Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marley was a real prospect when he broke through at Cheltenham in L1 under that fucking imbecile, Martin Allen. Not sure his physique was suited to L2 when we got relegated, but rumours since that he was put on some ridiculous contract by Allen with huge appearance bonus'. Which made it impossible to play him if Cheltenham wanted to stay solvent. Still he has certainly improved himself in the intervening years. Not sure if it was just because I knew who he was but he was the one ICT player that I remember from the cup final last year.

3 it's the magic number...

(Hayes, Brown & Watkins, former CTFC players)

What did you see off Brown at Cheltenham Baggy?  I went onto a CTFC forum when we signed him and they all seemed pretty gutted he was going but he's not exactly set the heather alight at Pittodrie.  Was he better at Cheltenham or was it just the standard was lower in their division?

We all thought we'd never find a keeper as good as Scott Brown.

Trevor Carson had everyone giving it "Scotty who?" after about a month. The only player to come out of last season with any credit (and it's been plenty).

I do think that Scott Brown has been a bit more exposed, maybe, than he ever was before. Whether thats the standard or coverage, both size of club and TV, I don't know.

I suppose, thinking on it, he was never great at coming to claim a ball. I always thought his weakness was not communicating with his CB's but it appears that ours (Aberdeen) don't have  that problem, generally.

I've heard it said since he left (CTFC) that the only time you could trust him to command his 6 yard box was in the final 5-10 minutes when he would claim a ball and fall on it to waste time. So he CAN do it.

In all my years watching Cheltenham I can't recall a poor decision such as the one made against Killie to give the penalty away. Nor can I recall him chucking one in as he did against the jutes in the SF.

Theres a big step up in terms of pressure playing for Aberdeen compared to Cheltenham.

I wonder if DM is confident he is a better keeper than AFC have seen at times this season and that is the reason Leighton has gone. I'd be confident Steve Book (Cheltenham keeper coach) would get more out of him...

Marley Watkins rumour looks like its got some truth in it.  if we do sign him, keep hearing that might be one of our players away , canna see it as Mcinnies says were building a squad to have a right go again.    its up to the likes Pawlett etc to get there arse in gear or great moves to Hamilton and Ross County  awaits.    back to Watkins I like his style nice and direct and with great pace . were getting him at a great age he is only going get better just like Shinnie . caley fans rate them as there best players so nae bad for team that's give the Tims a bashing.    squad is in great shape I am well happy so far and Quinn is a decent addition  if that happens also. its all good with me  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, it's doubtful we'll see much of an improvement from him whilst Langfield is at the club.  I could be wrong, and now that bandy legs has left the club we might see some different form from him.

I really hope we don't lose anyone this summer.  I accept that it's likely to happen at some point, but I'd like us really to have a go this season and see what happens.  Folk want to move on after that, fair enough, but we're on the cusp of something and I want to see what the club can do.

How do you randomly get to Barnsley? Roll a dice, and if it's a 3 get on the nearest bus, a 4 take a taxi to the 2nd furthest away train station?

That could be an exciting way to travel. 

I like the sounds of that, might give it a go, though hopefully wouldn't end up in barnsley mind.

Sadly I didn't see him and he signed for them!  :hammer:

Aye, it seemed to be from last month I think.  Not heard anything official, nor do I know anything about him.  Think he was a youth rather than a first team player.

I did hear a rumour about a Championship based, double barreled Scot being linked.

I think we might see some movement this week.  We had Logan, Brown, Taylor and, I think, Goodwillie (he maybe missed the first qualifier), all signed up for Europe last year.