Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope the board (for tis them who will decide) would look see how much one assist or goal to get us into the group stages in Europe is worth, compared to quick cash, I hope they look at all offers for our players like that.

We don't need to sell anyone!

I still think there will be an onus to sell, they clearly agreed something with the banks about future player sales and it would seem strange for their not to be a time limit on that. Whilst I don't believe they'd accept something as ridiculous as £500K, they may see £800K or so as acceptable. I have my suspicions that they were hoping for an approach for Jack but didn't get one so made sure he signed another year. From what I heard it was AFC that stalled with Jack's contract and not the other way round. I was surprised that no one asked at the AGM what the details of the future player sales agreement with the bank was. I don't believe that the bank will be pressuring AFC to sell players in the way that would have happened in the past, but I think it's a debt/agreement that they'd want off their back as soon as possible.

Were we not linked with him in January too?  Can't say I know much about him ???

But with Daniels and Jshau gone, Ando retired, we do need a bit of cover.

Yeah I think we were.

Used to play for Motherwell before moving to Cardiff for £300k. He then spend a couple of seasons at Doncaster before signing for Ross County.

I know he can play both CB an RB so he would give us cover in both those areas which is good.

Would hope for players that would add to the first XI though, but maybe deek knows something we don't.

If we're genuinely looking to be title contenders, squad depth is absolutely essential.

If Quinn is in to provide that defensive depth as both a capable RB and CB deputy, I think he's a solid player to sign at a good age.

If he's in for the first team, he's not who I'd have picked and he's certainly not going to increase season ticket sales.

He's basically a better, more experienced big Joe.

What my county supporting pal thinks.

"He's a full back who has lost his pace which is why he now plays in the centre... good header and will score you goals from set pieces but he'll also make a mistake which will cost you a goal every 2/3 games from what I've seen..."

He's never been pacey, but never particularly slow either at Motherwell anyway. I wonder if McInnes just wants at least one fullback that isn't fleein doon the wings. I think the balance (or imbalance) of Logan on one side and Considine on the other is quite a good setup and gives us good cover at the back. If Logan leaves, then we'll have Shinnie getting forward and Quinn staying reasonably deep. I remember being a very good defender at Motherwell, but don't remember even seeing him for County. Keeping track of County players is more difficult than memorising PI however.

Spoke to one of my workmates who's a county fan, his take on Quinn was:

"Solid in the air, positionally very good, has a bit of pace about him and can actually play a bit as well. Was improving all the time throughout the season"

Seems to think he would be a great addition.