Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he's signed now!

11406912_10153343464422482_5228099477734873923_n.jpg?oh=015280cdf2d52a8b9ef0f6efc15d68d1&oe=562B1329

Edit from AFC.co.uk:

Aberdeen have completed the signing of defender Paul Quinn who previously played for Ross County, Doncaster Rovers, Cardiff City and Motherwell.

The Wishaw born 29 year old came through the youth ranks at Motherwell, playing 161 games for the Steelmen before moving south to Cardiff City in 2009 for a fee of £300,000. He made 46 appearances for the Welsh club before joining Doncaster Rovers, where he played 73 times between 2012 and 2014.

Returning to Scotland, he signed for Ross County in October last year, making 26 appearances until the end of last season when he became a free agent.

Paul is looking forward to getting started with his new club. "Aberdeen is huge club and I can't wait to get started. When I heard Derek McInnes was interested in signing me, it was something of a no-brainer while playing in Europe was another major factor."

Derek McInnes added. "I'm delighted to sign Paul, who has been a major influence on Ross County's form in the second half of the season. We're looking forward to him having a positive influence on our team.

"We've watched Paul on several occasions in the last few months and the key qualities he'll bring to the team are his experience, leadership and competitiveness. You cannot have too many leaders on the pitch."

Paul has signed a two year contract at Pittodrie.

Is that really true?

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Probably a case of seeking assurance that McInnes wasn't about to jump ship, in which case fair enough.

Article in today's The Sun pretty much confirms that, with Quinn stating the deal only stalled because McInnes was on holiday and Quinn was on his honeymoon in Spain.

• 2 weeks later...

The Evening Express are reporting that we are on the verge of signing Goalkeeper Danny Ward on loan from Liverpool.

Pretty strange this one as we will have four goalkeepers on our books.

To have been given a five year contract at Liverpool suggests he has something about him. Reckon we must have had to give some guarantees of playing time in order to get him, so who is heading out the door, Langfield or Brown ?

Hope he has a better attitude than our last Welsh keeper  ;)

aye good point,  but hope he is bit off a bam in regards takes no shit on the pitch and at corners, both our keepers turn into bonnie Langford at set pieces.  more think about it langfield must be off. if he is he might get few more thousand at brighton game ;)

Funny, Cheltenham signed the Wayalzzz U21 keeper the season after we had Jack Butland (engerland U19 keeper) on loan.

Jack relegated Scott Brown to the bench.

Connor Roberts went on to not play for Bangor City.

Hopefully Aberdeen get the next Jack Butland on loan (only from the other side of the Severn) but if 5' 10" is accurate...

Ferhan Hasani has signed for our Macedonian Euro opponents. He's a winger with 20 odd caps.

He started his career with them before moving on to Wolfsburg then Bronby.

His move back to Macedonia has been funded by an oil company, he's apparently on £5,000 a week which will likely make him the best paid player on the park.

Derek was on the radio suggesting there wouldn't be any moves involving us over the next fortnight but I'm nae convinced.  We may well be holding on til the end of the window to see how other things pan out but I'd be very surprised if we didn't get another 2 or 3 players in.

I'm far from convinced we even need May let alone on loan if you catch my drift.  We have three talented strikers, 4 if you include Mcginn.  I'm expecting a much better campaign from Goodwillie and Shankland and I really think we are going to give some teams a right doing this season.  Assuming the new keeper works out (the decision has been made on that so theres no point stressing about it any longer) the only area of concern for me position wise in the first team is Def Mid .  I like flood, you cant question that he's a grafter and when on his game a right pain in the arse to play against  but he's too hit and miss and there's no natural replacement. I had wondered if Gibbons was going to get more game time this season as I thought he had potential there but he's been let go.  IMO we should go for John Mcginn from Saint Mirren, we would get him for a development fee which would be 150 k tops and he would take floods role in the team from him quite easily. 

i think we def need a striker , i was all for Goodwillie coming in but apart fae the odd great touch he has been poor, athing seems too much of a effort for him,  Hope he proves me wrang this season but you get the feeling he wants be elsewhere .  Shankland will get decent game time but he isn't ready for starting, So if Rooney gets injured then it might be a major problem finding the net..

Goodwillie had a good start to last season but after he signed the new deal he really started to drop off. I would like to think he will start the season all guns blazing again but I am not sure.

Shankland will see more first team action this season but I dont think he is ready to start week in week out.