Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

A sulky hun (RIP) whose "idol" was a wife beating alkie.

Who at 23 has barely played a seasons worth of first team games.

I can understand why Hibs wouldn't want The Sevco to have him, but can't see why a team with title ambitions would need him, let alone look to pay a fee to secure his services.

If I was the rest of the lads in the dressing room I'd be pissing in his shoes and cutting his favourite tracksuit up, until such times as Stubbs has him training separately.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we have any cash available to go an buy a player then I would personally rather see it going on someone else.

I am not saying Allan isnt a decent player but I think if we were to pay over £200k for him then we have paid too much. He is in the last year of his contract and has had one good season in the second tier of Scottish Football. If the money was right than I think he would be a good addition to the squad but I think this will all just be rumours on he will eventually sign for SEVCO. 

From today's EE:

THE Dons today ruled out a move for former Dundee United and Hibs right-back Keith Watson.

The 23-year-old, who is without a club at the moment, was photographed training with the Aberdeen first team squad at Pittodrie yesterday.

Dons boss Derek McInnes and assistant Tony Docherty worked with Watson during their time at Tannadice.

They agreed to allow Watson, who was freed by United in the summer after spending the latter part of last season on loan to Hibs,  to train with them to maintain his fitness while he looks for another club.

Can't say I really remember much about him

I still think May is our main target, whether we get him or not is another thing, cant say im 100% on him but we need another goal scorer, even with nae being 100%, if we do go for him I hope its on a deal, rather than a loan, just in case he is a success.

Hopefully now that the euro run is done, we see a couple out and a couple in

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/dons-homing-in-on-red-star-belgrade-striker/

ABERDEEN FC were today working on securing Red Star Belgrade forward Josh Parker on loan.

The 24-year-old, who can play up front or wide,  was born in England but has been capped at full international level for Antigua and Barbuda.

He began his career with Queens Park Rangers and also played for Oldham and Dagenham & Redbridge.

Parker signed a two-year contract with Serbian Superliga side Red Star in January but is keen on coming to Pittodrie to get more regular first team football.

:-\

After talk of signing a Striker like Stevie May I cant help but feel like a deflated balloon lol.

If  this guy comes, I suspect this will be a case of "and" rather than "instead of".

I don't have any great deal of insider info but I still think May will be playing for us and it'll be a permanent rather than a loan deal.

If  this guy comes, I suspect this will be a case of "and" rather than "instead of".

I don't have any great deal of insider info but I still think May will be playing for us and it'll be a permanent rather than a loan deal.

100% with that Stooge.

Again I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but genuinely do believe that Stevie May will be an Aberdeen player by 1st September.

Hope your right Al as this lad has lower league journeyman written all over him.

Deek has been very 50/50 in the transfer market imo, some horrors and some crackers, I will be fair to him and say that he has identified the shite pretty early and binned them asap, if he had only asked me in the first place… As a fitba fan i see myself as highly qualified in the art of being able to say “utter shite” before actually seeing anyone play or even ever hearing about them, if proved wrong I will of course deny ever having written such nonsense. With lines like “I always knew he was a hidden gem”, “great spot Deek” etc

On this occasion I’m calling “Shiite” mair Wylde than Shinnie

Don’t know why but I also have the feeling that May is still very much a target

Deek has been very 50/50 in the transfer market imo, some horrors and some crackers, I will be fair to him and say that he has identified the shite pretty early and binned them asap, if he had only asked me in the first place… As a fitba fan i see myself as highly qualified in the art of being able to say “utter shite” before actually seeing anyone play or even ever hearing about them, if proved wrong I will of course deny ever having written such nonsense. With lines like “I always knew he was a hidden gem”, “great spot Deek” etc

On this occasion I’m calling “Shiite” mair Wylde than Shinnie

Don’t know why but I also have the feeling that May is still very much a target

Agreed. It's great to have a manager that we can trust. He won't always make spot on signings but who does? His budget is still pretty strict (although not as bad as it's been in the past) but like you say he's fairly quick to move the shite on. I don't reckon this boy would be on a massive wage so maybe it's worth a punt?

I've no idea where all the Stevie May stuff is coming from but I hope you're all right!

#awkward

Sorry bud, was only jesting.

I know, min, no worries.  :thumbsup:

Aye Deek doesn't do polishing turds. For the most part his signings have been pretty decent I would say. Rooney, Shinnie, Maclean, Ward, Logan, flood and to a certain extent Goodie you just can't argue with. Jury is still out on Taylor but he has defo improved.  Loans like Monakana, Tate, and the short term for Driver I have no issue with as they provided squad depth despite not overly impressing. Yes there has been wyldes and zola's but you could argue these were made when the club needed positions filled and were unable to find better at the time.

Overall Deek has more than earned the right to expect a little faith from the fans and if a signing doesn't work out we know the will be moved on pronto

To be fair to Derek, even when his transfers have gone wrong, they've gone wrong for the right reasons.  I'd say he's identified the right type of player, the player just hasn't worked out.  We needed a big strong striker and he got in Zola, we needed pace on the wings and he got Wylde, we needed experienced CB/RB cover, he got Tate.  They were all logical moves, within our budget limitations.

SInce our budget has improved, his strike rate has improved too, McLean, Shinnie, Quinn and Ward being the recent additions certainly suggests he's going to get more right than wrong.