preferred the more b2b irvine from county but I suspect then making the final knocked that on the head. I know very little about Alston though did he not score the winner against the orribles over the festive period?

Tansey could be a great signing, he really doesn't give the ball away very often and is very handy with a dead ball. I would have preferred the more b2b irvine from county but I suspect then making the final knocked that on the head. I know very little about Alston though did he not score the winner against the orribles over the festive period?

The more I think about it the more I like the thought of this signing. If he can add a bit of grit to our midfield and ensure we keep the ball a bit then I'm all for it.

Based on what my Caley supporting mate told me earlier he's a "solid central midfielder with a lethal right foot".

From what I've seen against us over the years, he's more Kenny McLean than Stuart Bannigan. Good fitba'r, but not particularly strong in the challenge. I'm a bit underwhelmed, especially at £200K, he seems a bit "4th target of 5" on our list if you ken fit I mean, but I suspect we're getting desperate to bring a centre mid of any quality in and at least he'll settle in quite quickly having played in the SPL for a number of years. Also, he has scored several times against us. I'm hoping it's all a front, and we sign the Dutch/Australian/born in Stoke guy from Roda, just for that exciting unknown element.

I'd still expect us to get one more in too, on loan at worst, a striker. With McKenna coming back, he's clearly risking the defence of Taylor, Considine and Reynolds to last the season which I think is the right thing to do.

From what I've seen against us over the years, he's more Kenny McLean than Stuart Bannigan. Good fitba'r, but not particularly strong in the challenge. I'm a bit underwhelmed, especially at £200K, he seems a bit "4th target of 5" on our list if you ken fit I mean, but I suspect we're getting desperate to bring a centre mid of any quality in and at least he'll settle in quite quickly having played in the SPL for a number of years. Also, he has scored several times against us. I'm hoping it's all a front, and we sign the Dutch/Australian/born in Stoke guy from Roda, just for that exciting unknown element.

I'd still expect us to get one more in too, on loan at worst, a striker. With McKenna coming back, he's clearly risking the defence of Taylor, Considine and Reynolds to last the season which I think is the right thing to do.

Hmm fair enough, I took solid midfielder as being more defensive minded but if Tansey is being brought in to compliment Jack whilst playing McLean further forward then that's fine by me too!

Hmm fair enough, I took solid midfielder as being more defensive minded but if Tansey is being brought in to compliment Jack whilst playing McLean further forward then that's fine by me too!

Aye, maybe he is more solid than I'm giving him credit for. As I say I've only seen him against us, when he looked the more creative play-maker type, but it could be that I wasn't paying huge attention, but it was always Draper who I saw making the challenges (I think Tansey is a better player than Draper, who I wouldn't want). That said, he's significantly better than Irvine at County in my opinion, and he certainly isn't shite. I just hoped for a stronger player, like Biton at the Tims (but cheaper).