Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

We definitely need a new striker, primarily because Shankland isn't quite ready for it (his game time showed it) and Goodwillie just doesn't seem up for it. Sooner his deal runs out, the better imo.  Shame really, but it just hasn't worked out.

I see Ward may be in contention for Thursdays game, how'd he play last week?

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definitely need a new striker, primarily because Shankland isn't quite ready for it (his game time showed it) and Goodwillie just doesn't seem up for it. Sooner his deal runs out, the better imo.  Shame really, but it just hasn't worked out.

I see Ward may be in contention for Thursdays game, how'd he play last week?

Only heard good thing about Ward from his brief Dons career so far. Apparently he can do all the basics and he was coming for crosses.  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Only heard good thing about Ward from his brief Dons career so far. Apparently he can do all the basics and he was coming for crosses.  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Now I know you're lying  ;D  Sounds like a ridiculous idea for a goalkeeper to do those things in a Dons jersey  ;)

Not confirmed by any stretch of the imagination, but Chris Harvey has said this on twitter:

Chris Harvey ?@ChristopherHarv  3h3 hours ago

Rumours round-up.. Billy McKay to Dundee United perm, Jamie Ness from Stoke to Aberdeen perm, and Stevie May from Sheff Wed to Aberdeen perm

As mentioned to Manc... if there's any truth in this and the deals are confirmed, its got to go down as our best ever transfer window.

If there's no truth to it then Christopher Harvey should be run out of the country for getting our hopes up  ;)

It is unusual for Mcinnes' transfer deals to leak to the press though...

I think another CM is needed, I like Flood for his attitude but to consistently challenge for honours you really need a bit more than that.  I now see him as the weakest link in the side and, even worse, he has no direct competition for his position. 

On doing a little research on Ness he could be a good shout.  He played last season for crewe on loan from Stoke and did pretty well apparently, they want him back according to an article in crewes local rag from last week.  He's 6ft 1 so has a bit of presence about him and despite the fact we have our best team in decades the cm is a little lightweight.

I had hoped we would go for McGinn from helen to add a bit of steel to the centre of the park but this ness is 24 and has more experience at a higher level.  Ness was one of the deserters for free when the huns went to the wall (another bonus, the huns will hate him for walking out on them.... the seethe from the ranks of Mordor if he came and did well for us would be almost intoxicating) Stoke may be prepared to terminate his contract for little to nothing.  He's never going to get a game for them and it will free up the wage so they would likely be easy to deal with.  It could be a very shrewd piece of business IMO

I was never overly keen on the idea of taking in May on loan, not for his ability but for the developing another teams player in an area we have decent options and a young prospect aspect of it.  Taking him on a perm would be a very different story, no question he would be a superb addition giving us real strength in depth up front. 

This comes off it will be the best transfer window in my memory by a distance

,Flood and robson will not play many games due injuries and performances as last season showed .  could be somebody is going but I don't think it will be .  as for May it be a big surprise if it was permanent . 800k Wednesday paid for him so you would think it would be a loan move. either way I will be well happy. we def need another striker and May will get his fair share goals.  Be disappointed if its just Rooney and Goodwillie as main strikers. 

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see anything on social media about us seemingly having matched the £250k bid for Scott Allan??

Personally can't see it happening myself.

I can see us bidding for him.  I think he's the sort of player we'd commit a modest fee to.  If the huns interest is genuine though, and it appears to be, he'll go there as he's a wee hun fud.

I'll not lose any sleep on missing out on him but he's the sort of player I think we should be after.

I can see us bidding for him.  I think he's the sort of player we'd commit a modest fee to.  If the huns interest is genuine though, and it appears to be, he'll go there as he's a wee hun fud.

I'll not lose any sleep on missing out on him but he's the sort of player I think we should be after.

I reckon he'd just be warming the bench if he came to us.  I'm sure we can do better.

Not sure I get the hype around him.  Think he's good, but good enough for us?  I'm not sure.

I see McInnes has confirmed that no-one will be leaving whilst we're in Europe.  hopefully it's a smokescreen or we're just waiting for the right person to be available for us.  Makes sense not to let someone like Shankland go unless we're got a replacement.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/no-pittodrie-exits-while-were-still-in-europe-says-mcinnes/

Not sure I get the hype around him.  Think he's good, but good enough for us?  I'm not sure.

I see McInnes has confirmed that no-one will be leaving whilst we're in Europe.  hopefully it's a smokescreen or we're just waiting for the right person to be available for us.  Makes sense not to let someone like Shankland go unless we're got a replacement.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/no-pittodrie-exits-while-were-still-in-europe-says-mcinnes/

In his interview with STV he also confirms there's no interest in Scott Allan.

Yeah I don't really see the fuss about Allan truth be told, he's alright but better than MacLean, peepaw or Smith? Not for me. That said if he did come it would be worth it for the seethe from mordor alone. Ultimately att mid seems to be filled, if we were to move for another one I would be after Christie from ict. It's cm that needs another addition imo.

All the Scott Allan stuff has come from the forums. And papers reporting it. It's actually quite embarrassing.

I thought he was actually a failure down here anyway was he not?  Not saying that that's not a reason not to go for him and the clubs he was involved with were of a decent standard.  But didn't do much else.  so i wouldn't be bothered if it was just forum chat.  As tlg says, we've got better at the club.