Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen right-back Shay Logan is on Bolton Wanderers manager Neil Lennon's list of summer targets, with a £150,000 bid possible for the 27-year-old Englishman. (Daily Mail, print edition)

I can see him leaving this summer but I'd certainly be hoping for more than £150k

I can see him leaving this summer but I'd certainly be hoping for more than £150k

I'd hope that that was shite and Neil Lennon up to his old tricks.  Only catch being it's probably a club he'd consider due to the proximity to his family... :-\

I imagine that would be an appealing move for Logan, 150k is laughable though. Still, only a year left on his deal if memory serves? 500k would probably be the most wet would get if so

Yeah I was thinking the same... to be honest as much as I rate Logan I'd be happy with £500k seeing as he'll not renew his contract anyway.  Reinvest that case in a younger right back that plays in a similar style and bank the rest then I'd say it's good business.

There is a lot of speculation that Shay is unsettled and unhappy with the arrangements the club have made for him and they may be true.

Has Shay actually said he wants to leave though?

He's got a year on his contract and, assuming he maintains his level of performance, he's worth more to us than a token 150k pay off.

If he's desperate to leave, than fine, but I'm not entirely convinced that is the case.

I hope he stays.

I can relate to that like, I'm heading off to China imorn and it is only getting harder to be away.  Pish.

No chance of Shay and family relocating?  I understand him nae fancying that if he's only on loan or a relatively short deal where managers and circumstance notoriously change quickly.  But now, after establishing himself as he has, with the manager and teammates all committing to longer deals, would it be beyond the realms of possibility that we could convince him his future is here?

I dinna ken.  I just feel now more than ever we've got the potential to offer stability and success.

I can relate to that like, I'm heading off to China imorn and it is only getting harder to be away.  Pish.

No chance of Shay and family relocating?  I understand him nae fancying that if he's only on loan or a relatively short deal where managers and circumstance notoriously change quickly.  But now, after establishing himself as he has, with the manager and teammates all committing to longer deals, would it be beyond the realms of possibility that we could convince him his future is here?

I dinna ken.  I just feel now more than ever we've got the potential to offer stability and success.

Doesnt he have kids from a previous relationship that are still based in/around Manchester?  I presume that'll be the sticking point.

Bolton would be a good fit for him it has to be said.  Right location, better money and good chance of getting regular games in better league with a potential challenger  for promotion at some point.  Considering his circumstance I would be surprised if that didn't turn his head.  So say Bolton's interest is for real and he goes who are we all thinking could be a feasible replacement?

Bolton would be a good fit for him it has to be said.  Right location, better money and good chance of getting regular games in better league to be involved in with a potential challenger  for promotion at some point.  Considering his circumstance I would be surprised if that didn't turn his head.  So say Bolton's interest is for real and he goes who are we all thinking could be a feasible replacement?

Whoever Inverness have at right back. Just to piss them off. :P

David Raven is more than capable rb but he's 30 now, couldn't see DM going for him 2bh.  It's probably likely any replacement will be in the Logan mould i.e. a young player we have never heard off from the english lower leagues.

David Raven is more than capable rb but he's 30 now, couldn't see DM going for him 2bh.  It's probably likely any replacement will be in the Logan mould i.e. a young player we have never heard off from the english lower leagues.

21459733.JPG

Hearing the Paul Quinn has changed his mind about joining us. Not sure what the sauce is but I'm sure we can find an adequate replacement so I'm meh on this one.

Bizarre decision if true. Unless he wanted to be guaranteed first team football, which he wouldn't be.